Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Ollie Login/Join 
Picture of ridewv
posted
My eyes have dried. I've buried Ollie and gathered his remaining litter and food to take to my friend who has two cats herself. Oliver had a great life, he was born in 2005 so lived about 17 years in good health until 3 days ago.

Ollie was a special cat to me, his personality was more like a dog, he generally followed me wherever I went in the house or out in the yard. He loved to go on walks with his sister Sophie (dog) and I. Probably his favorite walk was on the trail that leads down through the woods to the bottom, through the ferns, to the stream. He would jump from rock to road and often play around in the water (not deep just over his paws).
He quit eating and drinking Friday. Saturday evening I saw him slowly walking into the yard coming from the woods/stream trail but he was obviously sick and weak. By Monday (yesterday) he could barely walk. He loved being brushed so I spent a lot of time brushing and petting him Sunday and Monday. This morning he was too weak to get up so I carried him out to the back porch where he liked to nap and brushed him. When I checked on him 20 minutes or so later he had died. One of my life's pleasures was Ollie laying on my lap, purring away. I already miss the little guy but I don't believe I'll get another cat.

Sunday

Today. Ollie right beside the trail that he walked.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7033 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Im so sorry for your loss.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8065 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Sounds like you provided him a very good life.

Cats are great companions and I fear the day.....

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
This is tough.

Some people look at them as just pets but we look at them as being family members. We have lost 2 dogs this year, both to cancer. When they give their unconditional love to you, that makes them family even more so than family by blood.

Posts: 13039 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your lose. Ollie was good looking. Though it may be too soon, you might consider adopting another kitty as most shelters are overflowing with animals right now. A new cat or kitten will never replace Ollie, but they might offer you some comfort as you move forward. God bless.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your kind words! Edmond losing two pets so close together is horrible, I'm sorry.

I love them to death but living alone and at my age (69) I don't see myself getting any more pets. And I still have Sophie.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7033 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
So sorry

Posts: 2762 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace Ollie...

So sorry for you loss, it's never easy to lose a member of the family.

Archerman

Posts: 2475 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to hear it. Ollie was a good cat.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you had an awesome companion in Ollie

My condolences.

Posts: 53073 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and family member. Remember the good times.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
R. I. P. Ollie. He looked like a good pal and a great kitteh.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Makes me sad. What a special boy. Thoughts for you guys. He did indeed have a great life. Sorry Ride.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19092 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear about Ollie - Frown

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad he made it home, and then home.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Dammit, I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences and RIP Ollie.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38580 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A fine cat. My condolences.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15989 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As soon as I started reading this post my eyes started watering. I'm sure he knew he had a wonderful life. You have my condolences!

Posts: 461 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I too am sorry to hear about your loss. But know you gave him a loving home.

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Sorry man..that always sucks

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11236 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post