SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    French President Macron Says He is “Opposed to Self-Defense” After Farmer Shoots Burglar Who Broke Into His Home
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

French President Macron Says He is “Opposed to Self-Defense” After Farmer Shoots Burglar Who Broke Into His Home Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted
Imagine being this out of touch. What a jerk.

President Macron Says He is “Opposed to Self-Defense” After Farmer Shoots One of Four Burglars Who Broke Into His Home

Tone deaf comments hurt presidential hopes just days away from first round.

After a farmer was charged with murder for shooting a man after four burglars broke into his home, French President Emmanuel Macron said people should not have the right to self-defense.

Yes, really.

“According to the initial investigation, the farmer fired twice with a large caliber rifle at a group of four burglars, killing one of them. The self-defense shooting took place last Friday, between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m., and the man was alone with his 3-year-old daughter at the time,” reports Remix News.

However, Macron responded to the story by asserting that the 35-year-old farmer had no right to defend himself or his daughter in such a manner.

“Everyone must be safe, and the public authorities have to ensure it,” Macron told Europe 1.

“But I am opposed to self-defense. It’s very clear and undisputable because otherwise the country becomes the Wild West. And I don’t want a country where weapons proliferate and where we consider that it’s up to the citizens to defend themselves,” said Macron.

Presumably, the farmer should have just allowed the four burglars to ransack his home and potentially harm his young daughter without doing anything to intervene.

Macron insisted that the farmer should have called the police, who in many areas of France are already stretched to the limit thanks to criminal gangs of migrants youths being in a perpetual state of war with them.

“I’m not going to judge this news. I convey the rules,” said Macron, whose weak record on security and crime is under scrutiny.

With the first round of the French election just days away and polls tightening in the race between Macron and his likely final round challenger Marine Le Pen, the comments will do his chances little good.

After being charged with murder, the farmer was released but will remain under judicial supervision.

https://summit.news/2022/04/06...broke-into-his-home/

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30905 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
UFB...

Is the other potential candidate any better?

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2711 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’m against people with dozens of bodyguards wielding submachine guns saying ordinary folk have no right to defend themselves and their property.

That elitist and those who think like him should lose all their protection and see what it feels like to be responsible for their own defense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Proof: Another leftist idiot.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20388 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I’m against people with dozens of bodyguards wielding submachine guns saying ordinary folk have no right to defend themselves and their property.

That elitist and those who think like him should lose all their protection and see what it feels like to be responsible for their own defense.

I was about to post something similar.

That an elitist national leader can casually dismiss a God given right, a natural right, because they have a well-trained well-armed security detail surrounding them and their family constantly for their protection, illustrates just how out of touch they are with the realities of the commoners they lead.

To deny a parent the ability to protect their home, their families, their children, and their possessions they work for is to deny their rights.

Just one more example of a world leader pushing for taking over citizens' right to defense and replacing it with dependence on inefficient unreliable big government protection.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am certainly no authority on Marine Le Pen, but the media has been beating the drum that she is right up there next to Hitler, and all hell would break loose if she were in power.

I hope the people see through this propaganda. Anyone who disagrees with the media is ultranationalist/right wing/nazi.

I wish her luck.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
“… criminal gangs of migrants youths….”

So the hundreds of thousands of African and Middle Eastern “youths” [code for adults allowed entry into Europe illegally] who you imported with little investigation as to the validity of their asylum claims are stealing the citizenry blind. And Macromoron is surprised and does not want folks defending yourselves.

I wonder if Putin attacked the correct country.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32008 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The burglars and the family of the one who was killed should sue President Macron for failing to protect them from the farmer, since that's what he apparently believes his job is.

Posts: 11616 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Everything old is new again.

Posts: 109053 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:

I wonder if Putin attacked the correct country.

Exactly what I was thinking.... surely even the average French citizen can see how stupid this is.... perhaps they need another revolution.... and sharpen the blade on an old devise for 'King' Macron.....

Edit: dern it Para beat me to it....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blume9mm,

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
It’s scary that people willingly vote these statists into power.

Posts: 10040 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
If the French use Dominion voting machines, LePen doesn't have a chance. Frown

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Viva la stupid

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
He’s a political coward.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

I wonder if the mindset is that the bodyguards are defending him, as in like the police,
and if attacked etc, he would not be defending himself,

it's just that his police (personal police btw) are standing next to him,, vs miles away

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10577 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a sick and twisted thing to say/believe. What's next for them? Just open the jails and let everyone out? What deterrent is there? I know none, as the government wants only subjects. I am sure our "elites" want the same for us.

Posts: 7057 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
He actually said it. I thought the title was maybe paraphrasing or something, but no, that actually fell out of his mouth. Wow.

Posts: 17625 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche'

Do the "migrant yoots" and other illegal invaders have voting rights in France, like they do in our own more progressive communities?

Posts: 16171 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Be grateful fellers … He just sunk his own ship

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I bet if they ran a poll in France, the majority would agree with Macron. I don't know why anyone would assume any other countries share our attitudes on self defense in general and guns in particular. Most countries want the government to have a monopoly on the use of force.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post