SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I have been suggesting them here for years! I finally bought one today. And she is now here!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have been suggesting them here for years! I finally bought one today. And she is now here! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Going to buy one hopefully Friday. About 1.5 hours from me. $700. Should I look at getting the risers for it?

Posts: 258 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: February 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alingo2001:
Going to buy one hopefully Friday. About 1.5 hours from me. $700. Should I look at getting the risers for it?

I am 6’2” and they are worth every penny. The ones at my gym never had them. I am glad I have them on my one at home.
It’s a long way down and an even farther up after a long row.

When Ian talking the risers make sure you have very new very sharp bits and use soap or wax on the bit. The wood is very very hard and I broke 2 bits.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Rowed Thur and Fri due to weather (instead of cycling).

5/20 10,000M, 48 min 1200 strokes
5/21 11,975M, 60 min 1558 strokes

For me, counting strokes and listening to (headphone) music beats staring at the display.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Concept II training got me through this year's Head of the Charles on October 23. USNA "Masters" team, representing classes from '81 through '91.

Did ~ 6 weeks of 30 min per day (I hurt my back in August, so had to slow it down for a while). Best thing, is it has now become a daily habit.

We raced in the 50-59 age group, averaging 59 years old - bad math. With a one hour row together the day prior, we did ok - not dead last... Next year, we'll be in the 60-69 group and all committed to more training, with a goal of dropping a minute off our 5K times - so I aim to get below 19 minutes.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Anyone using a good app connected to the com connect that is not ridiculously expensive?

CityRow is $25 a month. Not happening.

————————————————

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
You still digging your Water Rower Black? The wife wants us to get a rower

Posts: 5301 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I've heard rumors of Peloton adding a rower to their equipment.
Don't have room for one at the moment, but that could push me into one once we get the office organized. The bike has just enough room around it for use right now.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
You still digging your Water Rower Black? The wife wants us to get a rower

Very much. Just wish I had more time to use it.

quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I've heard rumors of Peloton adding a rower to their equipment.
Don't have room for one at the moment, but that could push me into one once we get the office organized. The bike has just enough room around it for use right now.

Been hearing that rumor for years now and looking forward to it for their rowing workouts.
We don’t have any of Peloton’s overpriced equipment but we use their app that is $12.99.
Only thing different is our equipment does not send our metrics to the app or display them on the Pelton screen.

————————————————

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We have the Pelo bike & the all-in membership. My wife uses some of the non-bike classes, but all my time in there has been on the bike.
If the Pelo rower (if it ever comes out) is competitively priced to its competition, I'll give it a serious look, as my app membership [should] include row classes.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 5301 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have the Pelo bike & the all-in membership. My wife uses some of the non-bike classes, but all my time in there has been on the bike.
If the Pelo rower (if it ever comes out) is competitively priced to its competition, I'll give it a serious look, as my app membership [should] include row classes.

I was going to get the Peloton bike for my wife but we have no need for the screen on the bike as we have a big TV on the wall of the gym and a full sound system.
I spent half the money on a true studio bike and the monthly app is 12.99 instead of $39 if you have their equipment(if memory serves correct).
Spent $1200 less on a better bike and $20 less a month. It was not a hard choice to pass on the Peloton equipment.
Their app and workouts are top notch and their equipment is alright just not worth the cost.

We have a Sole F85 treadmill which my wife uses with the Peloton app and she also does boxing class.
I have been anxiously awaiting Peloton to add the rowing stuff so I can use the app with it.
City Row or whoever Water Rower teamed up with is like $3x a month. Not going to pay that.

————————————————

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Agreed, hopefully when/if they release a Pelo rower, it will fall into the all-in subscription & not push a price increase.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Oof, just saw that the Pelo rower has been released.
$3,200 Eek
Other than the classes, not sure how it's worth $2k over the Concept or Water rowers.

come and take it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Anyone using a good app connected to the com connect that is not ridiculously expensive?

CityRow is $25 a month. Not happening.

Might try Strava. I use it for tracking cycling and it gives a lot of useful information for a free app. You can use it to track about 20 different sports and it can connect to machines with Bluetooth and Ant+.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1881 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
quote:
$3,200 Eek
Other than the classes, not sure how it's worth $2k over the Concept or Water rowers.

+ a $44 a month subscription. Oof!

That being said a bunch of cycling guys I know use peloton over the winter to stay in shape year around and their wives use them regularly and love it.

I use Zwift for cycling over the winter, it's $15 a month. The Wahoo Kickr trainer was $900 and I use my own bike on it

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1881 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ibanda:
quote:
$3,200 Eek

+ a $44 a month subscription. Oof!

That being said a bunch of cycling guys I know use peloton over the winter to stay in shape year around and their wives use them regularly and love it.

I use Zwift for cycling over the winter, it's $15 a month. The Wahoo Kickr trainer was $900 and I use my own bike on it

I'm already paying the all-in subscription for the bike, but hard to justify 2k over a Concept 2.

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Spent 3 grand on the assault runner and that was a stretch, ain’t now way in hell a tower has technology warranting 3200$

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6253 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post