SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I have been suggesting them here for years! I finally bought one today. And she is now here!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have been suggesting them here for years! I finally bought one today. And she is now here! Login/Join 
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Its bad luck to have a boat without a name.

Posts: 7395 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'm sold. The exact same model with hi-rise legs is $1260 at Amazon. Is it a decent price?

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ergoproxy:
Ok, I'm sold. The exact same model with hi-rise legs is $1260 at Amazon. Is it a decent price?

Check FB Marketplace or Craiglist that is the only way to get them cheaper. I found no variation in cost when shopping new.

Only plus with Amazon is if you have their card you get 5% back.
Currently if you open a new Amazon card you get $60 back plus 5% I believe.

Make sure to register your WaterRower with WaterRower they extend the warranty to 3 years I believe and the chlorine tablets are always free.

Man, maybe if I send them this thread they'll give me a smart pulley as commission.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I saw 3 listed on my local CL and Offerup. I'll probably bite the bullet and get a new one with 3yr warranty. The one listed had a cracked tank, the other one with a cracked rail beam, and the last one is almost as much as a new one. Lots of off-brand/generic ones too.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
They are spendy but worth it.

Word of warning but good bits to drill the holes for your riser kit the ash is hard hard wood. I lost one bit and buggered up most of the screws. They are all hidden so not a huge deal.

Of course after the fact I read people suggesting to put wax or soap on the screws before you drive them.

Putting the risers on is way more difficult than assembling the main unit.
Also make sure your risers are oriented properly. They only go in one position. I got to the third and realized I screwed up.

————————————————

Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
I take it the risers come with a template for drilling the holes? Do you remember what is the size of the drill bit so I can have one on hand when it comes?

quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Word of warning but good bits to drill the holes for your riser kit the ash is hard hard wood. I lost one bit and buggered up most of the screws. They are all hidden so not a huge deal.

Of course after the fact I read people suggesting to put wax or soap on the screws before you drive them.

Also make sure your risers are oriented properly. They only go in one position. I got to the third and realized I screwed up.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
The Risers are metal brackets and have 4 holes in them you line up the bracket on the rails and mark the holes.
I don’t recall the bit size but it is fairly small.
I have used an Irwin brand bit which I have always had good luck with but it gave up the ghost on my last hole thankfully.

————————————————

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ergoproxy:
I take it the risers come with a template for drilling the holes? Do you remember what is the size of the drill bit so I can have one on hand when it comes?

quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

No template needed. Just remove the little plastic risers already mounted on it, drill existing holes holes a bit deeper and attach HiRise Mounting brackets. Get a very good drill bit!!!!!

Here is the HiRise Adapter Instruction Manual l. Change the "you MAY need to pre-drill holes" to "you better pre-drill holes or you will be killing yourself trying to put screws in".

Posts: 3932 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
thanks a bunch, gents

california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
PRT shift: What you need to know now about planking and rowing 1-2-20 [ navytimes.com ]

...The Navy has eyed rowing as a good fourth alternative, partly because it doesn’t take up much space and doesn’t require recalibration, so it can be used on submarines or other ships, Laird said.

“I think that the row is a really great modality to incorporate because it is another non-weight bearing activity so it will reduce the stress on your lower body,” Laird said. “It is also a really great cardiovascular workout because it does work about 80 percent of your musculature."

The service is testing the Concept 2 rower, Laird said. She suggested that those interested in learning more watch online tutorials.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
My wife is surprising me every day. I hear her get on several times a day - and she's extended her set times significantly.

I've tried many gloves - purple nitrile, two kinds of mechanix - they all work fine. I used to grab a hold of the handle with my four fingers over and thumb under - now I roll my thumb over also and it's a better grip.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
For those with the waterrower and S4 Monitor, here is a good video on setting up Ratio for duration rows It measures the draw versus your recovery, which should be 1:2. It has really helped me on my form and technique.

Posts: 3932 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
Okay, finally finished putting it together after sitting in the garage for the past couple of weeks. Got the model with the hi-rise kit so it came in 3 boxes. One for the tank, the rails, and the hi-rise kit. No drilling was required! I guess I lucked out since the screws for the rubber feet that I took out were EXACTLY the same as the one supplied with the hi-rise kit. My power driver was skipping and rounding the phillips head so I broke out the impact driver..much better. The rower is much longer than I expected. Will start my program tomorrow, Prez day. Again, thanks for the help everyone.

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
In my experience, specifically starting exercise cold turkey, and on a rower, it took two months to build endurance and muscle. After that the fat started dribbling off. (The fat had secretly been converting to muscle, but it was not noticeable in my clothing yet).

After another four months, weight loss was noticeable and noticed. After 18 months, I had all of the easy fat off my body.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^^. Good tip. Just filled the 1:2 ration and had the best workout on the rower to date. I found myself pulling harder once I got into the groove.

Think this tho g is working.... had to replace our 20y/o Pro-form treadmill yesterday with a new True treadmill.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
2 months in now and down about 15 lbs. The rowing machine has helped me get back into a daily workout. I mainly mix the rower in with an elliptical, bike and treadmill. Weights will come back into the circuit in another 8 lbs.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
a couple pages of my rowing log. have been at it daily since i got my concept2 model d jan 17th. not for weight loss - lowering carbs and time=restricted eating takes care of that.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now I just need to find a good show on Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu to watch while rowing. I used to listen to music while I rowed but I found watching a show made the time go by faster and my rowing form was more consistent. I presume I kind of rowed to the music which cause inconsistency in my form and speed.

This helps me endure a long row. A good show on TV with volume turned up. (I've got a concept 2 just because I got a deal on it.)

A good workout I've been doing in quarantine:

5K Row with 15 pushups every 400m. My time is usually right around 26 minutes.

If I remember right my C2 has right around 860K meters on my log card under my profile.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
With all this virus crap and the oppressive summer heat on the horizon, I just ordered one to rent for a couple of months. Plus I've lost 25lbs from dieting and it's time to work in exercise.

Overall it's not too bad to try out, $200 deposit then about $40-50 monthly fee; you get $100 of the deposit back (the rest pays for return shipping), so for 3 months I can try it out for $220-250 (depending on what model they send out).

I'll likely purchase it after that if it works out the way I want, but just didn't feel like outlaying the $1100+ for a new one all at once. I'm told they are going to ship me a brand new unit as they are all out of rentals currently (not surprising).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The timing of this updated thread is perfect because I have been looking for a rower to recoup my shoulder.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post