SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Eric Church blames NRA and Gun Lobby for Vegas Massacre?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eric Church blames NRA and Gun Lobby for Vegas Massacre? Login/Join 
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted
Hmm... Considers himself a "Second Amendment Guy"???

Eric Church blames NRA and Gun Lobby for Vegas Massacre

Eric Church, who was one of the headlining acts at the Route 91 Festival in Las Vegas, said the NRA is to blame for the mass shooting that occurred in October 2017.

A crazed gunman opened fire at the crowd of festivalgoers while Church's fellow country star Jason Aldean was performing, taking the lives of at least 59 people. It was the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

Church, who said he considers himself a "Second Amendment guy," blamed the NRA and gun lobbyists for being a "roadblock" to gun safety in a new interview.

"There are some things we can't stop," Church told Rolling Stone. "Like the disgruntled kid who takes his dad's shotgun and walks into a high school. But we could have stopped the guy in Vegas."

But he added, "I blame the lobbyists. And the biggest in the gun world is the NRA."

The "Desperate Man" singer said the NRA has "been a bit of a roadblock."

"I don't care who you are - you shouldn't have that kind of power over elected officials. To me it's cut-and-dried: The gun-show [loophole] would not exist if it weren't for the NRA, so at this point in time, if I was an NRA member, I would think I had more of a problem than the solution," Church argued. "I would question myself real hard about what I wanted to be in the next three, four, five years."

Church performed two nights before the shooting and despite not being present at the time of the deadly event, the experience did change his views on guns "a little."

Eric Church blames NRA and Gun Lobby for Vegas Massacre

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3927 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bjor13
posted Hide Post
so the guy in vegas bought his 27 rifles at a gun show? hmmmm

Posts: 1017 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Eric Church is invited to Kiss my ASS!
Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can't fix stupid.

Posts: 232 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well that's a dang shame. I thought he was more grounded than that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30415 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another idiot that doesn't realize the "Power" the NRA has over politicians is votes, not money.

Posts: 1041 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Eric Church will regret this like Jim Zumbo regretted his idiotic AR-15 article.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23297 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am glad you told me who he was.

And his basis for that opinion is worthless.

Let's blame grocery stores for people not eating right too.
That is something we could go on and on about.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Eric Church will regret this like Jim Zumbo regretted his idiotic AR-15 article.

I sure hope so.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
"Gun show loophole" is propaganda speak for "give us universal gun registration."

Gun (and gun owner) registration precedes gun confiscation.

When Eric Church says he blames the NRA, he means he blames you and me.

Eric Church wants to disarm you and me.

Simple.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15905 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
The only gun show loophole I know of is that if you join the NRA at the door you can get in free.

At least at the Nation's Gun Show opening this weekend in VA.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I think Eric Church is complicit in the massacre. If not for him as a headliner, perhaps their wouldn't have been a crowd and therefore no people would have died.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12736 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Hate that, I like his music. Why does he have to go and say something so ignorant and unfounded?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
Hate that, I like his music. Why does he have to go and say something so ignorant and unfounded?

He is using his talent and fame to disarm us.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15905 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Anyone who claims to be a "Second Amendment Guy", and talks about the "gun-show loophole" is either a colossal idiot gunowner or a lyin' leftist piece of shit.

But blaming the NRA is his tell; the asshole is a leftist POS.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16713 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
My bet is that he says he's a "gun guy" because it plays well with country music fans. He's no more a "gun guy" than your average D. But this is straight up hoof-n-mouth.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6219 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every one of these idiots bring up the "gun show loophole". I'll be willing to bet, if pressed, they would not be able to explain what they mean.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
Every one of these idiots bring up the "gun show loophole". I'll be willing to bet, if pressed, they would not be able to explain what they mean.

this.

just uninformed and spouting off the pop-culture / lib-speak talking points.

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Never heard of him so it won't bother me never hearing of him again!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Never heard of him so it won't bother me never hearing of him again!

this,

and,, he is apparently not to bright

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post