SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My heart is empty, Claire has crossed the Rainbow Bridge
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My heart is empty, Claire has crossed the Rainbow Bridge Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand your pain. Prayers for you.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
I have seen too many to the bridge, it does not get easier no matter how many times

The only thing that helps in my experience, is to just try to remember the many good times we are blessed with

Still sucks, I am sorry

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss. It's never easy.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7072 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
So very sorry, very few friends in this life like the love of a good pup

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
We are so sorry for your loss. I’ve been there.

It doesn’t get easier.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Prayers sent.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
So sorry for the loss of Claire. Just watched a clip on u-tube of Jimmie Stuart (veteran actor) as a guest on the tonight show/ Johnny Carson where he read a poem that he had wrote about Bo (??) his dog that had passed over the bridge. Very moving tribute. .................. drill sgt.

Posts: 2014 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's never easy....and true, they can be our best friends. Sorry for your loss.

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
I’m so sorry for your loss, always hold on to those 14 years.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences. They give us so much for so little, they enrich our lives beyond measure, they are gone to soon, and leave us many fond memories. RIP sweet Claire.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear. It never gets easier.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss Steve.

I haven't been on here much the last few years, but I remember us posting about our dogs - your Claire and my boy Otis. We lost Otis this past September and we were devastated. I cried everyday for over two weeks. I really though something was wrong with me. I've lost dogs before, and each time it was really hard. But Otis was different. He was that special dog - a once in a lifetime dog. I'm getting choked up thinking about him while writing this post.

I remember your posts about Claire, and I think she was that special dog for you too. No words can take the sting of loosing a pup away. Knowing she's not in anymore pain is the greatest gift you could have given her.

Hang in there Brother. When the time is right, maybe you'll give another pup a great home and life like you gave Claire.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Really sorry for your loss. Remember all of the good times as often as you can, be comforted by the fact you did right by her, and fill your heart back up when it's time with another four-legged soul that needs love. Prayers sent.

Posts: 4503 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your loss.

It's difficult for me to read/respond to these things because it brings back my own loss, now two years later, still fresh as when it happened.

Dogs are proof that God loves us.

Posts: 2833 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
My condolences.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
It never is any easier, is it.. I’m so sorry for your loss.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5328 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. I can attest that walking them to the Bridge never gets easier. You are in my thoughts. John.

Posts: 2877 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post