SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Police Training, timing your shot, Brazilian style.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Police Training, timing your shot, Brazilian style. Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Using oneself as a "no-shoot" target? It would certainly add an element of realism and pressure to the training. More agencies should do that.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Oh I see.... The guy 2nd from the left kept crossing the yellow line. What an idiot. Range safety officer should have stopped the drill right there.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37966 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Hey, he's wearing a vest. What's the issue?

Posts: 8624 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I saw that and it reminded me of this other 'training' video from South America...No thanks!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Brazilian James Yeager.

my first thought was that he'd been to Tn for some "advanced" training...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Reminded me of the Chinese soldier who had to hold the rifle targets.

Point is when your job is to stand in front of “friendly’s” and let them shoot at you, you really have to be reevaluating your life choices.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Never sleep with the chiefs wife, never sleep with the chiefs wife, never sleep......

Big Grin my first thought too. Who did this poor bastard piss off?

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
The Stupid is strong with them.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12113 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
I remember at a Grayguns class, Bruce's story of knowing what is in front of your target as well as beyond. It may have occurred in South America.

Bruce should chime in

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
UNBELIEVABLE! That idiot actually TAKES OFF his eye protection before starting the exercise. What an MORON!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am in awe.

What is the purpose or goal of that drill?

Posts: 81 | Location: SW PA USA | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

My guess would be an "innocent bystander" simulation (obviously you don't want to shoot them) or some other kind of "no-shoot" target.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am waiting for the next drill where they turn out the light and do a flashlight drill. Population control and gun training rolled into one. Impressive!

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
It's like they're children.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by curnarski:

Situation awareness: Don’t shoot the wrong person, plus be confident enough to shoot past a teammate. As I mentioned, various high tier agencies have long conducted training with similar goals. What’s different about this (based on what I know) is the erratic back and forth movement that makes the exercise far more dangerous.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by curnarski:

Situation awareness: Don’t shoot the wrong person, plus be confident enough to shoot past a teammate. As I mentioned, various high tier agencies have long conducted training with similar goals. What’s different about this (based on what I know) is the erratic back and forth movement that makes the exercise far more dangerous.

And then there is the “high tier” part.
The guy in the green t-shirt, doesn’t strike me as someone who has had much trigger time.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, ya want monkeys, ya pay peanuts.
What is the % of turnovers? Good thing that guy had a great stutter steps & moves.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
At 0:30 pony tail guy almost shoots him.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37966 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, that's the same guy who used to catch javelins at high school track meets...

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3926 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Fuckin' Delta.

Haha, was looking for this comment.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post