SIGforum
Police Training, timing your shot, Brazilian style.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9490040654

April 26, 2019, 05:10 AM
egregore
Police Training, timing your shot, Brazilian style.
Using oneself as a "no-shoot" target? It would certainly add an element of realism and pressure to the training. More agencies should do that.

April 26, 2019, 07:22 AM
Rightwire
Oh I see.... The guy 2nd from the left kept crossing the yellow line. What an idiot. Range safety officer should have stopped the drill right there.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.
April 26, 2019, 08:01 AM
TigerDore
Hey, he's wearing a vest. What's the issue?
April 26, 2019, 08:21 AM
BamaJeepster
I saw that and it reminded me of this other 'training' video from South America...No thanks!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams
April 26, 2019, 09:12 AM
mark_a
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Brazilian James Yeager.

my first thought was that he'd been to Tn for some "advanced" training...
April 26, 2019, 09:36 AM
cslinger
Reminded me of the Chinese soldier who had to hold the rifle targets.

Point is when your job is to stand in front of “friendly’s” and let them shoot at you, you really have to be reevaluating your life choices.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
April 26, 2019, 09:50 AM
Mr.9mm
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Never sleep with the chiefs wife, never sleep with the chiefs wife, never sleep......

Big Grin my first thought too. Who did this poor bastard piss off?
April 26, 2019, 01:31 PM
0-0
The Stupid is strong with them.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20
April 26, 2019, 03:19 PM
dlc444
I remember at a Grayguns class, Bruce's story of knowing what is in front of your target as well as beyond. It may have occurred in South America.

Bruce should chime in

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.
April 26, 2019, 03:51 PM
rusbro
UNBELIEVABLE! That idiot actually TAKES OFF his eye protection before starting the exercise. What an MORON!
April 26, 2019, 04:21 PM
curnarski
I am in awe.

What is the purpose or goal of that drill?
April 26, 2019, 05:35 PM
egregore
quote:

My guess would be an "innocent bystander" simulation (obviously you don't want to shoot them) or some other kind of "no-shoot" target.
April 26, 2019, 05:45 PM
ZSMICHAEL
I am waiting for the next drill where they turn out the light and do a flashlight drill. Population control and gun training rolled into one. Impressive!
April 26, 2019, 05:50 PM
Ryanp225
It's like they're children.
April 26, 2019, 06:06 PM
sigfreund
quote:
Originally posted by curnarski:

Situation awareness: Don’t shoot the wrong person, plus be confident enough to shoot past a teammate. As I mentioned, various high tier agencies have long conducted training with similar goals. What’s different about this (based on what I know) is the erratic back and forth movement that makes the exercise far more dangerous.

6.4/93.6
April 26, 2019, 06:15 PM
kimber1911
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by curnarski:

Situation awareness: Don’t shoot the wrong person, plus be confident enough to shoot past a teammate. As I mentioned, various high tier agencies have long conducted training with similar goals. What’s different about this (based on what I know) is the erratic back and forth movement that makes the exercise far more dangerous.

And then there is the “high tier” part.
The guy in the green t-shirt, doesn’t strike me as someone who has had much trigger time.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021
April 26, 2019, 06:15 PM
recoatlift
Well, ya want monkeys, ya pay peanuts.
What is the % of turnovers? Good thing that guy had a great stutter steps & moves.
April 27, 2019, 10:37 AM
Rightwire
At 0:30 pony tail guy almost shoots him.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.
April 27, 2019, 11:53 AM
Dzozer
Oh yeah, that's the same guy who used to catch javelins at high school track meets...

'Live long and prosper'
April 27, 2019, 11:57 AM
Balzé Halzé
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Fuckin' Delta.

Haha, was looking for this comment.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle