SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Nice highlight reel:

The standing O at the end must have killed them at CNN. Smile

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
CNN: This town hall is to show you exactly how horrible Donald Trump is as a candidate.

Donald Trump: Big Grin

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37958 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
CNN: This town hall is to show you exactly how horrible Donald Trump is as a candidate.

Donald Trump: Big Grin
The clips played by Laura Ingraham last night were choice! Trump was on his game.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I sometimes wonder if these people know who Donald Trump is.

He is a mega tycoon that presides over a massive business empire. He has been embroiled in the media for good and bad most of his life. He spent 4 years as President of the country. They approach him as if they could get him off is game as easy as a rookie congressman. They sorely underestimate him every time.

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37958 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Caitlan could have commanded more respect with a five o'clock shadow.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Caitlan could have commanded more respect with a five o'clock shadow.

Huh?

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The consensus is unanimous. Donald Trump got a boost, ol' Kaitlan came off looking like what she is (a partisan hack in over her widdle head), and everyone on the left has frowny face today.

Plus, you know what? I think Joe Scarborough is the only actual transgender in the world. If that jerk doesn't have a vagina, I'd be awfully surprised. Freakin' nutless wonder.

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Old Joe has a vagina. His wife is the one with a dick.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Of course, Ben Shapiro is a never-Trumper, who can only barely hedge his bet about 2024 by saying "Can Donald Trump win? Sure, it's possible."

Considering how biased he is against Donald Trump, that's a hearty endorsement.

In the video I posted, he says that everybody got what they wanted last night. Yeah, I don't think so. The left in general is thoroughly pissed off.

And it comes down to this- Donald Trump is almost certain to be the Repubican nominee, and the alternative is a truly horrible disaster of a doddering old man who said goodbye to reality about a decade ago. Of course Trump can beat him. He's the worst POTUS ever, and the people who hate Trump, already hate Trump. Those voters who are actually objective in their views will pull the lever for what they consider to be the lesser of two evils.

This idea that the left is promoting Donald Trump because they want to run against him- ridiculous. If they could get of of him, they'd do it in a heartbeat. On top of that, you saw how it worked out for them in 2016 when they were treating Trump like he's a joke, and against as horrible a candidate as Biden, the Dems may again end up with their worst nightmare.

No, what it comes down to is that the Dems know who the Republican nominee will be and that's that, so they behave as if things are going swimmingly. Horse shit. Wink

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, the trauma! Grief counselors are standing by, snowflakes. Someone thinks differently than you! Call in sick tomorrow. Get a glass of wine and your banky and curl up on the couch to binge-watch Oprah...

CNN's Anderson Cooper blasts 'disturbing' GOP audience at Trump town hall: 'They are your family members'

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This idea that the left is promoting Donald Trump because they want to run against him- ridiculous. If they could get of of him, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

I have heard this "theory" from RINOs and it is utterly stupid, just idiotic. "Yeah, we're just begging Trump to run by indicting him, trying him for a non rape, impeaching him, FBI raids, vilifying him and his family nonstop, etc..."

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This demonizing of anything that isn't uber left or woke is a serious issue.

History has shown that when one political party or side if an issue is able to sway public opinion that the opposition is evil, horrible, contemptible, lacking intelligence or compassion, perhaps even a lesser form of human, bad things happen. We are on a very bad path.

343 - Never Forget

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
More attempts to discredit the results of Trump in the debate by claiming the audience was instructed not to boo or be disrespectful, and that in fact they were not as happy with Trump as it appeared on TV.

Link

Republican at Trump Town Hall Says Many in Audience Were ‘Disgusted’ or ‘Bewildered’ By Ex-President

Many audience members at CNN’s town hall with former President Donald Trump on Wednesday were “disgusted” and “bewildered” by the spectacle, but were told to be respectful and not to boo, according to a report.

“The floor manager came out ahead of time and said, Please do not boo, please be respectful. You were allowed to applaud,” claimed Republican political consultant Matthew Bartlett in an interview with Puck News senior political correspondent Tara Palmeri on Thursday.

“And I think that set the tone where people were going to try their best to keep this between the navigational beacons, and that if they felt compelled to applaud, they would, but they weren’t going to have an outburst or they weren’t going to boo an answer,” he said.

Bartlett claimed that, while many in the audience applauded and cheered the former president, “there were also people that sat there quietly disgusted or bewildered.” He estimated that while around half of the audience expressed vocal support for Trump, the other half sat in silence. Bartlett also alleged that Trump repeatedly “lost the audience” when he spoke about topics like January 6 or the results of the 2020 election, despite the appearance on CNN that the audience was consistently on his side.

In a TV setting, you hear the applause, but you don’t see the disgust,” Bartlett told Palmeri. “So Trump did not have the entire room on his side, make no mistake, even if it certainly came across that way on TV.”

Bartlett also criticized CNN host Kaitlan Collins for repeatedly sparring with Trump and claimed it resulted in less questions being fielded from the audience — some of whom were “really disgusted” with the former president’s behavior and “were ready to confront him about that” had they been given the opportunity.

CNN received heavy backlash from liberals over the town hall, including from hosts at rival cable news network MSNBC.

MSNBC host Joy Reid called the event “blatant fascism meets The Jerry Springer Show” and suggested that CNN was attempting to become a “friendly place for MAGA,” while MSNBC host Mehdi Hasan said Collins’ performance “just wasn’t good enough.”

CNN senior media reporter Oliver Darcy reported on Wednesday that CNN was “facing a fury of criticism” from within the network over its decision to host the town hall.

The post Republican at Trump Town Hall Says Many in Audience Were ‘Disgusted’ or ‘Bewildered’ By Ex-President first appeared on Mediaite.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
MSNBC host Joy Reid called the event “blatant fascism meets The Jerry Springer Show”
What a surprise!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30673 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7257 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
This opinion piece accurately describes the townhall event.

quote:
Few of his supporters were surprised to learn that Trump was going to do a sit-down in New Hampshire for CNN. The man does not shy away from potential political disasters; he thrives on them, runs straight at them, unafraid.

Why? Because he always comes out of these things having won bigly. Not only is he quick thinking and knowledgeable when it comes to the facts on all the relevant issues, he is gloriously entertaining, verbally and visually. His facial expressions and gestures say as much he does with words.

The CNN sit-down Wednesday night was no exception. Host Kaitlan Colllins clearly thought she would have the upper hand. Coming from the bubble of leftist propaganda that is CNN’s principal reason for being, of course she believed she would be the hero of the event. But she got her comeuppance within the first few minutes. She acted the fool and Trump does not suffer fools, he eviscerates them with a smile on his face.

He certainly got the better of Kaitlan Collins despite her rude, smug arrogance. She set a new record for dismissive interviews. She forgot that Trump has had years and years of experience with boorish and ignorant pretend journalists who hate, loathe and despise him. She clearly has no experience with an outlier with so many IQ points on her.

With each question she aimed to embarrass him, to humiliate him. But she had no actual facts, not when it came to protecting schools, the Second Amendment, the documents stored at Mar-A-Lago, the event of January 6, 2021, the border wall, school shootings (she exaggerated wildly), etc.

She had what she thought were facts but were just Democrat talking points. For example, Trump noted that the man who shot and killed Ashli Babbitt, Michael Byrd, bragged about having done it, which he did. He said that killing her saved lives! Collins tried to deny that fact.

She accused Trump of not keeping his promise to build the wall! He did, despite the Democrats’ fevered attempts to stop it. It stopped the day Biden took office, as did the new pipelines and drilling that had provided energy independence for us.

In short, Collins was overconfident, prepared to crush the man, but he crushed her with some delightful facial mockery and without lifting his little finger. Collins is the new Candy Crowley of CNN. It was a very entertaining interview.

Every time Trump mentioned the 2020 election, she interrupted to say words to the effect of, “There was no fraud Mr. President.” There was, of course, but she, like the rest of the left, has avoided looking at the volumes of evidence from the beginning. It’s a safe bet that Collins has never read the Navarro Report or any of the other countless reports that prove fraud, the same forms of fraud that affected the 2022 elections. Katie Hobbs, for example, did not win the governorship of Arizona. At one point, Trump looked at her and told her she is a “very nasty person.” She was indeed. There was tremendous satisfaction in watching him vanquish her while she still thought she had the upper hand. Ah, the hubris of youth. So robbed of critical thinking skills, without any wisdom that comes with age, blinded by their own self-importance, they don’t see their defeat until it buries them. Kaitlan Collins got buried tonight.

Needless to say, the audience loved Trump. He took some very good questions from the audience, each of them more thoughtful than any Collins asked.

It is said that people who think they have all the answers do not ask interesting questions. That was Collins. Each of her questions was framed as either an insult or an attack. Trump gave good and thoughtful answers to the questions from the audience, none of which Collins appeared happy with; she hated every answer he provided. As the interview progressed, she withered under his knowledge and competence.

Given Trump’s age, she perhaps expected a man with Biden’s impaired abilities and assumed she could and would mortify Trump with her meant-to-embarrass questions and mis-statements of fact. She failed. He embarrassed her. He got a standing ovation at the end, which he certainly deserved.

It was clear from the outset that Collins was outmatched. Even AOC saw that it was trainwreck. She tweeted early in the hour:

They have lost total control of this “town hall” to again be manipulated into platforming election disinformation, defenses of Jan 6th, and a public attack on a sexual abuse victim. The audience is cheering him on and laughing at the host. For once, she was absolutely correct. Trump’s poll numbers will very likely rise again.

https://www.americanthinker.co...hall_with_trump.html

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
^^^ What got me at the event was she always rephrased every answer to a negative Democratic talking point.
Maybe just let the audience conclude their own opinion?
Eek

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Maybe just let the audience conclude their own opinion?
Eek
Have people thinking for themselves? Eek indeed.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, my. Someboy told a leftist hack to stop pissing his pants and criticzing his network. Big Grin

Reporter 'visibly shaken' after CNN boss scolds him for being 'too emotional' in Trump town hall coverage

He wanted to be tough and stand his ground, but he got his ass handed to him. Big Grin
quote:
The source said Licht received a "ton" of messages from CNN staffers appalled by Darcy's newsletter, which emphasizes how CNN and Licht were facing tense backlash "internally" as well as externally.

The messages, according to the source, were like "what the f---."

"I'm asking you to not be emotional," the source paraphrased what Licht told Darcy at the meeting, adding that he wanted nonemotional coverage applied to all news outlets, not just CNN.

Puck News first reported that after Licht stood by the Trump town hall on CNN's Thursday morning editorial call, he brought Darcy and his editor Jon Passantino in for a meeting later in the day. Darcy was then told by CNN's top brass "his coverage had been too emotional and [Licht] repeatedly stressed the importance of remaining dispassionate when covering the news, be it CNN or any other media organization."

"Darcy stood by his work and pushed back on the ‘emotional’ characterization, one source with knowledge of the meeting said. But afterward two sources who heard about the meeting described him as visibly shaken. ‘They put the fear of God into him,’ one source said," Puck News' Dylan Byers reported Friday.
Here's (I guess) the newletter in question: https://view.newsletters.cnn.c...796845222acf50e3996d

The juicy part:
quote:
While Collins is largely receiving praise for her relentless fact-checking of the former president, she was facing an impossible task. CNN and new network boss Chris Licht are facing a fury of criticism — both internally and externally over the event.

How Licht and other CNN executives address the criticism in the coming days and weeks will be crucial. Will they defend what transpired at Saint Anselm College? Or will they express some regret?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post