SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
You deliberately trying to be antagonistic or is this your natural state?

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thomas Paine, 1776:

“THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated”

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
This is going to end in violence any way it turns out.

I believe the President will win, but either way there will be violence.

If you have not prepared for this, time to do so. Get your affairs in order. Have the discussion with your family. Gather your gear.

Everything I would need to last the 30 minutes my old ass would survive is ready, by the front door.

I don't write this as a keyboard warrior, full of big words and ego. I write it with reflection of what those men who were readying to march off to war in 1775 were doing.

Be responsible, prepare now. Be a good American and be ready to heed the call.

Again, what the fuck are you waiting for, someone to tell you who the enemy is? Maybe that dumbfuck from Park City can swing by and pick you up. Couple of keyboard comedians, I mean commandos.

He is just an Oregon DemonRAT

Posts: 1926 | Location: Midwest | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Quit bickering yall. Ignore the trolls and move on. Giving them a second of your time or repeating what they say is counter productive. Focus on the positive.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The best we can hope is they all do the right thing. Which these days that's a hard thing to come by.

Nobody in that fetid swamp of Washington is willing to do the right thing! Every damn one(with only a handful of exceptions) of them is crooked as hell and only interested in making themselves rich of off the public they are supposed to serve.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Well gee, Marsha, was it too much trouble to ASK, then run a security test on the machines?

I guess maybe you don't know much about how software works, is developed, coded, tested (hopefully), released, and installed?

Not saying this happened. I've no way of knowing. But it would be trivial to insert into otherwise legitimate software, code that could materially affect the outcome of an election. The people that install the new code can tell you whatever they want wrt what are the differences between old and new. And testing? Guess who designs, and often runs, the testing and validation procedures?

For a recent example: Just look at how close VW came to almost getting away with spoofing EPA testing regimens. And that didn't involve a clueless electorate and marginally-educated poll workers.

The truth of the matter is that our democracy has always depended upon there being a preponderance of integrity. A preponderance of people primarily concerned about preserving the republic and the public's faith in the system. An educated and informed electorate. These things more anything else.

The evidence suggests those conditions no longer obtains.

No, I not really skilled that well, although I've used Computers at work and home for over 30 years.

However, thru experience, I have learned not do a Computer upgrade the day before the machines will be heavily used.

To me, it's like doing a modification on a motorcycle the day before you leave on a long trip.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
This is going to end in violence any way it turns out.

I believe the President will win, but either way there will be violence.

If you have not prepared for this, time to do so. Get your affairs in order. Have the discussion with your family. Gather your gear.

Everything I would need to last the 30 minutes my old ass would survive is ready, by the front door.

I don't write this as a keyboard warrior, full of big words and ego. I write it with reflection of what those men who were readying to march off to war in 1775 were doing.

Be responsible, prepare now. Be a good American and be ready to heed the call.

Again, what the fuck are you waiting for, someone to tell you who the enemy is? Maybe that dumbfuck from Park City can swing by and pick you up. Couple of keyboard comedians, I mean commandos.

What is your issue, if you play this out to the end...unless Trump concedes there will be violence.

Now I certainly don't believe it's wise to advertise on a public forum specifics but saying " I am ready to stand up and be counted" is not just chest thumping. Many here on SF have experienced the horrors of war and while they certainly do not welcome it (only the truly perverse or stupid would/do) they also recognize that they may be called on again.

Bravado from those that have "been there...got the scars" serves a purpose. I would not discount it as "big talk".

I do not wish to presume what is in others heads but I have been asking myself for several weeks " when would I stand up" it's not an easy question for those not wearing the uniform anymore complicated by the issue of this being our country not some third world shithole but the place where our families sleep....where our professional lives exist....

Men have been asking themselves these question for millennia.....

I have experienced a color revolution first hand, there is no question n my mind we are seeing one here in the US.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The Don is pissed. And damn it so am I.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fight for the truth, Mr. President. I remember the meme well posted here (some place, not long ago): It's not me they're after, it's you. I'm only standing in the way.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
So, to satisfy my curiosity, did the media "call" ALL of the states that stopped their counts, and continued to stop and go the last 4 days?

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Release it all. Every page. Unredacted. Go scorched earth.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Trump is Rocky. Like all Rocky movies Rocky takes a beating for four rounds or so and then the hammer punches come. Monday those hammer punches begin. Ding....Ding!!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Well gee, Marsha, was it too much trouble to ASK, then run a security test on the machines?

I guess maybe you don't know much about how software works, is developed, coded, tested (hopefully), released, and installed?

Not saying this happened. I've no way of knowing. But it would be trivial to insert into otherwise legitimate software, code that could materially affect the outcome of an election. The people that install the new code can tell you whatever they want wrt what are the differences between old and new. And testing? Guess who designs, and often runs, the testing and validation procedures?

For a recent example: Just look at how close VW came to almost getting away with spoofing EPA testing regimens. And that didn't involve a clueless electorate and marginally-educated poll workers.

The truth of the matter is that our democracy has always depended upon there being a preponderance of integrity. A preponderance of people primarily concerned about preserving the republic and the public's faith in the system. An educated and informed electorate. These things more anything else.

The evidence suggests those conditions no longer obtains.

No, I not really skilled that well, although I've used Computers at work and home for over 30 years.

However, thru experience, I have learned not do a Computer upgrade the day before the machines will be heavily used.

To me, it's like doing a modification on a motorcycle the day before you leave on a long trip.

Yep. When I was doing desert riding in the 80s we damn sure didn't do a major rebuild or mod before a trip. We made sure we could test it first. We didn't have a lot of extra cash to ruin an entire trip.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
The media will keep mocking him, but they are Tokyo Rose at this point.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Well, if Facebook, Twitter, et al keep censoring it, that's good enough for me.

https://parler.com/post/ab54f9...46c29f53fd75f83c14c5

Good grief, this triggers my inner paranoid self. This predicted exactly what happened.

I need a stiff drink after viewing that. It would explain the rabid responses from a number of key players the past four years.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

True: Normally one would not. There may have been a real, legitimate issue they felt had to be addressed. They may have bungled the fix. Or not fixed what they intended to fix. Or something nefarious might've been going on. One hopes we'll get an answer. And that it will be a true answer.

I, for one, will not hold my breath. I don't know if there was election fraud--either related to the instant question or any of the other issues that have been raised. If there was: I don't know if any of it rose to a level sufficient to materially effect any outcomes. I suspect there was and I suspect it did. I also expect the perpetrators have so-muddied the waters these questions cannot definitively be answered.

This is why I have lost faith in the election process.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I just told the Wall Street Journal "Fuck you. Biden is not elected." Cancelled.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
It ain't over.

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Im sending money now, no more words- action! Lets makes sure Schumer doesnt steal seats from Georgia and help with the Run Off.

https://secure.winred.com/geor...q1s73zJRnQKUfVtw6zL0

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3447 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
The real conservative victory...

This was the year redistricting will happen. We gained more seats in the house which means we can re-draw the lines for districts which will be effective for the next 10 years, essentially setting up a bloodbath for dems in 2022.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post