SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
We need a national movement to ensure honest voting.

I am not sure exactly how that should proceed.

Under better conditions, perhaps the FBI should address it. but now ?

The vote counting has to be transparent and every vote verified.

I used to think an honest press was the most important thing we needed, but now vote verification comes to the top of the list.

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
PrinceAliFabulousHe:
OK, so some leftist Dem. is pausing for a little self-reflection... but I'm wondering why you inserted this tripe into this thread on Sigforum?

quote:
For four years Donald Trump has proven himself a corrupt, mendacious ignoramus utterly unfit for the position he holds.

Roll Eyes

Seriously, 'Prince Ali Fabulous'? Roll Eyes Why are you posting that drivel here....Are you sure you're one of us? Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Looking for a link.

A few days back a vid was posted, a compilation of Trump rallies, caravans and such.

It opens with the shadow of Air Force One (?) passing over a golf course at low level.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Here you Go... Wink
quote:

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Someone asked what Bill Barr and the DOJ is doing. This is all the news from the DOJ's front page web site.

quote:
JUSTICE NEWS
United States Seizes 27 Additional Domain Names Used by Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps to Further a Global, Covert Influence Campaign
Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Justice Department Announces Two Million Dollar Settlement of Race Discrimination Lawsuit Against Baltimore County, Maryland

U.S. Seizes Virtual Currencies Valued at $24 Million Assisting Brazil in Major Internet Fraud Investigation

Justice Department Honors Law Enforcement Officers and Deputies in Fourth Annual Attorney General’s Award for Distinguished Service in Policing
Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Two Virginia Men Convicted for Their Roles in Investment Fraud Scheme

Illinois-Based Charter School Management Company To Pay $4.5 Million To Settle Claims Relating To E-Rate Contracts

Florida Resident Pleads Guilty to Conspiracy to Falsify Clinical Trial Data
Monday, November 2, 2020

Louisiana Man Sentenced for Arson of Three African-American Churches
Monday, November 2, 2020

New Jersey Man Sentenced to Prison for Tax Fraud Conspiracy
Monday, November 2, 2020

It's telling that Trump has not once that I know of has mentioned Bill Barr or the DOJ in all this rampant voter fraud and this should be the DOJ's primary battleground. Trump is fighting all this with his personal attorneys. Apparently Trump has lost all confidence in Barr and the DOJ.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
It wasn't just that they dumped in hundreds of thousands of Biden ballots in the middle of the night in Michigan. They've been mailing in Biden ballots for dead people for weeks.

https://twitter.com/fleccas/st.../1324216584219623424

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
PrinceAliFabulousHe:
OK, so some leftist Dem. is pausing for a little self-reflection... but I'm wondering why you inserted this tripe into this thread on Sigforum?

quote:
For four years Donald Trump has proven himself a corrupt, mendacious ignoramus utterly unfit for the position he holds.

Roll Eyes

Sounds like one of those trolls over on the Fox news site.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
We need a national movement to ensure honest voting.

I am not sure exactly how that should proceed.

Under better conditions, perhaps the FBI should address it. but now ?

The vote counting has to be transparent and every vote verified.

I used to think an honest press was the most important thing we needed, but now vote verification comes to the top of the list.

Couldn't agree more. Problem now is states have too much control of Federal national elections. This needs to change. Absentee and especially mail in ballots need to be severely curtailed and monitored. Every person in the U.S. should have a secure and a fairly monitored polling place to go to. Right now to many rural areas are unorganized and are automatically receiving mail in ballots. Mail in ballots must remain the rare exception and not the norm. This pandemic was tailored made for mail in voter fraud. The proof is the Dems started to push for mail in voting back in March and April.

Here in Minnesota they were pushing for 100% mail in voting early on even before the lock down orders. Get rid of most of the absentee and mail in votes and have properly monitored polling places and most of the problem is solved.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Anyone have insight into GA? Dems keep posting on Twitter that heavy Biden areas are about to flip it. That is another state where bull is going on.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428: It’s a bad thing to do because it makes millions of Americans question or just outright lose faith in the electoral process. That’s a dangerous path to go down.

In my Bill Whittle video I posted earlier, his opinion that no matter who wins, the other half will not accept the election process as a trustworthy component of our country.

In another forum, I saw a twitter video of people in Honduras just laughing about our election process because it is just like their's, a 3rd world shithole.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump campaign expands lawsuits in strategy rooted in Constitution's voting law authority

https://justthenews.com/politi..._campaign=newsletter

As the Trump campaign expands its lawsuits — including new filings Wednesday in Georgia and Pennsylvania — legal scholars say they are likely rooted in the Constitution's voting law authority, which limits the power of non-legislative actors trying to assert their power over balloting.

Trump has assembled a high-powered legal team to combat what it says is executive and judicial overreach in key battleground states led by Democratic governors. The Elections Clause of the Constitution (Article I, Section 4) gives state legislatures the authority to set the time, place and manner of federal elections, i.e., the rules governing the election process, including absentee ballots. Republicans say this legislative power has been eroded by both executive and judicial mission creep.

In Wisconsin, for example, the Governor, Tony Evers is a Democrat, but both chambers of the legislature are held by Republicans. The Trump campaign has filed for a recount in the Badger State amid a razor-thin lead held by rival Joe Biden. The Supreme Court late last month rejected Democrats' request to extend the deadline for counting mail-in ballots in Wisconsin beyond Election Day because of coronavirus concerns.

The GOP and the Trump campaign also announced Wednesday they are suing Pennsylvania, claiming the extension of a voter ID deadline is in violation of state law. The Keystone State has a Democratic governor, Tom Wolf, and a state supreme court with a majority of partisan, elected justices — five of its seven judges were Democrats upon their first election. The court recently ruled against Republicans and allowed Pennsylvania to accept ballots received up until 3 days after Election Day.

The U.S. Supreme Court declined to hear a challenge to that ruling, letting it stand for now with a 4-4 ruling, prior to Justice Amy Coney Barrett's seating. Republicans brought the case up to the high court a second time after Barrett's seating and were again denied a hearing on the case prior to Election Day (Barrett did not vote on that ruling, saying she hadn't had time to review the case). Republicans say a third try might see a different outcome, if the court agrees to hear the case in an emergency situation like the current electoral uncertainty.

Conservative activists filed a lawsuit on Election Day against the Pennsylvania state secretary alleging that a last-minute rule change to the state's ballot-counting process is privileging some voters over others and potentially slanting the outcome of the election.

On Wednesday, Trump's team also filed a lawsuit in Georgia, where a GOP poll observer saw 53 late absentee ballots "illegally added to a stack of on-time absentee ballots in Chatham County," said Deputy Campaign Manager and Senior Counsel Justin Clark. "We will not allow Democrat election officials to steal this election."

Hans von Spakovsky, a former member of the Federal Election Commission and a legal scholar at the Heritage Foundation, told Just the News that in the Trump campaign's cases in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan, the courts should ensure that poll watchers are given the ability to completely observe the counting process as required under state law and should order election officials to not only allow complete access to designated poll watchers, but also to enforce full compliance with state laws governing absentee ballots.

"I believe the Trump campaign has a strong constitutional argument," Von Spakovsky said. "That includes any requirements for signature comparison, witness signatures, etc. Election officials should not be allowed to waive those rules and count such defective ballots."

Von Spakovsky said that under the U.S. Constitution's Elections Clause, if state legislatures want to extend the deadline for the receipt of absentee ballots beyond Election Day, they can do so.

"But neither state courts — like in Pennsylvania — nor other state officials/agencies — like the state board of elections in North Carolina — have the legal authority to simply override a state statute and extend the deadline for the receipt of absentee ballots," von Spakovsky said. "So the Trump campaign can argue that any ballots received after the deadline imposed by the legislature in state law are illegal and should not be counted."

Von Spakovsky said that Republicans have generally been more successful than Democrats at challenging election balloting and counting procedures, including in Alabama, Texas, South Carolina, Minnesota and other states.

"But so far they have not succeeded in crucial states like Pennsylvania and North Carolina," he said.

Von Spakovsky noted that Chief Justice Roberts issued a statement saying that he defers to state court rulings on these matters while ruling against federal courts. Roberts gave that explanation in the Wisconsin case on Oct. 26. The 7th Circuit Court of Appeals had thrown out a decision by a federal district court in Wisconsin that extended the deadline for the receipt of absentee ballots from Nov. 3 to Nov. 9. Roberts wrote a concurrence saying this case was different from Pennsylvania because in Wisconsin, a federal court was intruding into the state lawmaking process whereas in Pennsylvania, it was the state court applying its own state constitution to change the absentee ballot deadline.

"I think this was mistaken analysis by the chief justice because the U.S. Constitution delegates authority to state legislatures, not state courts," Von Spakovsky said.

Republicans say they are hopeful the U.S. Supreme Court — especially with the newly-sworn Justice Barrett to possibly tip the balance — will ultimately restore constitutional order under a strict textualist reading that prohibits last-minute judicial usurpation of the prerogatives of state legislatures to make election rules.

Tom Spencer, a Republican attorney who is vice president of the Lawyers Democracy Fund and was a recount lawyer for George W. Bush in the 2000 election, told the "Just the News AM" television show he hopes that the Supreme Court will put a stop to judicial and executive mission creep.

"The Supreme Court has said that 'legislature' doesn't mean just the sitting body legislative," Spencer explained. "But it also means voter initiatives and other things. So now, of course, the states have expanded that to mean judicial decisions and interpreting the state rulings. So it's a huge problem, and I think that somebody who is a strict constructionist, a textualist, needs to get a hold of that issue, and bring it back to what the founders intended in the Constitution."

Ilya Shapiro, director of the Robert A. Levy Center for Constitutional Studies at the Cato Institute, told Just the News that the battle could very well end up before the Supreme Court and newly-seated Justice Barrett could provide a pivotal vote, given that a recent Supreme Court ruling on the Pennsylvania case was a 4-4 split.

"The issues that are arising now [are] that state courts are changing certain provisions," Shapiro said. "That doesn't mean that's necessarily the end of the game, because now we're saying that, obviously, there could be litigation in different states. And if it's a state whose electoral votes matter for the ultimate resolution of the election, then ultimately, that could get to the Supreme Court."

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Not Michigan's shit, please. With a Democrat Governor Dictator, Democrat AG, and Democrat SOS, our shit is already fucked up enough, thank you very much Wink

Oh, not the citizens or anything. I meant the whole criminal operation disguised as state leaders, including poll workers, postal workers, etc, involved in the conspiracy. Wink

Here is an updated video from James O'Keefe, some good news.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Anyone have insight into GA? Dems keep posting on Twitter that heavy Biden areas are about to flip it. That is another state where bull is going on.

This was posted 40 minutes ago in the NYT election results page in the update sidebar:

"Gabriel Sterling, Georgia’s statewide voting system implementation manager, said that 61,367 outstanding mail-in absentee ballots remained uncounted. The state aims to finish its count by noon."

Trump is currently ahead by about 18,000 votes.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like everyone here....I am totally disgusted with how blatantly the leftist are getting away with blatant fraud and cheating and no one in positions to do something will stand up and do it. I am now convinced more than ever...our entire government and almost everyone in it is corrupt from bottom to top. Fuck'em all!

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Elections 2020 UPDATE: What's Next? Viva & Barnes

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
our entire government and almost everyone in it is corrupt from bottom to top.

What is the solution? If the government won't do anything, and will stop those that attempt to take matters into their own hands, what other options are there? Voting doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
Like everyone here....I am totally disgusted with how blatantly the leftist are getting away with blatant fraud and cheating and no one in positions to do something will stand up and do it. I am now convinced more than ever...our entire government and almost everyone in it is corrupt from bottom to top. Fuck'em all!

I’m not sure they are getting away with it. They may. They may not. PDJT doesn’t seem to be ready to throw in any towels, so I don’t see any reason why the rest of us should either.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
DEM Peters 2,683,325

REP James 2,623,738

With how many phony ballots?

James may be, likely is, the actual winner.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Oh looky: Last night when I went to bed, Trump was up in Michigan by 130,000 votes, according to this site: https://mielections.us/electio...ts/2020GEN_CENR.html

Now, this morning, with only one additional county counted, as if by magic: Biden is ahead by about the same amount.

Exactly the thing we saw the night of the election, when we went to bed with Trump having a solid lead and woke up to Biden having essentially the same lead.

Same thing happened with John Jaems' race and the House race in my district.

A suspicious mind might be inclined to wonder why this only seems to happen in the dead of night.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post