SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to say that I have long been a fan of Goya products. In my pantry right now I have probably a dozen cans of their pinto beans, black beans and red beans, along with a bottle of their mojo criollo marinade. Goya products have been excellent consistently for all the years I've used them. Next time you're buying products like this, please consider supporting Goya.

Goya Foods CEO won't apologize in face of boycott, backlash for pro-Trump remarks: 'Suppression of speech'

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Goya Foods’ CEO said U.S. ‘blessed’ to have Trump as a leader, and calls for boycott quickly followed ...

So Democrats want to put 4000 mostly Hispanic workers out of a job?

https://ibb.co/FD0T9XS

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Well, time to buy more Goya.

Already use their sauces and dried beans/lentils, but now I'll spring for their canned beans vs. the cheaper store brand.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Yessir -

Goya Foods makes some tasty products. Now, I will be buying A LOT MORE of them.

These are their products >>> https://www.goya.com/en/

Now, all I need is a mariachi band. Big Grin

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I buy Goya products by the case from a food service provider. Beans marinade etc. last me all season. Do this about once a year. Always been very satisfied with their product.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Time to load up on Goya black beans again. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be picking up some Goya products this weekend.

I did the Online Survey from their website and at the end they asked why I visited their website- You support President Trump= I support you and will buy more of your products.

It's nice- I can't usually boycott because I don't usually buy the companies products But I do eat and they have some good stuff.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In addition to buying their products, why not send the company an email or letter congratulating him for the stand he is taking, and encouraging him to continue to stand up to these leftists bullies. That is what I did. It's way past time we start pushing back and supporting guys/companies like him.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazon carries a lot of their product and 99% of it is sold out. I'm guessing a boycott isn't working right now.

Posts: 2128 | Location: Tacoma, Wa. | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldfireguy:
Amazon carries a lot of their product and 99% of it is sold out. I'm guessing a boycott isn't working right now.

Smile Big Grin Cool

FYI for Arizona folks, Fry's food stores has a nice selection of Goya products. I will look around and report other stores that carry the brand.

"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
I went to the "Contact Us" link at the Goya Foods site and left this note:
------------------

I read the following story today on FOX NEWS:

"Goya Foods President and CEO Bob Unanue said on Friday that he is not backing down in the face of a boycott over his visit to the White House."

I will be consuming a lot of Goya products in the future. My accolades to Mr. Unanue for standing up to the left-wing cancel culture.

I have a definite feeling that their boycott ploy will not work.

I have many friends who are now informed of the issue, and I expect a HUGE sales increase for Goya.

I understand that in Arizona your main distributors are Fry's Foods, Safeway, Bashas, and Sprouts. If I have missed any major distributors, please advise me of the others.

Thank you,

Vaya Con Dios.

----------------------

Link to their "Contact Us" page >>

>> https://www.goya.com/en/contact-us

Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I'm glad to say that I have long been a fan of Goya products. In my pantry right now I have probably a dozen cans of their pinto beans, black beans and red beans, along with a bottle of their mojo criollo marinade. Goya products have been excellent consistently for all the years I've used them. Next time you're buying products like this, please consider supporting Goya.

Goya Foods CEO won't apologize in face of boycott, backlash for pro-Trump remarks: 'Suppression of speech'

Goya Mojo criollo chicken on the docket for next week in addition to their excellent yellow rice. Glad the CEO is willing to tell the cancel culture police to bugger off.

Posts: 3150 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately in northern AZ, Fry's (aka Kroger) only carries two of the GOYA products. But I sent the company a complimentary message for his stand.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: az4783054,

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
You guys seeing reports that Roger Stone’s sentence was commuted?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
I'll be picking up some Goya products this weekend.

I did the Online Survey from their website and at the end they asked why I visited their website- You support President Trump= I support you and will buy more of your products.

It's nice- I can't usually boycott because I don't usually buy the companies products But I do eat and they have some good stuff.

Same. I am close enough to Mexico where I buy a lot of regional food products, but I'll buy Goya preferentially, going forward.

Posts: 5756 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Hahahaha it finally got picked up by some media outlets so I guess it’s true!

Trump commutes Roger Stone’s sentence.

From the article:

The White House later confirmed the commuting of the sentence in a statement, saying Stone was a victim of the Russia “hoax.” Cool

Link to article

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
yes. WH statement:

https://publicpool.kinja.com/s...garding-e-1844343844

Subject: Statement from the Press Secretary Regarding Executive Grant of Clemency for Roger Stone, Jr.

The White House
Office of the Press Secretary
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 10, 2020
Statement from the Press Secretary Regarding Executive Grant of Clemency for Roger Stone, Jr.

Today, President Donald J. Trump signed an Executive Grant of Clemency commuting the unjust sentence of Roger Stone, Jr.

Roger Stone is a victim of the Russia Hoax that the Left and its allies in the media perpetuated for years in an attempt to undermine the Trump Presidency . There was never any collusion between the Trump Campaign, or the Trump Administration, with Russia. Such collusion was never anything other than a fantasy of partisans unable to accept the result of the 2016 election. The collusion delusion spawned endless and farcical investigations, conducted at great taxpayer expense, looking for evidence that did not exist. As it became clear that these witch hunts would never bear fruit, the Special Counsel’s Office resorted to process-based charges leveled at high-profile people in an attempt to manufacture the false impression of criminality lurking below the surface. These charges were the product of recklessness borne of frustration and malice.

This is why the out-of-control Mueller prosecutors, desperate for splashy headlines to compensate for a failed investigation, set their sights on Mr. Stone. Roger Stone is well known for his nearly 50 years of work as a consultant for high-profile Republican politicians, including President Ronald Reagan, Senator Bob Dole, and many others. He is also well known for his outspoken support for President Donald J. Trump and opposition to Hillary Clinton.

Mr. Stone was charged by the same prosecutors from the Mueller Investigation tasked with finding evidence of collusion with Russia. Because no such evidence exists, however, they could not charge him for any collusion-related crime. Instead, they charged him for his conduct during their investigation. The simple fact is that if the Special Counsel had not been pursuing an absolutely baseless investigation, Mr. Stone would not be facing time in prison.

In addition to charging Mr. Stone with alleged crimes arising solely from their own improper investigation, the Mueller prosecutors also took pains to make a public and shameful spectacle of his arrest. Mr. Stone is a 67-year-old man, with numerous medical conditions, who had never been convicted of another crime. But rather than allow him to surrender himself, they used dozens of FBI agents with automatic weapons and tactical equipment, armored vehicles, and an amphibious unit to execute a pre-dawn raid of his home, where he was with his wife of many years. Notably, CNN cameras were present to broadcast these events live to the world, even though they swore they were not notified—it was just a coincidence that they were there together with the FBI early in the morning.

Not only was Mr. Stone charged by overzealous prosecutors pursing a case that never should have existed, and arrested in an operation that never should have been approved, but there were also serious questions about the jury in the case. The forewoman of his jury, for example, concealed the fact that she is a member of the so-called liberal “resistance” to the Trump Presidency. In now-deleted tweets, this activist-juror vividly and openly attacked President Trump and his supporters.

Mr. Stone would be put at serious medical risk in prison. He has appealed his conviction and is seeking a new trial. He maintains his innocence and has stated that he expects to be fully exonerated by the justice system. Mr. Stone, like every American, deserves a fair trial and every opportunity to vindicate himself before the courts. The President does not wish to interfere with his efforts to do so. At this time, however, and particularly in light of the egregious facts and circumstances surrounding his unfair prosecution, arrest, and trial, the President has determined to commute his sentence. Roger Stone has already suffered greatly. He was treated very unfairly, as were many others in this case. Roger Stone is now a free man!

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
I expect a HUGE sales increase for Goya.
Shouldn't that be "a YUUUGE increase?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
I expect a HUGE sales increase for Goya.
Shouldn't that be "a YUUUGE increase?"

I’m going to buy a YUUUGE amount of Goya this weekend. Can’t say I ever paid any attention to the brand, but that’s going to change.

I guess they‘ve got canned balls.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post