SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The amount of voter fraud in this upcoming Nov election is going to be legion. This mail in ballot crap is insane. No other country does this. My French wife, who is no right winger, is absolutely befuddled by the whole notion. She just can't comprehend it. We really have our heads up our asses if we allow this to become normal.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Balze, I’ve been telling my friends and family that the voter fraud in this November’s election is going to be epic, off the charts. I told my wife this morning on the way to Sams that it will be right in our face also and they don’t care. They don’t even try to hide it.

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
The amount of voter fraud in this upcoming Nov election is going to be legion. This mail in ballot crap is insane. No other country does this. My French wife, who is no right winger, is absolutely befuddled by the whole notion. She just can't comprehend it. We really have our heads up our asses if we allow this to become normal.

India manages to require voter ID without any problems. They also manage to vote in person. It's a very poor country with a very large population. The Democrats have done an excellent job of convincing their masses that anything that reduces voter fraud is bad.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
If the donkey’s voter fraud themselves into the white house what recourse does sane, law-abiding, rational America have? The left expects that we will roll over and take it. They are very confident in this assumption, which is why they are so brazen.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
but here in CO and individual can harvest up to 10 ballots.

How?

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
quote:
but here in CO and individual can harvest up to 10 ballots.

How?

On the instructions to Vote, in the Mailing Information section, it states: 'It is a violation of law to receive more than 10 ballots for mailing or delivery in any election.'

The intent is that you can take you extended families ballots and mail them or from them off at a drop off location.

Then there is this nice little (not too slanted) article:

Link

No, Fraud Isn’t Rampant in Colorado’s Mail-In Voting System
President Donald Trump has cited security concerns for why widespread mail-in voting doesn't work. But the Centennial State has proven that, with the right system in place, fraud can be prevented and turnout can soar.

BY SHANE MONAGHAN • MAY 1, 2020
On April 7, many Wisconsinites put their health in jeopardy to exercise their right to vote. At the time, stay-at-home orders were in place across the country. Elections set to take place during the preceding weeks in states like Alabama, Louisiana, and Georgia had been postponed. But the Wisconsin primary went on as scheduled, forcing thousands of people to line up at a limited number of polling places despite the threat of the novel coronavirus.

That scene in the Badger State, along with a growing list of primaries that have been postponed since, escalated a nationwide debate about how elections should be conducted during the COVID-19 pandemic. Many governors, secretaries of state, and members of Congress from both parties have advocated for an expansion of mail-in voting so people can cast a ballot without fear of catching the deadly virus. But some Republicans—most notably President Donald Trump—have denounced the idea, claiming the practice is an easy target for fraud.

Colorado is one of just five states that sends a ballot to every registered voter by mail, and if the success of our elections is any proof, Trump’s assertions don’t have much merit. “Mail-in voting is safe if you have the proper processes in place,” says Wayne Williams, who helped refine Colorado’s mail-in voting initiative while he was secretary of state from 2015 to 2019. “Our state’s system is an example of how things can be kept secure.”

Both Williams and current Secretary of State Jena Griswold say there are two key pieces that help Colorado assure the integrity of its mail-in voting system. First is the ability to maintain accurate mailing lists. To do that, addresses are regularly updated using information from both the National Change of Address database and the Colorado Department of Revenue, which receives notice of your updated location when you revise that info during a DMV visit. The accuracy of that directory ensures people actually receive their ballot. Voting rolls are also examined against the Social Security Index, so people who have died can be removed.

The second important security measure is the ability to cross-check voters’ John Hancocks. Before you submit your ballot, you must sign the back of it. After being collected from the ballot box, a team of bipartisan election judges appointed by county clerks compare those squiggly lines to the signature listed under your name in the state’s voting database, which is typically pulled from your driver’s license. If the two don’t match, the county clerk sends you a letter asking for proof the ballot is yours, usually by sending back a fixed signature.

Williams says his team once had to send such a note to his daughter when he was secretary of state: “She had carefully spelled out her name on an early driver’s license and by the time she was in college it was a scrawl.” If there appears to be evidence of some sort of double or illegal voting, though, the secretary of state can refer someone to the district attorney for investigation. According to Griswold, only .0027 percent of the more than 2.5 million ballots cast in Colorado during the 2018 midterm election were suspect enough to take that type of action. “It’s really rare,” she says, “but it’s still important that we guard against it.”

Those protections do go beyond just updating lists and examining autographs. Colorado also checks with the five other states that conduct all elections entirely by mail, including Oregon and Washington, to make sure someone isn’t casting a ballot by mail in multiple locations. The state even defends against what is known as ballot harvesting with a law that says the most ballots one person can turn in is 10. That means you can still take the ballot your elderly grandma lawfully filled out to a polling place for her, and it hopefully limits the chances that people will give their ballots to someone who says they’ll turn it in but has no intention of doing so.

Griswold is also quick to point out that because mail-in ballots are analog, it’s more difficult for anyone outside the state or country to possibly interfere. “We know foreign countries want to undermine our democracy,” she says. “Part of the way they do that is through elections, but you can’t hack a paper ballot.”

Our whole system has led many election experts to call the Centennial State one of the safer places to vote. “The people that study this stuff put Colorado near the top of the list in terms of managing elections,” says David Kimball, a professor at University of Missouri–St. Louis and one of the country’s leading election administration scholars. It’s even helped the state’s turnout consistently outpace national numbers: Nearly 60 percent of eligible voting age adults in Colorado participated in the 2018 midterms compared to just 48 percent nationwide. More people also participated in the 2020 presidential primary than in any primary in the state’s history.

It is still unclear, though, to what extent similar procedures can be implemented across the country for upcoming primaries and the general election in November. Colorado has been fine-tuning its all-mail elections since a state law required the shift in 2013. We even got some practice with a wide-ranging absentee system that was already in place before that. Sixteen states still require voters to come up with a valid excuse to be able to vote by mail. Williams says those places may have a harder time building out a program that allows as many people as possible to avoid a polling place come November.

Griswold, though, is more than willing to educate others on Colorado’s system. She’s gotten questions from at least a third of the states about how to make the switch. “President Trump is pointing toward voter fraud as a distraction,” she says. “People shouldn’t have to make a decision between casting their ballots and protecting their health.”

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
The Supreme Court ruled Thursday for the Trump administration in a key immigration case, determining that a federal law limiting an asylum applicant’s ability to appeal a determination that he lacked a credible fear of persecution from his home country does not violate the Constitution.

The ruling means the administration can deport some people seeking asylum without allowing them to make their case to a federal judge. The 7-2 ruling applies to those who fail their initial asylum screenings, making them eligible for quick deportation.

In a decision in the case of Dept. of Homeland Security v. Thuraissigiam, the court ruled that the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act (IIRIRA) – which prevents judicial review of the credible fear determination – does not violate the Constitution’s Suspension Clause, which protects habeas corpus privileges that allow courts to determine if a person should be released due to unlawful detention.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...r-for-asylum-seekers

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
USPS truck in New Jersey Carrying Mail in Ballots catches fire...

link

USPS truck caught fire in New Jersey carrying possible mail-in ballots: report

Mail-in ballots may have been on a U.S. Postal Service vehicle that caught fire in the state over the weekend, New Jersey officials reportedly said this week.

Post Office spokesperson George Flood told NJ.com that a postal vehicle carrying mail en route to nearly 100 addresses in Morris Township, N.J., over the weekend caught fire due to mechanical problems, but confirmed that no one was hurt.

TRUMP SAYS SURGE IN VOTING BY MAIL 'HIS BIGGEST RISK'

The Morris County Clerk’s office reportedly posted an “urgent notice” to voters living in the area, and posted addresses mail was being delivered to, advising any registered Democrat, Republican, or unaffiliated voters who did not receive a vote-by-mail ballot to contact the clerk’s office.

New Jersey’s primary election is slated for July 7, after being postponed from its original date of June 2. The election will be mostly vote-by-mail due to the coronavirus pandemic. New Jersey officials, though, told NJ.com that all 21 counties in the state will offer some in-person polling places.

For months, President Trump has railed against efforts by Democrats and some Republicans to allow more people to vote by absentee ballot in the general election, to avoid health risks associated with voting in-person at polling stations amid the coronavirus pandemic. His reelection campaign and the Republican National Committee earlier this year launched a multimillion-dollar legal push to squash moves by Democrats to expand ballot access.

VOTING PROBLEMS DURING SOME PRIMARIES RAISE CONCERNS ABOUT GENERAL ELECTION CHAOS

Election experts do say that voting by mail is more susceptible to fraud than casting a ballot in person, but they’ve seen no evidence of widespread fraud or that absentee balloting favors Democrats. But the massive increase in absentee balloting places an extra burden on already stressed-out state and county election officials and on a U.S. Postal Service facing financial and manpower deficits.

By a 59-38 percent margin, registered voters questioned in a Quinnipiac University national poll released last week said that all voters in the U.S. should be allowed to cast ballots by mail in November due to coronavirus health concerns.

But the survey indicated a sharp partisan divide, with 90 percent of Democrats – and 57 percent of independents – supporting increased balloting by mail, and nearly three-quarters of Republicans opposed.

Fox News’ Paul Steinhauser contributed to this report.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:

The second important security measure is the ability to cross-check voters’ John Hancocks. Before you submit your ballot, you must sign the back of it. After being collected from the ballot box, a team of bipartisan election judges appointed by county clerks compare those squiggly lines to the signature listed under your name in the state’s voting database, which is typically pulled from your driver’s license. If the two don’t match, the county clerk sends you a letter asking for proof the ballot is yours, usually by sending back a fixed signature.

What an absolute crock of shit. This is the type of subjective crap that scares the hell out me. The signature on my driver's license looks barely like my actual signature because I had to use a crappy touch pad to digitally sign my name when I got my license. So we have to rely on simpleminded laymen to be handwriting experts now? The chance for legitimate ballots being tossed (especially if you're mailing your ballot on or close to election day) is very real. The chance for outright fraud is also very real.

The idea of mail in ballots as the primary form of voting needs to be shitcanned immediately.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The dang Cuban frog that hangs out in my mailbox must be a democrat; he peed on my Urgent Personal Request letter from President Donald Trump. Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:

You sign the "back of the ballot"? Doesn't that violate the concept of anonymous voting? The scheme used by the military (at least back in the 1970s) involved 2 envelopes--the inner one, sealed and notarized, contained the actual ballot, while the outer one possessed identification about the voter. Upon receipt, the voter was validated and logged as voting and the inner envelope was sent to be opened and processed (by a different person). Other than the voter and the notarizing agent, no one could link the ballot to an individual.

Obviously, this process is very labor-intensive, and not workable for a large number of voters.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
In Colorado, we sign the envelope, not the ballot.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
Balze, I’ve been telling my friends and family that the voter fraud in this November’s election is going to be epic, off the charts. I told my wife this morning on the way to Sams that it will be right in our face also and they don’t care. They don’t even try to hide it.

I guess nothing will be done about it?

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Accks your guess is as good as mine. I see legal challenges all over the place after the November election. I think it will make Bush v Gore look like nothing. The libs will not go down quietly.

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ibexsig
posted Hide Post
Trump was in Green Bay today. I was just out walking the dog and Air Force One flew over me just 10 minutes ago. I did a silent salute and said a prayer that he keep fighting and never give up.

Posts: 317 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: January 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Maybe one of you learned individuals can direct me to the location in the US Constitution that guarantees all of us the 'right' of totally convenient voting. I've looked for it but can't seem to find it. The polling place is usually centrally located and open 12+ hours a day. On top of that, most companies allow their employees time off to vote. If the bulk of the population can't get off their lazy, unfocused asses, and spend a few minutes voting, well too damn bad.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
If the bulk of the population can't get off their lazy, unfocused asses, and spend a few minutes voting, well too damn bad.
Especially since those voters are most likely to be the ones we'd rather not have voting, anyway.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
I guess if Colorado has the whole mail-in ballot situation figured out, the ballots to "first name/last name" in the same mail delivery as "first name/middle name/last name" (for the same freaking guy) shouldn't be a problem. They got it all figured out down there in Denver...

Posts: 593 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Damn, it's going to be rough around the dinner table in Michigan:

quote:
Daughter of Michigan Republican urges people to vote against her dad.

Regan is a red-blooded Republican who previously described himself as “so conservative that he makes Rush Limbaugh look like a liberal” and boasted about being the first candidate to support President Donald Trump. His issues include making English the official language in Michigan, opposing all forms of immigration reform (which Regan calls “a codeword for amnesty”), opposing abortion, and restoring Michigan’s constitutional militia.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post