SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 1155
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
The next big controversy will be these rallies. Libs have always hated them, but they're going to redouble their hatred now because the huge attendance will totally dwarf any kind of crowd Biden can drum up. Biden probably won't be able to fill a high school gym without a rent-a-mob, while Trump will pack every place he goes and tens of thousands more will wait outside. I don't know what stunt they'll pull, but these Trump rallies will be increasingly seen as a major threat to Biden's chances. And they'll react accordingly.

Posts: 3686 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Yup.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30927 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
From oddsmakers...same thing they said about hillary four years ago. Roll Eyes

https://www.marketwatch.com/st...-election-2020-06-12

Posts: 11199 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
6/15/20

No description provided

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7674 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
I think you guys give Georgie P too much credit. Of course he supports Trump. He still has a political career in front of him.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/1...-sales-may-2020.html

U.S. May retail sales surge 17.7% in the biggest monthly jump ever

Retail sales shattered already-lofty expectations for May as consumers freed from the coronavirus-induced lockdowns began shopping again.

The 17.7% headline gain including food sales easily topped the previous record from October 2001 and beat the 8% estimate from economists surveyed by Dow Jones.

Retail sales alone powered 16.8% higher from a month ago, more than double the estimate of 8% from Dow Jones and reversing a 16.4% plunge from a month ago. Clothing and accessories stores reported the biggest percentage gain at 188% while sporting goods, hobby, musical instruments and book stores rose 88.2%.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
U.S. May retail sales surge 17.7% in the biggest monthly jump ever

That must really piss off all the leftists after all their efforts to ruin the country's economy and blame Trump.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Don't it though!?!?!! Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ladies and gentlemen, we have the correct President at the correct time for our Country!! This man is tough, and does not understand the word failure. The left does not know how to defeat him......but Lord, they sure are trying.

Posts: 6714 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am all for Trump rallies, but going to a rally now is asking for Covid 19 problems. Some of those at the rally will have no symptoms, but will spread the virus.

An outdoor stadium would probably be safer than an indoor venue.

-c1steve

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the Patriots who fought in the Revolutionary War would think of the risk of going to a Trump Rally in the time of COVID19?

The left doesn't want rallies because biden would be speaking to an empty stadium. biden probably couldn't fill his backyard for a barbecue.

quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
We have the correct President at the correct time for our Country!!

Amen Brother- It's time for us to step up and ensure President Trump gets 4 more years. He's given so much for us- It's time for us to do the same for him.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13493 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
I am all for Trump rallies, but going to a rally now is asking for Covid 19 problems. Some of those at the rally will have no symptoms, but will spread the virus.

Any large gathering has a potential for a transmission of a bug, common cold, flu, anything. Always was and always will be, risk is same, left doesn't hype up how deadly other bugs are.

Posts: 2845 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Then stay home if you are scared. Roll Eyes I would love to go to a Trump rally, but our tyrannical Governor will not allow for it until after November.

Posts: 34581 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many miles of border wall has been built while the media's attention has been focused elsewhere Razz

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
funerals were prohibited, rally's prohibited but protests were OK (but only if run by BLM or democrat operatives)

funny thing about that huh?

I think President Trump is going to blow them out of the water

Posts: 53806 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am all for Trump rallies...
No, you're not, because if you were, your sentence would have ended where I ended that quote.

Posts: 109092 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:

To quote someone else from here..."If the Left can RIOT, then the Right can RALLY!! Smile
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
I wonder how many miles of border wall has been built while the media's attention has been focused elsewhere Razz
GREAT video...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Last I heard one million people have applied for tickets to attend the Trump rally. When applying you sign a waiver releasing the venue or anyone else from any liability should you get the Covid. You are also informed you're temp will be taken and hand sanitizers and masks will be provided as will bottled water and shelter from the heat. Trump is the only one willing to treat you like a adult right now and let you make you're own risk/reward decisions.

This is the lefts worst nightmare right now, Trump back on the campaign trail with huge numbers of people in attendance which is why they are now suing to try to stop it. Which is also a losing move for them even if they are successful in doing so.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8622 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The injunction suit to stop the rally has been rejected.

quote:
Two black-history organizations that said nothing when tens of thousands of Black Lives Matter demonstrators “protested” and in some cases rioted across the country filed a lawsuit this week in an attempt to block President Donald Trump’s upcoming Tulsa rally.

But in a ruling Tuesday, Oklahoma Judicial District 14 Judge Rebecca B. Nightingale reportedly rejected the suit.

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8622 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
erj_pilot,

I have personal connections to two of the four people who died in the county next door. A retired police woman, who worked for a friend of mine, went to a party with a bunch of active and retired LEOs. One person at the party had no symptoms but had the virus. She and five others contracted the virus, and one died.

Personally I believe there will be a resurgence of infections and deaths, but most likely there is no way around it. May as well get on with life and do the best we can.

The only election issue I am worried about is voter fraud. The dems are working hard to promote mail in voting with no ID.

-c1steve

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post