SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My friends.... I must take my leave of the forum for a while.
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My friends.... I must take my leave of the forum for a while. Login/Join 
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
You are missed already Kevin. I am only a couple hours from you, and am a member at a 1000 yard range inn Central MO. Let me know if you need to clear your head with some shooting. We can put lead on distant steel. I will put my email back in my profile.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Sorry to read this. Keep in mind that you are not alone, and we're here when you decide you've had enough break.

In the meantime, take this time to think and focus on all the good things in life. I believe that you have the courage and strength to get through this.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23262 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Kevin, I have always hoped for the best for you. You've toughed it out from selling phones to now. You have this. If you need help, many of us have been here, reach out. you're covered.

Posts: 4019 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
What always amazes me is how each of us have our "issues" or triggers or whatever. The point is, I realize your life feels like shit now but it will work out it will pass. There is no way back, no way around, no way over.....just though. It will pass. You spend your working hours that would scare the shit out of me. You can and will handle this.

Funny thing is most things I am a rock. Storms, however, scare the shit out of me in the south. "Don't judge me Smile". That being said I see our LEOs out in the storms and wonder how they do it. But at the end of the day I have no choice but to ranger up and go through the storm and look on in awe at those who seem not to care.

Point is we all have our "storms". They terrify us. They have us looking for anyway to go back or around when the only way is through. I have no doubt you will make it through your storm. Just remember you do shit everyday with aplomb that would scare the crap out of most of us.

Ranger up, move through and come out stronger on the other side.

.........and bourbon. Lots and lots of bourbon. Smile

Take care, prayers and best wishes sent your way and don't fall into the trap a lot of cops do and see only the bad.......there is lots of stupid, horrible, crazy shit out there. So take a breath and close your eyes and remember all the good stuff, it's still there.

Take care, be safe, and if you need it ask for help. Above all Ranger up and go through. You are tougher then most of us. Well certainly me.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear the news Kevin. I'll be praying for you.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kevin - we met last October - if you still have my contact, feel free to use it at any time.

Posts: 2773 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry Kevin. I can relate some I think my marriage is going to hell, and I've been on the forum very little because of it.
Keeping your head in the game at work is so important.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear the news. Kevin, hang in there!

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kevin, take care of yourself. You will be missed.

Posts: 521 | Location: maryland | Registered: February 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Kevin, so sorry to hear this. Remember that you have true friends here. Do what you must do, and remember if you need us we will be right here for you.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Kevin,

BTDT, got the T-shirt. It hurts like hell but you aren't the first nor will you be the last.

You are stronger than you ever knew and you'll make it through this. Keep your head about you, both at work and on the home front / social scene.

Plenty of deep dark holes to crawl into - women, booze, self-pity, 'what ifs', etc. Some of that may be fun but be careful and eventually you'll crawl out and survive it all.

You can chase the wife but in the end if she doesn't want to make it work, it won't work. If she just left, she's likely been planning it for awhile (weeks, more than likely months really). Not sure if you have kids, that can complicate things, and if you don't it can make it easier.

Hunker down, knowing who you are from years of posting here, this is painful, difficult, but completely within your power to come through stronger and better on the other side.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kevin-

I always make it a point to read you comments - I enjoy your thoughts.

I hope that you will be able to post again soon.

Tillman in Florida

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Kevin- sorry to hear this. Stay strong.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Praying for you Kevin, I know it's not an easy time for you! Been through it myself many many years ago.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Kevin, sorry to see this happen to you. It has all been said in the other posts so I don't want to repeat what has been said.
Good luck, time will heal you.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kevin, if you need a place to stay or get away I have plenty of space.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Prayers and thoughts are with you.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Kevin. Hang in there, man.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for the emails, calls and text messages.

As I try to right this ship, get back on my feet, financially, emotionally and honestly physically I will keep you all in my thoughts.

This is going to hammer my in all of those ways, and I am going to have to damn near murder myself work wise to try to save the house.

Again, I won't be posting much but I will still be viewing here and trying to keep up with my Internet friends, even if it is only browsing from my phone as I work secondary so I can eat....

I mean tnis, thank you friends. Just the 10 pages of support here means the world to me. Especially as emotionally vulnerable as I am now with the way this happened... it is huge to know there are people who care.

So, long story short, thanks, and when this is all over I will return again.

And please, if anyone of you EVER needs my help... please email me.

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
You have a plate that is overflowing just try keep your mind on what you're doing at work and be safe. The SF people are here for you.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post