SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's on the grill/smoker today?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's on the grill/smoker today? Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
xantom - interesting setup. What is that?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Today smoking a whole chicken and tomorrow a brisket on the Egg.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
bleu cheese burgers on the Green Egg yesterday, marinated chicken breasts and Conecah sausage tonight, and beer butt chickens tomorrow.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Baby back ribs today.

Pork chops tomorrow.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Two racks of loin back ribs today. Whole packer brisket tomorrow.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rack and a half 'o ribz. Tomorrow, a spatchcock chicken and some sausages. I guess I'll be nice to the young 'uns and grill hot dogs or hamburgers for them.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Smoked turkey breast & smoked meatballs (for a later in the week dinner)!!!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried something new today.....I had an 8 lb pork tenderloin and decided to rotisserie it on my outdoor grill. A little research revealed that it should go 15 minutes per pound. I found it to be a little more done than I would of preferred, but it was still okay. Next time I will use some type of seasoning/sauce and reduce the cook time to maybe 12 minutes per pound.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:

How do you do your chuck roast?

Chucks need to be low and slow in my opinion (like pretty much everything else). I've not done one on the grill (no reason not to I suppose...just haven't) but the way I cook them is at around 200F in the oven with a salt crust. It's usually an eight hour or so cook, but they do come out good every time.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerkyjer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
There needs to be more pictures in this thread.

I can help. No pics of butts, gave one away to neighbor, wrapped on for freezer and gave one to daughter. Beginning, middle and end of brisket. I sorta lost control of the meat board at the end to the vandals lurking about....

That looks SPECTACULAR. Ive been working to get a smoke ring half the size.
I have spare ribs ready for smoke tomorrow.

Happy eating everyone.

JK

War Eagle!

Posts: 206 | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
xantom - interesting setup. What is that?

It's a Pit Barrel Cooker:
https://www.pitbarrelcooker.com

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pork belly burnt ends, smoked then glazed.

"You can take your pistol and stick it so far up your ass, the muzzle of it is visible when you cough."

Posts: 1248 | Registered: February 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Bone in Pork Shoulder, and Baked Beans, for tomorrow. The ribs will go on in a little while.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I had to use my 26” and 18” Weber Kettles yesterday because we had both kinds of food: steak AND potatoes. A dozen baked potatoes on the 18”, four NY strips and four filets on the 26”. Four of the baked potatoes were used for breakfast this morning.

Today, a dozen hot dogs on the 18”. Tonight, eight pork chops on the 26”. Tomorrow, it’s burgers and hot dogs on the 26” unless more people show up, then I’ll fire up the 18” as well.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 slabs of ribs and an 8 lbs. pork butt on the RecTec. Oak and cherry with Meatheads rub.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
9# bone-in Boston butt, sorry no pic's as proof

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Chicken Schawarma on the BGE with the Joetisserrie

Posts: 3448 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
Bone in Ribeye on the Weber Kettle

Posts: 1600 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Nothing fancy. We just have hot dogs & hamburgers on the Weber kettle grill.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
St Louis dry rub ribs and smoked sweet potatoes and whatever other sides Mrs Greener comes up with

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post