SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's on the grill/smoker today?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's on the grill/smoker today? Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted
Last weekend I smoked and reverse-seared two ginormous sirloins (2+ inches and 2+ lbs apiece) for Mother's Day.

Today I have a 2.5 pound chuck roast on the smoker.

Next weekend will be babyback ribs.

What's on yours?

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Pork steaks will be on the BGE later this evening. They were on special and were giving out samples. Not the healthiest cut of pork, but it's tasty and fast.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Swordfish and veggies > BGE.

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
A couple of T-Bones and baked potatoes for dinner tomorrow night.

I'm thinking a road trip to RogueJSK this weekend is in order Big Grin

Posts: 2221 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
A few more hours to go...

quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
They were on special

Same with this chuck.

Figured I'd go cheap this weekend, to make up for the $40ish in steak from last weekend. Big Grin

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
I’m going to cedar plank some Copper River salmon on my egg grill. Cool

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
We're invited to some friends for grilled burgers and Brats today so I get the day off.

Yesterday however I did some ribs that came out great.

https://s31.postimg.cc/kgdtsrdaj/DSCN0222.jpg

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Phantom, that sounds delicious. I miss having a freezer full of wild-caught Alaskan salmon that I had back when I lived in Alaska.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been marinating some boneless/skinless chicken thigh portions for the last 3 days in a chili-lime marniade. They will go on the grill, along with this seasons first mess of steamed okra, and a baked potato and pita bread.

Of course, I will be having a "taste" of Knob Creek bourbon while everything cooks......ah, life is good!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Osso buco in the oven today.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Whole spatchcocked chicken in the BGE.

Posts: 7348 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
Whole spatchcocked chicken in the BGE.
I did that yesterday. Extremely juicy and delicious.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I have been marinating some boneless/skinless chicken thigh portions for the last 3 days in a chili-lime marniade.

Oh yeah. Chili-lime-marinated chicken breasts is one of my favorite things to grill.

Makes for outstanding eating on its own, or even better fajitas.

Here's my marinade:

1. Put chicken breasts in gallon ziploc bag(s). I try to not put more than 3 or 4 breasts in each bag.
2. Squeeze 1 lime per chicken breast, plus 1 additional lime, into each bag.
3. Add one heaping spoonful of spice mix (below) per chicken breast to each bag.
4. Close bag loosely, then squish insides around to distribute.
5. Reopen bag, squeeze all the air out of the bag, reclose bag.
6. Refrigerate at least overnight, and preferably a day or two. Flip bag over at least once about halfway through.

Spice mix:
4 tsp chili powder
2 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cayenne pepper

(Makes enough for a couple batches; store excess in an airtight plastic container.)

posted Hide Post
Nice looking chuckie, Rogue! You gonna take it all the way to pull (pepper-stout beef chuckie, mmmm)? Or stop a tad short for slicing? Wonderful either way!

TT, nothing wrong with a nice pork shoulder steak! Cooked properly, they're wonderful in and of themselves, and also make a wonderful base to do a great variety of things with! Someday soon, I'll cook and post my favorite dish made with shoulder steak, an Asian-BBQ fusion meal!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
Nice looking chuckie, Rogue! You gonna take it all the way to pull (pepper-stout beef chuckie, mmmm)? Or stop a tad short for slicing?

Depends on how long it stalls out. Big Grin

My preference would be for pulled. But as you said, it's good either way.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Buffalo steak. We had friends visit and he drew a buffalo tag last fall.

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I'll have Marzy Burgers on in a bit.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34105 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I made some Tenderloin Steaks, yum.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Just a simple slab of baby backs with a rub and a nice homemade sauce for the two of us.

5 hours on the RecTec smoker, a great machine !!

Posts: 3850 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Phantom, that sounds delicious. I miss having a freezer full of wild-caught Alaskan salmon that I had back when I lived in Alaska.
Thank Tator. I'm a little bummed that I ran out of lump charcoal and will have to use the Weber Genesis. Still good, just not as good.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post