SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man identified as parent of a middle school student shot/killed by police at school
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man identified as parent of a middle school student shot/killed by police at school Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I don't know that I've ever heard of a parent going this far at a school before, but the video tells the tale.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fat...ol-caught-on-bodycam

The head shot was likely necessary, given the fact that the dead guy was on the ground with one of the police officers.

In looking for information about the guy, I found this garbage:

https://cldc.org/in-memoriam-c...988-january-11-2019/
quote:
Despite law enforcement’s willful ignorance, in the last several years there have been far too many headlines describing people of color being shot and killed by police. The lesson learned: the experience of dealing with police in America is different for whites and nonwhites. Charlie was of mixed Filipino and Mexican descent.
Hookay. To the person who wrote that stupid shit- you can't actually believe this claptrap. The heritage of the dead guy has nothing to do with any of this. The police shot him out of pure necessity because he pulled a pistol and started shooting it. Who gives the first shit about where his mother and father were born? A white guy who pulled the same shit would be just as dead, and you damn well know it.
You're dishonest, we already know that, but are you blind as well? Or can't you be bothered with the video evidence of this fool making it absolutely necessary for the police to use deadly force?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107771 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted Hide Post
These people live in pure fantasy.

They have created, in their own certain reality, where these thoughts are their truth.

Of course, they are wrong.

But no argument, no matter how factual it may be, will ever correct their mind.

So what is the solution?

Posts: 1455 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
one initial article I read said the parent was vehemently anti-cop. Likely another reason for his extreme non-compliance throughout the entirety of the scenario.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Racist ass bullets.

Posts: 6663 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
This guy had other plans and the officers intervened to cancel them. Good shoot.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15640 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Anyone who thinks this is anything but 100% justified is a moron.

The cops prevented this shitbag for killing others. Who the heck pulls a gun at a school on two cops. Screw him. I feel bad for the kids at the school. No one at that age should have to deal with a violent death happening at their school.

Screw anyone that thinks this is anything but two cops doing the right thing and preventing other deaths.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16413 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Once the gun made it's appearance, all bets are off and I really have no problem with the outcome.

However, they asked the guy to leave and it appears that he was leaving. What was the need to arrest him and start the cascade? Not criticizing, just curious.

Posts: 20138 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
A little more info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4tfM7yqCfU

not sure how to embed the video with tubeit being down.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16413 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Just another example of totally dumbassed people doing totally dumbassed things...hopefully the daughter didn't have to witness her dad's takedown from his self inflicted dumb-assed-ness...prayers for the officer having to carry this out Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Can't be true, cause, you know... gun free zone.

Posts: 11400 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Just another example of totally dumbassed people doing totally dumbassed things...hopefully the daughter didn't have to witness her dad's takedown from his self inflicted dumb-assed-ness...prayers for the officer having to carry this out Frown

From the video I posted, she very well may have witnessed it. 2:50 timestamp.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I guess I will never understand people. Are folks just completely incapable of thinking things through? Even if one thinks he is the reincarnation of John Wick and is going to beat two trained officers (thus becoming a murderer right in front of his daughter), anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows it won’t end there. Totally leaving aside the fact that picking a fight with the cops is wrong, it just isn’t ever going to go your way, at least not for any meaningful length of time. I just don’t get it.

Posts: 6927 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Can't be true, cause, you know... gun free zone.

Much to my surprise:

"Landeros obtained a concealed handgun license in February 2018. It is not illegal for someone with a concealed handgun license to carry a concealed weapon into a school."

Complete article:

https://www.policeone.com/offi...e-Ore-middle-school/

Posts: 15912 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
However, they asked the guy to leave and it appears that he was leaving. What was the need to arrest him and start the cascade? Not criticizing, just curious.

He was not leaving. He tried to walk toward a hallway after being asked to leave, the officer then started pushing him toward/out the door, all while he pushed back against the officer. He wasn't leaving. Failure to obey commands of a police officer may lead to an arrest. Fighting an officer may also lead to an arrest. Pulling a gun on an officer may lead to death.
Watch the above video starting at 4:08 to see for yourself.

Posts: 888 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
One shot to his they*[1] head and he theirs is dead.

His They partner must be proud that he theirs went out fighting the police.

[1]* Charlie’s gender pronouns are they/theirs.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
He was not leaving. He tried to walk toward a hallway after being asked to leave, the officer then started pushing him toward/out the door, all while he pushed back against the officer. He wasn't leaving. Failure to obey commands of a police officer may lead to an arrest. Fighting an officer may also lead to an arrest. Pulling a gun on an officer may lead to death.

Yup. Until he resisted and pulled the gun out he was just looking at a misdemeanor trespass charge as a worse-case scenario.

Too bad the shooter wasn't a female officer, then he would have been taken down by the matriarchy!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
What started the whole incident?

I mean, the guy is dressed like a child. Was he there on some real or perceived legitimate business with the school, or was he pretending to be a kid for some nefarious purpose?

It's a good shoot either way, I'm just curious as to what lead up to the incident.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phydough:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Watched it again (and again). You are correct. Looks like he was angling to go down the hall and was being pushed out the door by the officer.

Posts: 20138 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
What started the whole incident?

I mean, the guy is dressed like a child. Was he there on some real or perceived legitimate business with the school, or was he pretending to be a kid for some nefarious purpose?

It's a good shoot either way, I'm just curious as to what lead up to the incident.

See the video posted above by Floyd Barber.

Q

Posts: 26536 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post