SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man identified as parent of a middle school student shot/killed by police at school
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man identified as parent of a middle school student shot/killed by police at school Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
In looking for information about the guy, I found this garbage:

https://cldc.org/in-memoriam-c...988-january-11-2019/
quote:
Despite law enforcement’s willful ignorance, in the last several years there have been far too many headlines describing people of color being shot and killed by police. The lesson learned: the experience of dealing with police in America is different for whites and nonwhites. Charlie was of mixed Filipino and Mexican descent.
Hookay. To the person who wrote that stupid shit- you can't actually believe this claptrap. The heritage of the dead guy has nothing to do with any of this. The police shot him out of pure necessity because he pulled a pistol and started shooting it. Who gives the first shit about where his mother and father were born? A white guy who pulled the same shit would be just as dead, and you damn well know it.
You're dishonest, we already know that, but are you blind as well? Or can't you be bothered with the video evidence of this fool making it absolutely necessary for the police to use deadly force?

I actually find this horseshit to be more disturbing than the actual event. Good riddance to the commie piece of shit (hint: his shirt- "Smash the patriarchy")

On video, this is a clear account of an idiot almost murdering police officers. But the SJWs at Civil Liberties Defense Center place the blame at officer's feet. And of course, this shitbag organization uses "gender neutral" bullshit descriptions of the perp with "they", "their", etc.

Its' a fuckin' headache to read the link.

No more antifa picnics for you pal.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16709 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
This happened 15 minutes from my house, any comments coming from them don't surprise me in the least, Eugene is the mecca for this kind of crap.

When he pulled the gun did he think that the officers were just going to back away. Wink

Posts: 5599 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Perp got what he deserved, lead poisoning.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by phydough:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
However, they asked the guy to leave and it appears that he was leaving. What was the need to arrest him and start the cascade? Not criticizing, just curious.

He was not leaving. He tried to walk toward a hallway after being asked to leave, the officer then started pushing him toward/out the door, all while he pushed back against the officer. He wasn't leaving. Failure to obey commands of a police officer may lead to an arrest. Fighting an officer may also lead to an arrest. Pulling a gun on an officer may lead to death.
Watch the above video starting at 4:08 to see for yourself.

Watched it again (and again). You are correct. Looks like he was angling to go down the hall and was being pushed out the door by the officer.
Not only that, like many libtards he has a made-up rule book devoid of reality where a school resource officer can't ask you to leave a school and only a principal can. These people are not sane and will use violence when their made-up rule book isn't recognized by others.

Overall, I'm glad the officers weren't hurt and sorry the officer who pulled the trigger will have to live with killing someone even though the deceased clearly deserved it.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23286 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when you watch way too many movies and you think you care Bruce Willis because you name is Bruce and now you are now more. Suck to be him.

Posts: 6 | Location: Alaska | Registered: October 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Well his patriarchy got smashed alright. This guy was up to no good and likely would have killed people at the school if not for the officers being there. Also good thing the officer had called backup to be there.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3793 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
If you don’t think this was fully justified, you should be immediately sterilized with woodworking tools.

Fucking idiots.

I’m happy that the officers were able to defend themselves from this psycho.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17280 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Liberals are trying to force a catch 22. If a person brings a gun to a school and fires shots at officers trying to arrest them and is shot for it, it's the fault of police. If a child is shot before police can engage it is the fault of police. Sick mentality.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37983 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
This happened 15 minutes from my house, any comments coming from them don't surprise me in the least, Eugene is the mecca for this kind of crap.

When he pulled the gun did he think that the officers were just going to back away. Wink

That's what happens in the movies. The cops back away with their hands out or up, saying, "Whoah, whoah, take it easy!" Then one of them goes for his holster, but fumbles it because the script calls for the cops to be bumbling butterfingers, giving our hero time to act in self defense.

Unfortunately for him, the cops went off script, and started improvising.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Has anybody pulled out the "he was just trying to defend himself" bs that usually surfaces after these kinds of shootings?

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21850 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Near the end of "Donut's" video Floyd D. Barber posted.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...310037254#5310037254

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43907 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
What started the whole incident?

I mean, the guy is dressed like a child. Was he there on some real or perceived legitimate business with the school, or was he pretending to be a kid for some nefarious purpose?

It's a good shoot either way, I'm just curious as to what lead up to the incident.

quote:
Charles Landeros refused to leave Cascade Middle School when asked to do so by school resource officers Steve Timm and Aaron Johns on Jan. 11, according to district attorney Patty Perlow. Landeros struggled with them when they tried to arrest him and fired two shots at one of the officers, who then fired back and killed Landeros, the district attorney said.

Landeros went to the school that day over a conflict with his daughter’s mother. He had enrolled the girl in the school earlier that week without telling his former spouse, but school officials later learned that the girl’s mother had the sole authority to decide which school the girl attended.

At some point, Landeros was told to leave the school because he stopped answering the officers’ questions. He was warned that he would be arrested if he didn’t leave, the district attorney said.

Police body camera footage shows Landeros refused to leave the school because he believed only the principal had the authority to force him from the campus. He then sees his daughter walk into the hallway and repeatedly yells for her to “go.”

https://www.oregonlive.com/pac...-school-da-says.html

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
If you don’t think this was fully justified, you should be immediately sterilized with woodworking tools.
Fucking idiots.

Yep.

This "outrage" is spewed by the same stinking commies that add to the list of names of "gun deaths" they call out at anti-gun rallies, KNOWN TERRORISTS WHO HAVE KILLED INNOCENT PEOPLE as "victims of gun violence" who were taken out by the cops.

Fucking idiots indeed.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Quote - "Perlow added: “Officer Timm saved the life of Officer Johns, himself and perhaps many others given the number of rounds Charles Landeros had loaded in his weapon. There is no clearer circumstance that the use of deadly force is justified than this."

Looks like a good shoot to me, too.

Posts: 11332 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Didn't he see the "No Firearms Allowed" sign on the door?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Didn't he see the "No Firearms Allowed" sign on the door?

He apparently had a CCW which permitted him to carry on school grounds, as it should.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Near the end of "Donut's" video Floyd D. Barber posted.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...310037254#5310037254

5:48 time stamp.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:

This "outrage" is spewed by the same stinking commies that add to the list of names of "gun deaths" they call out at anti-gun rallies, KNOWN TERRORISTS WHO HAVE KILLED INNOCENT PEOPLE as "victims of gun violence" who were taken out by the cops.

And this will be added to the list of stats of "School Shooting," too.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21850 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Of course this incident is getting no mileage in the MSM because no MAGA hat was involved.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16709 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
He is using a flawed logic. But it is deeper than that.

This is the physical manifestation of one worldview intersecting another. Yes, this is a worldview problem. He lives in a world where all cops are just NPC's and the Orange Man has decreed all people of color must die. So therefore he had to resist and then use his gun to protect society from the NPC's. It was his only remaining choice.

Reason and logic were suspended long ago because truth and facts can no longer be seen, only rage and hate.
No honest liberal would defend this, thus MSM has nothing to report. It does not fit in their worldview so it just simply is not processed intellectually.
It is as if it did not happen to them. Actually it is if it did not happen at all. Since truth and facts are suspended she was left with only hate and rage to write her obituary.

la raison est morte, vice la raison

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3592 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post