SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Movie For Spring 2024: "Civil War" - Could The Left Be Any More Obvious?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Movie For Spring 2024: "Civil War" - Could The Left Be Any More Obvious? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I know I'm 0/0 right now with the movie recommendations but I saw this pop up last night and had a good laugh at these ever-projecting leftist idiots Roll Eyes

--A Trump-looking and sounding President (serving a third term?) presiding over a rapidly disintegrating USA, ordering airstrikes on American civilians on American soil? CHECK

--A media type mentioning that they are "shooting journalists in DC" CHECK

--California and Texas joining together as one faction? LMAO!

--Release in April 2024...precisely 6 months before the election to get everyone all worked up and scared about big bad Trump? CHECK

Could they be any more blatant with this?

Posts: 33819 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good flick

Posts: 1746 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Looks like GREAT fiction to me!!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
As was postulated above, a very, very lefty projection.

I would never give a cent of extra money to see this.

Posts: 7263 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
So, I suppose the lefties win in this great work of fiction?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16522 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
When we start reading too much into entertainment that doesn’t fall into our views we’ve probably already gone too far.

It’s a movie, the folks that will let it affect their political views aren’t capable of common sense rationale anyway. Focus your energy elsewhere.

It’s a movie.

And I’m not sure when the President started to sound like Ron Swanson but okay.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
So, I suppose the lefties win in this great work of fiction?

Armed with their bongs and dildos how could they lose?

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Is this the netflix show produced by Barack & Michelle where the black guy tells his daughter "Don't trust anyone, especially white people"?

ETA: Nevermind, another thread answered my question. "Leave the world behind" is the name of that flick.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Well the trailer looks good. Not sure what they're selling so I'll withhold judgement until there's more to go on. Anyway, that said what's up with the green hair and nail polish on the 'sniper' in screen shot/cover of the trailer?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8909 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
When we start reading too much into entertainment that doesn’t fall into our views we’ve probably already gone too far.

It’s a movie, the folks that will let it affect their political views aren’t capable of common sense rationale anyway. Focus your energy elsewhere.

It’s a movie.
You're way wrong on this, as wrong as you can be. You act as if this is just another mindless film that Hollywood has churned out as a matter of course, and I am telling you that the film, its content and its timing are all calculated to discourage Americans from voting for Donald Trump in November. The leftists are pulling out the stops to instill fear in the people of this country, and those who give these vile bastards a pass on what they are doing with this film, are aiding them.

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
And I’m not sure when the President started to sound like Ron Swanson but okay.

While I too enjoy Ron Swanson, the character is a send-up of white, middle-class, middle-aged, American-males, who work the trades and distain modern trends & beliefs. Make no mistake, despite him trying to portray himself as a woodworking loving libertarian, actor Nick Offerman is a Lefty. It's no coincidence that his portrayal as POTUS in this movie channels his Ron Swanson character.
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Well the trailer looks good. Not sure what they're selling so I'll withhold judgement until there's more to go on. Anyway, that said what's up with the green hair and nail polish on the 'sniper' in screen shot/cover of the trailer?

Take a guess, who in American society today is motivated to do harm to other Americans...

This movie is produced by A24, they've been a leading studio pumping out some interesting, non-mainstream work that's garnered a lot of awards, directors Robert Eggers and Darren Aronofsky are amongst those that work with them. This movie, while interesting on its surface, didn't need to be made. The subject matter and the likely plot, smells like The Purge movies, social fantasies that tickle the thought but, are really best left in print material instead. This country over the last decade-in-half has been wrapped in self-inflected social upheaval, much of the stoking and inflaming coming from the entertainment and news media industries. We'll see what comes of this but, with an election coming up...it's no mystery why this is made and its release date.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The fact that they are waiting until APRIL of next year to release this and not right now during the prime holiday-movie-going month says all I need to know about this movie.

Posts: 33819 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t think most leftist will watch. No code pink, blm, antifa, liberal, sjw snowflakes who hate guns and war will likely watch this. My 2 cents.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1flynDO:
I don’t think most leftist will watch. No code pink, blm, antifa, liberal, sjw snowflakes who hate guns and war will likely watch this. My 2 cents.

Those are not the audience for this. We already know they fear and hate Trump and aren't voting for him. This is for those moderate fence-sitting types, for the soccer moms, for the older folks; to get them scared that this will happen under a second Trump administration so they don't vote for him.

It's clear as can be.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is for those moderate fence-sitting types, for the soccer moms, for the older folks; to get them scared that this will happen under a second Trump administration so they don't vote for him.

That's right... and there are a fair number of men who fit the bill also.
I have a personal friend who claims to be a Republican, but has been so influenced by this kind of crap that he says he won't support Trump again. I hope he sees the light by next November.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24128 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I find the idea of an American Civil war absolutely disgusting. Anyone eagerly awaiting or hoping for such a thing is in for a rude fucking awakening if by some misfortune we get to experience such a thing. It’s not going to be fun at all.

This movie is a hard pass for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I don’t think this voting for Trump like most of us. You could be right about the audience. I just have never been influenced by movies on who to vote for.

posted Hide Post
I absolutely refuse to support anything Hollywood produces if I can avoid it. I've even taken to watching British productions for entertainment IF I choose to watch tv, which, these days, isn't very often. Sometimes the Brits portray their men as weak, but EVERY show and commercial on American tv these days shows men as weak, stupid, venal, subservient to women, etc. And the movies, for the most part, are worse. I will admit to watching the second Top Gun on tv, but that was a fluke.

Posts: 17146 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

It’s a movie.
You're way wrong on this, as wrong as you can be. You act as if this is just another mindless film that Hollywood has churned out as a matter of course, and I am telling you that the film, its content and its timing are all calculated to discourage Americans from voting for Donald Trump in November. The leftists are pulling out the stops to instill fear in the people of this country, and those who give these vile bastards a pass on what they are doing with this film, are aiding them.

So I’m aiding the left because I won’t get up in arms about a movie, which the producers have EVERY right to make? Because it’ll influence elections? If they are that easily influenced by a work of fiction then what would you have me do? If the past 3.5 years and our current state of economy and affairs fall prey to a singular movie, what would you have me do so as not to be considered part of the problem? Ridiculous assertion.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone eagerly awaiting or hoping for such a thing is in for a rude fucking awakening if by some misfortune we get to experience such a thing. It’s not going to be fun at all.

I was running through the scenarios with a few friends last night.

1) Trump is jailed prior to the election. Do you think that may set something off?

2) Trump is not jailed, but we see more funny business with the election and he loses. Do you think that may set something off?

3) Biden loses. Do you think that may set something off?

I'd say the odds are pretty high that there will be some unrest in the near future regardless of the scenario.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15721 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post