SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Watch those Christmas tree lights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Watch those Christmas tree lights Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted
I don’t mean to be a Grinch, however.... to those of you who are placing Christmas lights/decorations in your yards, would you please avoid anything that has Red or Blue flashing lights together!! Every time I come around the corner, I think it's the police. I have to brake hard, toss my margarita out the window, fasten my seat belt, throw my phone on the floor, turn my radio down, and push the gun under the seat. All while trying to drive. It's just too much drama, even for Christmas. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Yep, stolen

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4227 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And if you are going to decorate with inflatable Christmas characters, keep them properly inflated.
Nothing is more depressing than saggy Santas and droopy reindeer.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Nothing? There is another object that, when it becomes droopy, is very depressing!

Posts: 6484 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And we don't need any cakes,cookies or holiday candies.
Some of us are on restricted diets or are diabetics.

So quit it.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
You joke but there used to be a house on my drive that had just that and it would drive me crazy every time thinking it was a cop.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
And if you are going to decorate with inflatable Christmas characters, keep them properly inflated.

My friend has a lot of inflatable Christmas decoration things in the front yard. I need to count but probably 7 or 8 of the large ones.

After sunup, it looks there was a massive drive by shooting in his front yard.

Posts: 11854 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Why are you so worried?

You got warrants? Razz

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
droopy reindeer

Pretty sure they have pills for that these days, Yooper.

Posts: 32521 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kinda reminds of Christmas Vacation movie.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
I don’t mean to be a Grinch, however.... to those of you who are placing Christmas lights/decorations in your yards, would you please avoid anything that has Red or Blue flashing lights together!! Every time I come around the corner, I think it's the police. I have to brake hard, toss my margarita out the window, fasten my seat belt, throw my phone on the floor, turn my radio down, and push the gun under the seat. All while trying to drive. It's just too much drama, even for Christmas. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Yep, stolen

Mike

HA ! Excellent. Merry Christmas !

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8689 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, a few things come to mind.

Posts: 17151 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thank you all for your concerns, but my decorations are properly rigid when circumstances call for it. I wish the same for all of you.
Happy Holidays!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm still in the process of putting up my Christmas lights, but I don't think you'd likely think of a police car.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post