SIGforum
Watch those Christmas tree lights

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9340039694

December 11, 2022, 11:05 PM
mcrimm
Watch those Christmas tree lights
I don’t mean to be a Grinch, however.... to those of you who are placing Christmas lights/decorations in your yards, would you please avoid anything that has Red or Blue flashing lights together!! Every time I come around the corner, I think it's the police. I have to brake hard, toss my margarita out the window, fasten my seat belt, throw my phone on the floor, turn my radio down, and push the gun under the seat. All while trying to drive. It's just too much drama, even for Christmas. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Yep, stolen

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham
December 11, 2022, 11:29 PM
YooperSigs
And if you are going to decorate with inflatable Christmas characters, keep them properly inflated.
Nothing is more depressing than saggy Santas and droopy reindeer.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
December 12, 2022, 08:20 AM
architect
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Nothing? There is another object that, when it becomes droopy, is very depressing!
December 12, 2022, 09:50 AM
bendable
And we don't need any cakes,cookies or holiday candies.
Some of us are on restricted diets or are diabetics.

So quit it.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
December 12, 2022, 10:36 AM
cslinger
You joke but there used to be a house on my drive that had just that and it would drive me crazy every time thinking it was a cop.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
December 12, 2022, 12:19 PM
OKCGene
quote:
And if you are going to decorate with inflatable Christmas characters, keep them properly inflated.

My friend has a lot of inflatable Christmas decoration things in the front yard. I need to count but probably 7 or 8 of the large ones.

After sunup, it looks there was a massive drive by shooting in his front yard.
December 12, 2022, 12:25 PM
flesheatingvirus
Why are you so worried?

You got warrants? Razz

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
December 12, 2022, 12:54 PM
RogueJSK
quote:
droopy reindeer

Pretty sure they have pills for that these days, Yooper.
December 12, 2022, 03:15 PM
Marlin Fan
Kinda reminds of Christmas Vacation movie.
December 12, 2022, 05:53 PM
wrightd
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
I don’t mean to be a Grinch, however.... to those of you who are placing Christmas lights/decorations in your yards, would you please avoid anything that has Red or Blue flashing lights together!! Every time I come around the corner, I think it's the police. I have to brake hard, toss my margarita out the window, fasten my seat belt, throw my phone on the floor, turn my radio down, and push the gun under the seat. All while trying to drive. It's just too much drama, even for Christmas. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Yep, stolen

Mike

HA ! Excellent. Merry Christmas !

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster
December 12, 2022, 05:59 PM
P220 Smudge
quote:

Well, a few things come to mind.

December 12, 2022, 10:15 PM
YooperSigs
I thank you all for your concerns, but my decorations are properly rigid when circumstances call for it. I wish the same for all of you.
Happy Holidays!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
December 13, 2022, 11:35 AM
flashguy
Well, I'm still in the process of putting up my Christmas lights, but I don't think you'd likely think of a police car.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth