SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Racist teen/prom dress/cultural appropriation- a happy ending
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Racist teen/prom dress/cultural appropriation- a happy ending Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

and drink beer delivered by busty bar maids.[/QUOTE]

I knew I liked my German heritage for some reason.

Posts: 471 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
<snip> People need to get the fuck over it and quit looking for things to be offended by.
Exactly

I wonder why she took the interview. Does she need to feel that she is accepted? </psychology>

Aside: It was interesting watching her facial expressions in slow-mo.
Her answer to the last question at 3:52 sounded like a beauty pageant contestant's.

Posts: 4822 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Ha ha

Utah teen shamed over 'racist' prom dress wins praise in China

quote:
“Very elegant and beautiful! Really don’t understand the people who are against her, they are wrong!” a supporter chimed in of the cheongsam, otherwise known as a qiapo. “I suggest the Chinese government, state television or fashion company invite her to China to display her cheongsam!”

“It is not cultural theft. It is cultural appreciation and cultural respect,” another agreed.

According to the Post, Daum’s story has been making waves across Weibo, a Twitter-like platform popular in China.

“Culture has no borders. There is no problem, as long as there is no malice or deliberate maligning. Chinese cultural treasures are worth spreading all over the world,” one user mused.
Ha freaking ha

Now, you whiny millenial twerps were saying? Razz

As noted in the article, this was a show of cultural appreciation, there was no malice. I wonder, does the accuser take the liberal kool-aid orally or IV, is it a normal dose of kool-aid or industrial strength? It would seem the motivation is to stir up stink where no stink exists, something liberals are quite good at.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
Razz[/QUOTE]

As noted in the article, this was a show of cultural appreciation, there was no malice. I wonder, does the accuser take the liberal kool-aid orally or IV, is it a normal dose of kool-aid or industrial strength? It would seem the motivation is to stir up stink where no stink exists, something liberals are quite good at.[/QUOTE]

I believe they butt chug the liberal kool-aid. Razz

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2082 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Getting "offended" for offense's sake. It's gone the way of the terms "racist" and "racism".

ETA:
This young lady looked gorgeous in that dress and those casting aspersions are sure to be exhibiting jealousy.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I love her comment on twitter!
quote:
To everyone causing so much negativity: I mean no disrespect to the Chinese culture. I’m simply showing my appreciation to their culture. I’m not deleting my post because I’ve done nothing but show my love for the culture. It’s a fucking dress. And it’s beautiful.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31452 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKg3:
Razz

As noted in the article, this was a show of cultural appreciation, there was no malice. I wonder, does the accuser take the liberal kool-aid orally or IV, is it a normal dose of kool-aid or industrial strength? It would seem the motivation is to stir up stink where no stink exists, something liberals are quite good at.[/QUOTE]

I believe they butt chug the liberal kool-aid. Razz[/QUOTE]

I have never heard of a kool-aid enema, but it might explain some of the liberal mindset.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Had a funny conversation with Mrs. ShneaSIG about this one (Mrs. ShneaSIG is Chinese):

"Hey, Mrs. ShneaSIG, some white teenager wore a qipao to prom and some snowflakes are losing their minds."

"Really? What idiots!"

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
To everyone causing so much negativity: I mean no disrespect to the Chinese culture. I’m simply showing my appreciation to their culture. I’m not deleting my post because I’ve done nothing but show my love for the culture. It’s a fucking dress. And it’s beautiful.

This should be the response to PC bullying, every time. Basically: Fuck off!

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11216 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Regardless of the author, it is dead nuts ON!

Good for her to recognize that and post it... She'll survive nicely in this mixed up world, I'll wager! It appears the me that she has her head on pretty damn straight at the moment.

Don
edited to add: I was referring to the flow chart! Fast moving thread this morning, and I missed the 2nd page! Wink

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:

* People from Germany should wear wooden shoes?

Lederhosen, all Germans wear lederhosen and drink beer delivered by busty bar maids.

Well damn, I guess Hooters is going to have to shut down now.

Posts: 2007 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Good for her.

Here’s my granddaughter. Let’s see how many people she can offend.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8174 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
She's adorable, Chowser!

-ShneaSIG

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Here's my little cutie, engaged in a bit of her own "cultural appropriation."

-ShneaSIG

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
^^^

Beautiful!

I don’t get these ignorant people. It’s the 21st century. We need to become just the human race.

I was in NC with my exwife (white) and our two kids to visit my oldest son (asian/black) and his wife (black/white) and their daughter (pictured earlier) and when we took her out without my son or his wife (giving them a break), no one gave us a second look, even with my granddaughter dressed that way.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8174 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Some folks just look for a reason to "be offended" as if it's their badge of honor.

That picture is from last week when we were in China, visiting our overseas family. From the reactions of the other Chinese people in the park, they thought my daughter was very cute, and told us as much, being very kind to us and her and even some snapping their own photos.

Stupid snowflakes!

-ShneaSIG

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Folks,

This is why in the future there are unitards.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10755 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
Some folks just look for a reason to "be offended" as if it's their badge of honor....Stupid snowflakes!

Maybe for some (like liberals), claiming to be offended is the only game they have. Roll Eyes

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Virtue-signalling as a "victim"...who can elicit the most public-sympathy-victim contest Mad

quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
Some folks just look for a reason to "be offended" as if it's their badge of honor....Stupid snowflakes!

Maybe for some (like liberals), claiming to be offended is the only game they have. Roll Eyes

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4364 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Look at those precious little faces.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post