SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Car cuts off motorcycle, car gets kicked by biker, then spins out retaliating..
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Car cuts off motorcycle, car gets kicked by biker, then spins out retaliating.. Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Another car pulling into the carpool lane and not looking, this time though the motorcyclist has time to avoid the car, being upset he kicks car so hard it spins out (not really he kicks the car to warn it) and the car driver tries to run him over and ends up wrecking their car..

All recorded for your viewing pleasure...

hell of a kick... Big Grin
Video at Link

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SipVcZZA94s

Posts: 24233 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's not what happens in the video. The driver of the car swerves and this is what causes the accident.

The Laws of Physics are intact.

Also, the video looks doctored. Since when do cars explode when banging into a wall like that?

Posts: 109048 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Both parties are wrong. The MC rider better hope he can't be ID'd because he's the bigger a-hole in that incident, and could face both criminal and civil liability.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
That's not what happens in the video. The driver of the car swerves and this is what causes the accident.

The Laws of Physics are intact.

Also, the video looks doctored. Since when do cars explode when banging into a wall like that?

True that is what happened, however in keeping with the trend of interweb reporting, wrote it the most absurd and nonfactual way.... aka biker kicked car into spin... Big Grin

Posts: 24233 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, you're asking for this thread to be locked? Misleading subject lines are unwelcome in this forum. Really, they are most unwelcome.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
Both parties are wrong. The MC rider better hope he can't be ID'd because he's the bigger a-hole in that incident, and could face both criminal and civil liability.

Not sure which video you watched, but from what I can gather, the guy on the bike is letting the offending car know that there is someone else already in the lane. The driver of the car either over-reacted when they were startled by someone else already being in the lane or they purposely tried to hit the guy on the bike as retaliation for kicking their car. I've seen instances like this play out a few times in Phoenix. A few guys I knew carried a length of chain they would use to smack a car with when they were too close. It's easy to lay blame on the guy on the bike because he was clearly out of the way because he showed great situational awareness, but honestly, I think anyone who comes that close to dying has a right to be upset, especially because the road was clear in front of the car that caused all of this, and there was no need to even get in that lane!

Posts: 2859 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
That video doesn't include the entire event. From the article:

quote:
Tim Morrison and Chris Traber, who shot the video, were on their way to work when they say the driver of the silver sedan cut in front of the motorcyclist. The incident continued to escalate between the two motorists so Traber decided to start recording on his cellphone.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6367 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
That wasn't an explosion. Just sparks from the metal scraping on either the concrete or other metal parts of the car.

Posts: 734 | Location: Tucson | Registered: May 21, 2008Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
So, you're asking for this thread to be locked? Misleading subject lines are unwelcome in this forum. Really, they are most unwelcome.

No, just trying to be silly not subversive in the title, I'll change it...

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thank you

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I think the sparks are the metal of the fender dragging on concrete barrier

Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Video looks like a "Two wrongs don't make a right." scenario.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Lotta needless grief and destruction to those not involved...because of a couple of dicks...sorry, that's how I see things like this.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My guess is that both drivers had been jawing at each other for a while. The MC rider kicking the door didn't help and I think the car swerves at the MC in retaliation for kicking his door - then physics take over as they are wont to do. I'd imagine the MC rider is on the hook for hit and run.

P229

Posts: 3946 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
You mean "kick and run"???? Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:

Not sure which video you watched, but from what I can gather, the guy on the bike is letting the offending car know that there is someone else already in the lane. The driver of the car either over-reacted when they were startled by someone else already being in the lane or they purposely tried to hit the guy on the bike as retaliation for kicking their car. I've seen instances like this play out a few times in Phoenix. A few guys I knew carried a length of chain they would use to smack a car with when they were too close. It's easy to lay blame on the guy on the bike because he was clearly out of the way because he showed great situational awareness, but honestly, I think anyone who comes that close to dying has a right to be upset, especially because the road was clear in front of the car that caused all of this, and there was no need to even get in that lane!

Leaving scene of accident failure to render aid.

Posts: 5015 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9367 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Unless there was more prior to that, it looked like the car driver was startled by the kick, swerved and totally lost control

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Most HOV lanes only allow entrance at certain spots, otherwise it's a solid line no pass zone...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8671 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I would say the Bike was fully allowed to kick the car.. Would it have been better to let the car continue until he hit the bike?

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9088 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Report This Post