SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Car cuts off motorcycle, car gets kicked by biker, then spins out retaliating..
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Car cuts off motorcycle, car gets kicked by biker, then spins out retaliating.. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It appeared the cyclist took off. Hope the guy in truck is ok.

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zecpull:
I would say the Bike was fully allowed to kick the car.. Would it have been better to let the car continue until he hit the bike?
There are things on motorcycles, actuated by the right hand and right foot, called brakes, that he could have used to avoid the car. A kick from a human leg is not going to stop a car.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
Both parties are wrong. The MC rider better hope he can't be ID'd because he's the bigger a-hole in that incident, and could face both criminal and civil liability.

Not sure which video you watched, but from what I can gather, the guy on the bike is letting the offending car know that there is someone else already in the lane. The driver of the car either over-reacted when they were startled by someone else already being in the lane or they purposely tried to hit the guy on the bike as retaliation for kicking their car. I've seen instances like this play out a few times in Phoenix. A few guys I knew carried a length of chain they would use to smack a car with when they were too close. It's easy to lay blame on the guy on the bike because he was clearly out of the way because he showed great situational awareness, but honestly, I think anyone who comes that close to dying has a right to be upset, especially because the road was clear in front of the car that caused all of this, and there was no need to even get in that lane!

Not sure what world you are living in, but damaging someone elses property (kicking a car) is not the correct, legal or even the remotely sane response for being accidentally cut off. You think if a car is cut off he should then speed up and ram the other car possibly causing a severe crash? Notice how the biker procedes to leave the scene of the accident instead of pulling over?
Those "guys carrying chains" deserve to get run over.

Posts: 1081 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Report This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Motorscooter definitely should not have kicked the car, but let's be honest, it wasn't a life threatening action and the car didn't "lose control" from what I could see. They reacted angrily and swerved to hit the biker, which was an attempt to at least wreck him. Any reasonable person knew that move might kill the biker, yet they did it.

Motorcycle definitely left the scene fast, and should face some charges for that. The white SUV, which was innocent of anything, looks to have wrecked badly. Wonder what the outcome of the wreck was?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We don't know if the rider left the scene do we? Further, while I wouldn't kick a car for multiple reasons, causing minor property damage is way less severe of a "wrong" than attempted vehicular homicide...

Either way, car idiot, followed by biker idiot followed by car idiot really getting idiotic.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Looks to me like the car driver was startled after hearing or feeling the kick, and reacted badly.

That biker is a fucking asshole, and since he took off, he knew he was in the wrong. With a little luck, karma, or the law will find him. I'd be ok with karma.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12920 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
At some point you just have acknowledge that the other driver is a idiot and let it go. You don't know how crazy the other person is these days.

In this case the guy on the bike is in deep trouble for leaving the scene, especially since someone was injured.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Looks to me like the car driver was startled after hearing or feeling the kick, and reacted badly.

That biker is a fucking asshole, and since he took off, he knew he was in the wrong. With a little luck, karma, or the law will find him. I'd be ok with karma.

It's pretty obvious to me that the car was trying to hit the biker (scooterer?) after he kicked him.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
^^^ I'm not sure. A solid brake stomp would have done it. The swerve into the solid barrier looked pretty uncontrolled to me.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12920 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Man - that caddy truck flopped right over!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1766 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Interesting how we see different results looking at the same thing.

Was the biker wrong for kicking the car, well if he just rode down the road, pulled up and kicked in the door, sure, but if it's as I see it, the car enters the space a bike is in and right on top of the bike, they presented a clear threat to safety, choices are to brake, swerve or be hit.

JMO that after the kick the cars move was deliberate at the bike in order to intimidate the bike in retaliation for the kick, I'm sure the car driver thought they were in the right to go into the lane and the bike felt they were too close.

That second move by the car I'm betting the driver tried to move back and over corrected, but it appears clear that the car initiated the contact on purpose, it doesn't appear to be accidental. Again JMO...

As to the bike stopping or not, the video ends so we don't know, and if not it clearly is a violation, however the driver of the car again JMO was just as much an asshole, and in charge of a 3000 pound weapon he/she used to assault the biker.

I hope the SUV folks are ok...

The smart thing for the bike would have been to back off, flip the bird and chalk it up to riding around assholes... As I've told many a friend upset with cars around them, remember, they have a 4000 pound car, you have an 800 pound bike, you will lose....

unless you have a foot like Beckham....

Posts: 24233 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
It's pretty obvious to me that more than a few people only watched the video and didn't read the article... Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6367 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:

It's pretty obvious to me that the car was trying to hit the biker (scooterer?) after he kicked him.
This seems to be the consensus on every forum I've seen this video on as well. It is also my conclusion.

I've kicked cars before. Sometimes you barely have time to react when a car unexpectedly and/or illegally merges lanes into you.

The driver of this car attempted to kill the motorcycle rider, twice. Once possibly (we don't know) on accident, once definitely on purpose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13986 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Report This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I don't think there is any way to tell if the car deliberately swerved into the bike or was startled by hearing a bang on his fender. You just can't really tell for sure. It looks deliberate, but I think you have to admit you really can't tell.

The biker was wrong to kick the car, I think. I would have focused on swerving and braking, but not on a kick, even if it was meant as a mere warning.

The car was obviously crowding the bike (can't say if it was accidental or deliberate), and then lost control after the violent maneuver.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53238 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
From the start of the video, which is when the car started moving into the next lane, until the MC guys kicked the car, it's almost 5 seconds. You mean to tell me, kicking the car, instead of speeding up or slowing down to get out of harm's way is the correct thing to do? The MC guy is a total asshole, here.

Q

Posts: 27513 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I'll drop this quote from the article one more time, because potato. Wink

quote:
Tim Morrison and Chris Traber, who shot the video, were on their way to work when they say the driver of the silver sedan cut in front of the motorcyclist. The incident continued to escalate between the two motorists so Traber decided to start recording on his cellphone.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6367 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
From the video, the motorcyclist is the aggressor. Regardless of the auto drivers actions, he was behind the car and was not in danger.

Posts: 1464 | Registered: November 07, 2013Report This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
If you ride a motorcycle, you have to be pretty damn stupid to try and argue with someone in a car.

Slow down, back off.
It's really not that big of a deal.
Often cagers just don't see you. If that happens, it is absolutely NOT necessary to escalate the situation.
Don't let your ego write checks that you can't cash.

If that motorcyclist keeps up that kind of behavior, he's going to end up flatter than a pancake soon.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Report This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I'm with the motorcyclist. The driver of the 4-wheeled vehicle would not have passed my driving test - didn't even realize that sudden turns at high speed are dangerous??? The driver was too interested in screwing with the biker, IMO.

Remember: motorcyclists have to pay registration fees, pay for their DL with a motorcycle endorsement, and have to pay for liability insurance. They have every right to use the roads as anyone else.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10830 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
From the video, the motorcyclist is the aggressor. Regardless of the auto drivers actions, he was behind the car and was not in danger.

Where in the video, other than after the attempted ramming by the car, was the motorcycle behind the car?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post