SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dumped "Verizon" picked up "T-Mobile"...........couldn't be.......
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dumped "Verizon" picked up "T-Mobile"...........couldn't be....... Login/Join 
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by skywag:
The ONLY downside is that they included a free subscription to Netflix. I would never watch that WOKE BS.....NEVER.
Believe me, I understand your feelings about Netflix, but you're looking at this the wrong way.

T-Mobile has already paid the subscription fee for all of it customers. Netflix gets nothing from you one way or the other, and you don't have a say in the matter. So, you can use their bandwidth, and though it's a drop in the ocean, your are using their resources.

As to content- did you know that right now on Netflix, you can watch Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now: Redux, Dirty Harry, The Guns of Navarone, The Professionals, The Long Riders, Taxi Driver, The Irishman, Wind River, Hell or High Water and more?

You can also go into their LGBTQIA+%&*#ZX-47 section and give a thumbs down to everything. Razz

As a customer, you can also email them. Imagine the possibilities. Wink

Great point. Also, Netfilx made a good move yesterday with the release to all their woke employees telling them to pound sand.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Re: free Netflix
I’ve said it before: 5G is going to give the wire line Internet providers a big headache. And we will enjoy it.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
Mint Mobile may be a good option for some of you. They use the T-Mobile network. Both of our kids use them and are very happy. Might want to check it out.

https://www.mintmobile.com/

Posts: 349 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigbuck5:
Mint Mobile may be a good option for some of you. They use the T-Mobile network. Both of our kids use them and are very happy. Might want to check it out.

https://www.mintmobile.com/
I swapped T-Mobile for Mint and have been very happy with my decision. Basically same T-Mobile cellular service for way less coin. I think I pay $180/year for my line.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by clang:
Another good thing about T-Mobile is they have a plan for military and vets.

So does Verizon and AT&T. Others might also.

First Responders too..

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
T-Mobile Magenta MAX 55+ for two lines is pretty good savings over AT&T. Just need to be at least 55 years old. You can look up the details and see what you get, including free Netflix, Canada/Mexico calling etc, etc.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's what my wife and I got, the Magenta thingy. I will not miss Verizon, not one single bit.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
You guys are lucky you have a choice!

Where I live Verizon is my only 'commercial' option for internet service. I am presently connected to wifi through a private service. I use the word "presently" loosely as the big wind storm we had a couple days ago blew down the tower I get my service from.

I use Verizon for my cell phone service so it looks like I may be signing up for their internet too.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
From what I hear, they'll be gettin' indoor plumbing soon in your area.

I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Plumbing!! What's that? Big Grin

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Re: free Netflix
I’ve said it before: 5G is going to give the wire line Internet providers a big headache. And we will enjoy it.

I recently dumped my hardwired internet for Tmobile 5G service. $50 a month and plenty fast to stream 2 TVs and surf the web.

Posts: 300 | Location: Canyon Lake, TX | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What kind of speeds are you getting with that? With Charter Spectrum, I'm getting 115 Mbps down and 11 Mbps up.

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, my wife and I did that and we, too, are happy. Unlimited data, lower monthly bills, better customer service.

I figured they sent Carly to pay you a visit and made you an offer you couldn't refuse. Big Grin

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ah, my willowy goddess...

Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
quote:
From what I hear, they'll be gettin' indoor plumbing soon in your area.

I think that's just for hospitals.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What kind of speeds are you getting with that? With Charter Spectrum, I'm getting 115 Mbps down and 11 Mbps up.

I have a good 5G signal at the house and get a minimum 125 down/ 50 up. It's highly variable due to traffic, I guess. I have seen as high as 200 down/ 100 up.
Signal strength is important. My phones are Tmobile so I was confident in signal strength.

Posts: 300 | Location: Canyon Lake, TX | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've got Cox for Internet and just tested my download and upload speeds.

267.29 Down and 11.2 up.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post