SIGforum
Dumped "Verizon" picked up "T-Mobile"...........couldn't be.......

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9310020294

May 14, 2022, 01:43 PM
LBTRS
Dumped "Verizon" picked up "T-Mobile"...........couldn't be.......
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by skywag:
The ONLY downside is that they included a free subscription to Netflix. I would never watch that WOKE BS.....NEVER.
Believe me, I understand your feelings about Netflix, but you're looking at this the wrong way.

T-Mobile has already paid the subscription fee for all of it customers. Netflix gets nothing from you one way or the other, and you don't have a say in the matter. So, you can use their bandwidth, and though it's a drop in the ocean, your are using their resources.

As to content- did you know that right now on Netflix, you can watch Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now: Redux, Dirty Harry, The Guns of Navarone, The Professionals, The Long Riders, Taxi Driver, The Irishman, Wind River, Hell or High Water and more?

You can also go into their LGBTQIA+%&*#ZX-47 section and give a thumbs down to everything. Razz

As a customer, you can also email them. Imagine the possibilities. Wink

Great point. Also, Netfilx made a good move yesterday with the release to all their woke employees telling them to pound sand.

May 14, 2022, 02:23 PM
Pipe Smoker
Re: free Netflix
I’ve said it before: 5G is going to give the wire line Internet providers a big headache. And we will enjoy it.

Serious about crackers
May 14, 2022, 02:35 PM
Bigbuck5
Mint Mobile may be a good option for some of you. They use the T-Mobile network. Both of our kids use them and are very happy. Might want to check it out.

https://www.mintmobile.com/
May 14, 2022, 11:57 PM
bigdeal
quote:
Originally posted by Bigbuck5:
Mint Mobile may be a good option for some of you. They use the T-Mobile network. Both of our kids use them and are very happy. Might want to check it out.

https://www.mintmobile.com/
I swapped T-Mobile for Mint and have been very happy with my decision. Basically same T-Mobile cellular service for way less coin. I think I pay $180/year for my line.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter
May 15, 2022, 07:06 AM
sig 226
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by clang:
Another good thing about T-Mobile is they have a plan for military and vets.

So does Verizon and AT&T. Others might also.

First Responders too..

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus
May 15, 2022, 10:07 AM
2PAK
T-Mobile Magenta MAX 55+ for two lines is pretty good savings over AT&T. Just need to be at least 55 years old. You can look up the details and see what you get, including free Netflix, Canada/Mexico calling etc, etc.
May 15, 2022, 10:13 AM
parabellum
Yeah, that's what my wife and I got, the Magenta thingy. I will not miss Verizon, not one single bit.
May 15, 2022, 10:34 AM
ggile
You guys are lucky you have a choice!

Where I live Verizon is my only 'commercial' option for internet service. I am presently connected to wifi through a private service. I use the word "presently" loosely as the big wind storm we had a couple days ago blew down the tower I get my service from.

I use Verizon for my cell phone service so it looks like I may be signing up for their internet too.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin
May 15, 2022, 10:37 AM
parabellum
From what I hear, they'll be gettin' indoor plumbing soon in your area.

May 15, 2022, 10:40 AM
ggile
Plumbing!! What's that? Big Grin

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin
May 15, 2022, 11:37 AM
F_L
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Re: free Netflix
I’ve said it before: 5G is going to give the wire line Internet providers a big headache. And we will enjoy it.

I recently dumped my hardwired internet for Tmobile 5G service. $50 a month and plenty fast to stream 2 TVs and surf the web.
May 15, 2022, 12:07 PM
parabellum
What kind of speeds are you getting with that? With Charter Spectrum, I'm getting 115 Mbps down and 11 Mbps up.
May 15, 2022, 12:21 PM
iron chef
quote:
Yeah, my wife and I did that and we, too, are happy. Unlimited data, lower monthly bills, better customer service.

I figured they sent Carly to pay you a visit and made you an offer you couldn't refuse. Big Grin

May 15, 2022, 12:31 PM
parabellum
Ah, my willowy goddess...
May 15, 2022, 01:41 PM
papaac
quote:
From what I hear, they'll be gettin' indoor plumbing soon in your area.

I think that's just for hospitals.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke
May 15, 2022, 01:54 PM
F_L
quote:
What kind of speeds are you getting with that? With Charter Spectrum, I'm getting 115 Mbps down and 11 Mbps up.

I have a good 5G signal at the house and get a minimum 125 down/ 50 up. It's highly variable due to traffic, I guess. I have seen as high as 200 down/ 100 up.
Signal strength is important. My phones are Tmobile so I was confident in signal strength.
May 15, 2022, 02:30 PM
Flash-LB
I've got Cox for Internet and just tested my download and upload speeds.

267.29 Down and 11.2 up.