SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Going under the knife tomorrow to have some parts replaced… ~Two days Post-op update~~ **Pg 5**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Going under the knife tomorrow to have some parts replaced… ~Two days Post-op update~~ **Pg 5** Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Glad all went well!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Glad everything went well!!!

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear!

I'm impressed you're out so quickly. I take that as a very good sign.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38648 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Great news!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen. We can rebuild him. We have the technology. 911 Boss will be that man. Better than he was before. Better. Stronger. Faster. /911Boss Theme Music/

Posts: 7350 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Glad it went well, Boss, praying for your quick and complete recovery.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear surgery went well. Praying for a quick recovery.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
Gentlemen. We can rebuild him. We have the technology. 911 Boss will be that man. Better than he was before. Better. Stronger. Faster. /911Boss Theme Music/

Do do do d d d d

(How do you transcribe those sounds?)

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Late to the party, glad it went well.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Great news! Get well soon!

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2103 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
I survived! Everything went well, home now and going to get some rest.

Will post update late.

Glad to hear it. How do you feel?

I had surgery on L5/S1 twice in about three weeks last year. Amazing how much better I felt and how quickly (that almost immediate reherniation was a bitch, though).

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
First off thanks to all those who took time to lift up a prayer or thought, post a comment of offer info. This group is just amazing.

That said, as it turns out the "It's not as bad as I expected, doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would..." idea evidently lasts exactly the same length of time as the Operating Room Pain Meds do.

I took my first Oxy, prescribed to last 6 hours, and went to sleep. Exactly three and a half hours later a Magical Ninja entered my room and cast a spell on me rendering me unable to see, hear, or move. He then stealthily removed my neck brace and beat the ever loving shit out of my throat with the wide end of a Pool Cue before gently replacing the neck brace, removing his spell, and exiting unseen to watch me writhe around in the pain of his beating.

Other than that, I am very happy so far. I am experiencing some IMMEDIATE relief/reduction from the tingling sensation in my fingers. Still some numbness but the tingling and numbness sensations seemed to have separated with almost no tingling but some residual numbness (if that makes any sense).

Pain reflecting down arm and into elbow is GONE. Now I can't say for certain if that is from the surgery or the high-end narcotics but for the first time since November I have NO arm pain. Early on I had some RX pain meds and left over hydrocodone from my wife's dental work and while they helped, they never took the pain away completely. O.R. meds are gone now and just on Oxy for the pain, so that seems like a good sign to me.

#NewNeckNewMe

quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:

Big Grin Hmm, just my neck... Not sure what super powers I could get from a bionic neck but hopefully come summer I be cruising in the Bronco with the top off like this...

"Come with me if you want to live..."</Austrian Accent>

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10930 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Still praying for you

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The 12 gauge auto loader
The 45 long slide with laser sighting
Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range
The Uzi 9mm

You can’t do that!
WRONG!

glad to hear it went well. Prayers for recovery.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range

Hey, just what you see, pal!

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Hope you continue to heal well. Glad to read your updates.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8523 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it went well. Now get healed up, pack up the bronco and come stay in AZ for a few days of springtime off roading!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
.... I am experiencing some IMMEDIATE relief/reduction from the tingling sensation in my fingers. Still some numbness but the tingling and numbness sensations seemed to have separated with almost no tingling but some residual numbness (if that makes any sense).

....Pain reflecting down arm and into elbow is GONE. Now I can't say for certain if that is from the surgery or the high-end narcotics....

This is wonderful to hear, thank goodness for modern medical procedures and medicines. Heal up soon.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7084 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Didn’t reply before, but you’ve been, and will be in my prayers, man. Rest up.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post