SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    City of Atlanta hit by ransomware attack
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

City of Atlanta hit by ransomware attack Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
ransomeware.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Your spellcheck is broken. It should be ran some where.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buddy357:
City of Baltimore sites for paying bills online (water, property tax, speed cameras, etc) have been down since May 7th because of ransomeware. I think we’ll see a lot more of this.

I heard on the radio today that it is costing 18 million dollars to recover from this. I’m guessing it would have been better to pay the ransom and use the budget to secure the system.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I heard on the radio today that it is costing 18 million dollars to recover from this. I’m guessing it would have been better to pay the ransom and use the budget to secure the system.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Maybe they should getting better software. In IT language IMPROVE THEIR SECURITY POSTURE UTILIZING ENHANCED CUSTOMER FACING APPLICATIONS.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post