SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Is How You deal with the BATF Maggots
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Is How You deal with the BATF Maggots Login/Join 
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
He should have just told them he was a Treasury Officer.

Exactly. Who would claim to be that, who was not?

Posts: 543 | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:

I’m really sick of the constantly moving target WRT language. I’ve lived long enough to see “negro > colored > black > African-American”, and now kinda back to “black” again.

At one point “Queer” was off limits. Now it’s back on the menu, with it even included in the LGBTQ… string. At one point you could say “midget”, but now you have to say “little people,” notwithstanding that’s exactly what “midget” means.

I’m just getting to old to have to change my language every few years. If people get offended, then that’s their problem.
Exactly. When I was in grade school back in the 1940s and first learning geography, "Oriental" meant associated with the Far East and was in no way a disparaging term. A person from that part of the world was referred to as Oriental and there was no insult, no hurt feelings.

Since then, and I'm not sure when this happened nor the reason for it, it seems that "Oriental" is now a disparaging term and we should use "Asian." Confused

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30719 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that is half Filipino and half white (but claims to be Asian on the census),
She told me that Asians are the people and Oriental is the food.

PC

Posts: 1342 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Who makes up this shit about what words are good or bad?

Over my lifetime, we’ve gone from fighting is bad to words are bad to looks are bad to manners are bad. Who’s the authority on this pussification?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12752 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
twitter has a video of an ATFag trying to get in to a residential home to check on a gun

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ss9961:
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
He should have just told them he was a Treasury Officer.

Exactly. Who would claim to be that, who was not?

Smile

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PCWyoming:
I have a friend that is half Filipino and half white (but claims to be Asian on the census),
She told me that Asians are the people and Oriental is the food.

That's just brainwashed bullshit.

V-Tail is right.

Q

Posts: 26465 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Of course the lady isn’t going to open the door if you are banging on it and yelling at her with zero visible identification as law enforcement and not showing her any credentials.

I can see him going alone on a “follow-up” if there was no intent to confiscate the shotgun, but not even wearing a concealed ballistic vest is probably against agency protocols. Also not showing agency credentials while knocking on the door is probably against agency protocols; if not, it should be. I guarantee he has a second badge to the one in his wallet to be worn on his belt or around his neck. I also guarantee he had at least an ATF jacket and a ballistic carrier that said ATF in the vehicle. Had he been wearing anything identifiable exposed showing he was a federal agent and not been an ass banging on the lady’s door things would have probably gone a lot different. Sure she still might not have opened the door and still called the local police. That is where his next set of errors occurred when local LE responded and how he acted. He himself caused everything that took place.

Anyone know the outcome of the allegations of him stealing wine in 2015? Obviously he wasn’t fired.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post