SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shep is gone!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shep is gone! Login/Join 
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Most people who watch fox pretty much change channels when he is on, probably run commercials when he is on and get more viewers.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that the sound of beer cans popping open to celebrate I hear? No Champaign for real men.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
No doubt will end up at his more appropriate new home, either Commie News Network or PMSNBC.

Or a Turkish bathhouse.
He can answer the question,”ever see a man naked”?

There's a rumor that he will have a starring role in a movie about gladiators.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
source is Daily Beast, but have seen something similar elsewhere

https://www.thedailybeast.com/...g-down-from-fox-news

A Fox insider told The Daily Beast that Smith was sick of being attacked by his primetime colleagues and asked for a way out of his contract. An effort was made to appease him, the insider said, but he ultimately decided to leave Fox behind.

A source close to Fox News management said the thinking among network brass was that the lucrative evening ratings outweighed the need to keep Smith happy while paying him $15 million a year for his daytime role that did not bring in as many viewers.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

can't find the other source I saw, but it was reported that Smith was told to not attack Tucker Carlson

https://www.businessinsider.co...o-trump-bias-2019-10

Smith criticized Carlson for failing to defend their colleague Judge Andrew Napolitano when a guest on Carlson's segment called Napolitano "a fool."

A Fox News insider told CNN that Fox's failure to defend either Napolitano or Smith after the incident factored into his decision to leave. Early speculation online after Smith's announcement, including from Trump, left many wondering whether executives had forced him out due to his willingness to criticize the Trump administration. But insiders say Smith's managers asked him to stay.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
And the horse you rode in on, there Shep. The horse you rode in on...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

A source close to Fox News management said the thinking among network brass was that the lucrative evening ratings outweighed the need to keep Smith happy while paying him $15 million a year for his daytime role that did not bring in as many viewers.

Kidding me? I'd bet Smith was actually costing Fox viewers. If I have that channel on, and it happens to be 3pm, I immediately change the channel to OANN or Fox Business. And most times I never change it back until the 8pm hour if I ever even do. I don't know a single person who tuned into Fox just for this idiot's show. And they were paying him how much? Goodness.

Just watch, I bet the afternoon ratings actually improve now on FNC.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
while paying him $15 million a year

$15MM per year??

I have been in the wrong business!!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2159 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
And the horse you rode in on, there Shep. The horse you rode in on...

Horse or goat?

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10993 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Just watch, I bet the afternoon ratings actually improve now on FNC.

You're probably right. Look, he is in CNN territory.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17192 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few surprising things I've learned in the last couple of pages in this thread:

- Smith is paid $15 million/year for the shit that comes out of his mouth. Incredibly stupid of Fox (or anyone really).

- Smith hates Trump so much that he just couldn't stand his $15MM/yr job one second longer and had to leave and go to $0/yr. (At least that's the reason he is giving regarding his departure). Brilliant scheme Shep!

- Maddow has more viewers than either Carlson or Hannity??? I find that very hard to believe.

Posts: 5030 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Oh, if Shep or his agent had any brains there was a buyout clause in the contract and he's getting paid something for the no-compete period.

Gotta admit, though, I got a good horselaugh out of Maddow beating Anderson 3:1 or so.

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Now that he is gone, who do you think they will replace him with?
Napalitano, Juan, Donna Brazile? Roll Eyes

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4889 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
A Fox insider told The Daily Beast that Smith was sick of being attacked by his primetime colleagues and asked for a way out of his contract. An effort was made to appease him, the insider said, but he ultimately decided to leave Fox behind.
I think this is the most likely explanation. He's got more than enough money to retire very comfortably and he couldn't handle the push-back from conservative hosts at Fox, so he's taking his Barbie Doll and going home. Also, I imagine that Smith saw the handwriting on the wall. Biden will be knocked out of the race, the phony impeachment will fail miserably, and in 13 months, Donald Trump will be re-elected. He bailed. nobody forced him out. He doesn't have the courage of his convictions, so he's giving up.

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Maybe AJ Barr's meeting and talk with Murdoch had something to do with it. Maybe more of them will be leaving?

https://www.vanityfair.com/new...-with-rupert-murdoch

Posts: 11894 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
Maybe AJ Barr's meeting and talk with Murdoch had something to do with it. Maybe more of them will be leaving?

https://www.vanityfair.com/new...-with-rupert-murdoch
Yes, it's possible, but, again, if the Murdochs caved to the Trump Administration on this, they would be putting themselves in a bad position. This would mean that anytime the Trump Administration didn't care for some reporter or anchor, they could get them removed. Seems highly unlikely to me.
Furthermore, what would stop Smith from revealing this information if he was forced out? If he was coerced to leave, he'd be furious and we would know about it.

No, I think the most likely explanation is that Smith just couldn't stand the heat, so he's getting out of the kitchen.

Also, it's like Tony Soprano said about his evil bitch of a mother when she didn't show up at some family function: "It's called negative attention-gettin'." Poor, poor Shep, so valuable yet so abused, so he's just gonna leave and let everyone talk about it. "Negative attention-gettin'"

**edit**

Ha Ha, I found it.

https://www.springfieldspringf...ranos&episode=s01e11

Tony: Every year we have this open house, and every year she pulls the same shit. It's what they call "negative attention gettin'."

Carmela: Maybe I should call her back.

Tony: That's just what she wants you to do.

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to hear!

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Fare thee well, Felicia!

Can't stand his Trump hating bias or his phony baloney disaster reporting.

Posts: 10811 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
A few surprising things I've learned in the last couple of pages in this thread:

- Smith is paid $15 million/year for the shit that comes out of his mouth. Incredibly stupid of Fox (or anyone really).

- Smith hates Trump so much that he just couldn't stand his $15MM/yr job one second longer and had to leave and go to $0/yr. (At least that's the reason he is giving regarding his departure). Brilliant scheme Shep!

- Maddow has more viewers than either Carlson or Hannity??? I find that very hard to believe.
I agree. I doubt anyone tops Hannity.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
You should listen to that weasel Chuck Todd. He even comes on Washington Ch4 at times and spews lies or falsehoods.

If people listen to the same song and dance continuously, they begin to believe the claims.

Posts: 11894 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
source is Daily Beast, but have seen something similar elsewhere

https://www.thedailybeast.com/...g-down-from-fox-news

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

can't find the other source I saw, but it was reported that Smith was told to not attack Tucker Carlson

https://www.businessinsider.co...o-trump-bias-2019-10

Smith criticized Carlson for failing to defend their colleague Judge Andrew Napolitano when a guest on Carlson's segment called Napolitano "a fool."

A Fox News insider told CNN that Fox's failure to defend either Napolitano or Smith after the incident factored into his decision to leave. Early speculation online after Smith's announcement, including from Trump, left many wondering whether executives had forced him out due to his willingness to criticize the Trump administration. But insiders say Smith's managers asked him to stay.

So he really quit his job over being but hurt? You'd think he'd be an expert at it.

The only person I know who is outraged by his firing, my mom. She doesn't even watch Fox, she's a pussy hatter.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21141 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post