SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shep is gone!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shep is gone! Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Yeah, he left on his own? BS
And they begged him to stay! Razz
Actually, they did according to Brian Stetler. Roll Eyes And Smith left because he was the only real journalist left at FOX and just couldn't stand dealing with all the Trump "sycophants". Roll Eyes Roll Eyes https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11...ard-smith/index.html

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23690 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
AMF, you will not be missed.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36898 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard yet, but has anyone announced which other network he's landing at? No way he's walking away from the limelight willingly at this age. CNN maybe? I'd love that, because I don't even know what channel that is on my set, so I'd never. see. him. again. ever.

ETA: just reread and saw the no compete clause.
Does not compute.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I feel great that I changed channels instead of enduring his final broadcast but I might have kept on watching if I had only known it was his swan song. Color me conflicted Wink

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4248 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Ba bye bitch, you won't be missed.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10994 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Made my day!!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
VERY good news, from FOX, for a change. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammer1967
posted Hide Post
Awsome

If Jesus would have had a gun he would be alive today. Homer Simpson
“Him plenty dead” Tonto

Posts: 1092 | Location: TN | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I have never see Smith's show not ever, so I guess I won't miss him too much. Smile
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1731 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"He really does leave a gaping hole"
mmmmmmNo, I'm certain he took that with him.

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
This thread is giving me the best laughs I've had in a while...... Smile

Posts: 1299 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
"The news side is definitely losing with Shep gone."

How could anyone possibly say that with a straight face. Shep was one of the least objective news people on TV. He editorialized nearly everything.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
Happy, happy, joy, joy!!

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And then, there's this:

MSNBC guest claims it's 'explicit' that White House dictated Shepard Smith ousting at Fox

Don't you love the hypocrisy? "Fox is state TV." This, coming from MSNBC, a network which absolutely worships Barack Obama and which used every tool in its propaganda tool kit to get Hillary Clinton elected!

So, three possibilities here-

• Smith's sudden departure from FoxNews is merely coincidental with the Barr/Murdoch meeting. MSNBC's pure speculation (and it is pure speculation. Nothing is "explicit" in any of this except the assumptions of people who know nothing about the nature of the Barr/Murdoch meeting) is merely wishful thinking on their part. You know that if MSNBC was able to magically create the reality of the reason behind Smith's sudden departure, this is how they would have it happen, so, this is wishful thinking on their part. Trump = evil manipulator and enemy of the free press. Roll Eyes

• The Trump administration did effect the ouster of Smith. I find this unlikely, as it would set a precedent for the Trump administration to re-form FoxNews as they desire. If the Murdoch's acquiesced to such strong-arming from the Trump administration, they would be doing themselves a great disservice.

• The Trump administration indirectly influenced the decision of the Murdochs. Now, follow me here: Did you watch the rally Thursday night? I found myself very surprised to see Donald Trump Jr. come out before his father and go out of his way to praise FoxNews. "We love FoxNews, don't we? Aren't they great?", eliciting applause from the crowd. And then Donald Trump himself coming out and saying pretty much the same thing about Fox. Don't you find this odd, given the blatantly, glaringly biased poll that Fox issued earlier in the week, saying that 51% of the American public support impeaching the President?
    That was really odd. And then the President, as he does always at these rallies, lambasting the "Fake News". What if there was a subtle message in all of that? What if the message was "That's a nice news orgnization you got there. It would be a shame if anything happened to it." Because Fox might then find themselves named explicitly as "Fake News" by the President. What effect might that have on their viewership and therefore their ratings and therefore their financial bottom line? Notice, also that this week, President Trump openly praised OANN. If you were a FoxNews executive, what might you make of this?
    If any pressure was applied to the Murdochs, this is how it was done. Think about it. Why the praise for FoxNews from both the President and his son? Not only the poll would suggest that their attitudes would be the opposite of what the two of them displayed Thursday night, but also President Trump's direct criticism of Fox earlier this week, via his Twitter account. He was quite direct in his remarks, and named this jerk Smith as one of the reasons.

Also- just an observation- On the FoxNews website, the article they have about Shepard Smith leaving does not allow commentary. Most FoxNews articles do allow such commentary from registered users on that site. Isn't it deliciously ironic that when discussing Smith, there's no flaming allowed? Razz
  •  
    Frangas non Flectes
    Picture of P220 Smudge
    posted Hide Post
    I missed Don Jr’s speech, but now that you mention it, I did have a bit of a “that’s weird, because they don’t really seem to be on team Deporables” when he was praising Fox, and it also caught my attention when he spoke highly of OANN, Fox’s direct competition for the conservative viewership.

I see your third scenario making a ton of sense. And honestly, that’s probably the best way to play it.

Posts: 17675 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Muzzle flash
    aficionado
    Picture of flashguy
    posted Hide Post
    I don't put a lot of weight on the effect of the Fox News 51% disapproval poll on President Trump--he typically doesn't care much what polls indicate (nor do I).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by flashguy:
    he typically doesn't care much what polls indicate .
    Are you kidding?? He mentioned that poll specifically in his complaints about Fox. Donald Trump is and has been in the fight for his life and this nation, and you can bet your bottom dollar that he seethed when he saw that shit, because it didn't come from the likely sorurces. That poll came from a supposed ally, one of his only allies in the media. Come on.

Betrayal doesn't come from one's enemies, and the President most certainly saw that bullshit poll as a betrayal, and rightly so. Donald Trump knows the poll was illegitimate. That is the problem.

Man Once
    Child Twice
    posted Hide Post
    Wondering if there’s not another reason he left. Maybe there’s a MeToo allegation coming out. Or something else he doesn’t want to face head on. Quit before being asked to leave.

Posts: 11155 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Sigfest:
    Or something else he doesn’t want to face head on.
    Sounds like it snuck up on him from behind. Razz