SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Primary Election Day here in AZ
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Primary Election Day here in AZ Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
heading to the polls shortly

I've read the materials and have my choices made, however as a registered independent, I can pick my ballot

part of me want to vote republican - made those choices

part of me wants to vote democratic - pick the worst, least qualified candidate from the list and vote for them

decisions, decisions...

Posts: 53080 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Operation chaos? Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6188 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
part of me wants to vote democratic - pick the worst, least qualified candidate from the list and vote for them

How could you tell which candidate to pick Big Grin

Posts: 23224 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^

the longest hyphenated name

the shortest bio

the one with the least experience

anything that reeks of hippy

Posts: 53080 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
It's Primary Day in Michigan, too.

I voted in the Republican primary, this time.

Last two primaries I voted in the Democrat, so I could vote for Bernie Sanders. He won in Michigan, too, the first time I did that

If nothing else: Occasionally voting in a Democrat primary keeps the Democrat election junk mail coming. Does my heart good when they futilely burn campaign money doing that Wink

Sadly, I did not get the opportunity to vote "No" on a school millage renewal or increase Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25999 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
Voted straight republic here in Az.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted also here in Az.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Hell, I didn't know you could vote in the primary is registered independent. I'm really not sure whom I'd vote for, but in the general would always support the most conservative candidate.

Posts: 3491 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
as a registered independent you get to select either the demon or republican ballot when you check in

Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Primary day here in Missouri as well.

The wife and I took our 9 year old granddaughter with us when we went to vote. She knew the words..." I voted " but had no idea what that actually meant. She sat between me and grandma while we voted (yes, we get to sit down) and we explained the whole process. She was great...even grabbed an "I voted" sticker on the way out. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ That's great Bassamatic! Smile

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23932 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Start 'em young!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yup, she's a pistol alright...and the light of our life.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Are they using Dominion vote counting systems?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15839 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
voted - in and out in 15 minutes

not a line up exactly but the pace was pretty quick - paper ballots and waiting for perhaps 3 minutes for a booth to open up

talked to one of the workers and it has been extremely busy all day - she has never seen a primary with this level of turnout

It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Well, there are multiple people running for most of the offices on the Republican ticket, there are ballot initiatives in multiple municipalities, and in our small town there are 14 people running for 7 offices. There are still unanswered issues from the last election about mail in ballots and drop boxes.

So I can understand why it might be busy on Election Day here in AZ.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

It's not like that's a new thing; it's been reported that Democrats have been funding campaigns for MAGA candidates that they think are unelectable. I hope they find that it backfires on them.

What's new to me being in AZ is that just about every candidate is saying the things I want to hear. It's just a matter of guessing who actually means what they say. Also, it's interesting to hear the negative campaigns among the republicans especially at the governor and senator races.

I already mailed my 5 ballots weeks ago. (j/k about the 5)

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19577 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

What's new to me being in AZ is that just about every candidate is saying the things I want to hear. It's just a matter of guessing who actually means what they say. Also, it's interesting to hear the negative campaigns among the republicans especially at the governor and senator races.

I already mailed my 5 ballots weeks ago. (j/k about the 5)

We have seen a ton of those negative ads for just about every office here in Missouri. More than I can ever remember. The thing is, you have no idea who is actually paying for them. I suspect most are funded by the DNC targeting candidates they think they would lose to.

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

The wife and I sent in our early ballots a couple of weeks ago. We are both on the permanent early ballot list. No trips to crowded polling places for us.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm just not sure Lake can beat Hobbs. It will absolutely suck to have a dem governor. Az is not as conservative as many would like to think. We have a huge number of independents that don't seem to like to go to far right or left. Many Republicans don't like Ducey as they think he is a rino, but would you rather have a rino or a democrat? Interesting in that we could get a dem governor while replacing a dem senator with a Republican

Posts: 124 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: January 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post