SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nine months after banning 'high capacity' magazines in New Jersey, not a single one has been turned in to Police
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nine months after banning 'high capacity' magazines in New Jersey, not a single one has been turned in to Police Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Anybody wanna venture a guess at how many high cap mags are still in the hands of NJ gun owners who have no intention of ever turning them in? Best course of action for NJ gun owners is to completely ignore this moronic law.

Just wait it out

Wait what out? NJ becoming a free state? It's like waiting for Hollywood becoming the new Jerusalem.

Q

Posts: 26395 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
They were banned because they were "disproportionately used in crime." Interesting that they are considered disproportionate.
Not at all. Very simple explanation. What they call "high caps", most of the world refers to as "standard cap" mags. The 17 round mags for my Glock 17 came with it as the OEM standard mag for the gun. Low cap mags are actually "non-standard" mags for most guns. This is all just a BS play on words by people who lie as naturally as they breath.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
They were banned because they were "disproportionately used in crime." Interesting that they are considered disproportionate.
Not at all. Very simple explanation. What they call "high caps", most of the world refers to as "standard cap" mags. The 17 round mags for my Glock 17 came with it as the OEM standard mag for the gun. Low cap mags are actually "non-standard" mags for most guns. This is all just a BS play on words by people who lie as naturally as they breath.

Yeah, it's completely dishonest. It's like saying that cars with gas tanks larger than 10 gallons are disproportionately involved in automobile accidents. Yeah, no shit.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
It is truly a sad situation.

My best friend is a LEO in Paterson, NJ.
It is a shit hole, and the stories he tells me are both sad and horrifying.

I built him an AR10, and been a "supplier" of sorts for him.

If Palmetto has sale for something not shipped to NJ, I order it for him and ship it.

Ridiculous that LEO's have to follow these same rules.

If I am declared a scofflaw for doing this, so be it.

I want my friend to live with the liberty intended for Americans, Politicians be damned.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:

Ridiculous that LEO's have to follow these same rules.

My sister is a LEO in NJ, and I frankly don't think it's ridiculous at all that she must follow these same stupid laws. And I tell her so.

What's ridiculous is making any law abiding resident of that State follow these stupid laws, LEO or not.

And for the record, LEO's are exempt now from the draconian 10 round mag limit when off duty, which is BS in my opinion.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

My sister is a LEO in NJ, and I frankly don't think it's ridiculous at all that she must follow these same stupid laws. And I tell her so.

What's ridiculous is making any law abiding resident of that State follow these stupid laws, LEO or not.

And for the record, LEO's are exempt now from the draconian 10 round mag limit when off duty, which is BS in my opinion.

Yeah Balze, I should have been more clear.
I agree.

It is stupid that there are these laws to begin with.
I still fear for my friend, because with some situations a 10 round mag is not enough, and drills in shooting, changing mags, and shooting is a MUST.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post