SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nine months after banning 'high capacity' magazines in New Jersey, not a single one has been turned in to Police
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nine months after banning 'high capacity' magazines in New Jersey, not a single one has been turned in to Police Login/Join 
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
The best way to nullify these laws is to ignore them...

I'm surprised the state police haven't convinced some judge that there is probable cause to think one of the magazines in that storage facility was used in a crime and they all need to be seized to catalog and conduct forensic studies on them to eliminate them from suspicion.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
Problem is the next generation will likely accept the fact that "those are against the law" and we don't need those because the government outlawed them.

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I think if I lived in a state that had those restrictions, I would send my high capacity magazines to a relative living in a non restrictive state to hold until I moved out. I would not pay to have a gun store hold them in a vault.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4889 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
I think if I lived in a state that had those restrictions, I would send my high capacity magazines to a relative living in a non restrictive state to hold until I moved out. I would not pay to have a gun store hold them in a vault.
Why? leave them in your safe where they belong. No one is going to go door to door looking for them. That's just scare tactics by the garbage politicos.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Bingo. Don't send them anywhere. No one is going to come looking.

Besides, laws are not binding. They are merely suggestions. You can choose to follow them. Or not. Whatever produces the least stress for you.
Wooo saaaa....

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
^^^^
Bingo. Don't send them anywhere. No one is going to come looking.

Besides, laws are not binding...

Wait. I thought that only applied to IMMIGRATION laws.

Posts: 16019 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
Why? leave them in your safe where they belong. No one is going to go door to door looking for them. That's just scare tactics by the garbage politicos.

True, what I meant to say is before I would hand them over to a gun shop to hold for me paying for them to hold them, I would send them off to my relative out of state.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4889 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wait. I thought that only applied to IMMIGRATION

Oh no. It applies to many more. Classification laws, FISA laws, pretty much any law on the books.

This country is founded on the rule of suggestion. To be, or not to be, that is the question.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the message is Fuck You

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38249 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
This country is founded on the rule of suggestion.

Dual justice system.
It will result in a lawless country.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
It already has. Its only going to get worse from here.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
When liberals come up with laws like these simply follow them like they do in reguards to sanctuary cities , the border etc.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have a mobile firearm sanctuary zone that includes my home, vehicles, and a 10m diameter around myself.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Wait. I thought that only applied to IMMIGRATION

Oh no. It applies to many more. Classification laws, FISA laws, pretty much any law on the books.

This country is founded on the rule of suggestion. To be, or not to be, that is the question.

Big Grin

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
It already has. Its only going to get worse from here.

I was actually going to post this.

I'm not saying to steal from everyone and claim "because FISA", but turning in your guns/magazines is a no no in my mind.

This is how oppression starts. We can either learn from history, or repeat it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37195 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
FISA abuse.... Sanctuary Cities... Anti-ICE cooperation laws... States disobeying Federal Drug laws... so many examples of lawlessness...

Oh oh, but we'll just register our guns and turn in the evil looking ones and high caps when they pass a law..... mmmmkay...

Yeah, I'll get right on that.... LMFAO....

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Boating. Accident. Period.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I was actually going to post this.

I'm not saying to steal from everyone and claim "because FISA", but turning in your guns/magazines is a no no in my mind.

This is how oppression starts. We can either learn from history, or repeat it.

Oppression started with the NFA act Jones.

Posts: 10046 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They were banned because they were "disproportionately used in crime." Interesting that they are considered disproportionate. I work in a gun store. We have about 15 display cases of guns with "large capacity" magazines, and the 10 rounds or less guns take up maybe two cases. Even guns like the Sig P365, designed for a 10 round magazine, have larger mags available. Seems to me the crimes are likely proportionate to the number of guns available.

Posts: 17261 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anybody wanna venture a guess at how many high cap mags are still in the hands of NJ gun owners who have no intention of ever turning them in? Best course of action for NJ gun owners is to completely ignore this moronic law.

Just wait it out

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4373 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post