SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How is Jimmy Carter still alive?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is Jimmy Carter still alive? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Personally I think he was a good man that just got too far out of his depth....

How many of you can claim to be married to the same woman for 75 years?

I tend to agree with this. Being a good man doesn’t mean you will be a good leader/ politician the opposite more likely

Posts: 3298 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I heard he was an A-number one asshole to the USSS agents protecting him. You know- the men who would stand between this lunkhead and a bullet.

No, I don't think he's a "good man" and he certainly wasn't a good president, and that's being kind about it.

Posts: 107715 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
he certainly wasn't a good president,

I took a poll: of the contenders since WW2, he had TWO trophies:

1) worst president since WW2;
2) worst EX-president since WW2;

The BO/JB tag team moved him down a notch in both categories. Maybe more pending.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Whatever anyone thinks of his personality, he was clearly out of his depth as a President.
I don't remember him as an exceptional Governor either.
Maybe peanut farmer are where his skill lie.

Posts: 9538 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This page references a 2009 book by Ronald Kessler, but I heard these types of stories about Carter in the 1980s.

https://www.truthorfiction.com...-service-presidents/

Jimmy Carter was a complete phony who had disdain for the Secret Service, and was very irresponsible with the “football” nuclear codes.
Kessler interviewed agents assigned to Jimmy Carter, codenamed Deacon, who described Carter as a “moody and mistrustful” person who distanced himself from the agents who were sworn to protect him and his family. Agents were instructed not to speak to President Carter unless he spoke to them first. A former agent said that President Carter “tried to project the image of himself as a man of the people by carrying his own luggage when travelling. When he was running for President, Carter would carry his own bags while the press was in sight but once in private he would ask the Secret Service to carry his luggage. An agent said that when the Carters were staying at the President’s home in Plains, Georgia, the “nuclear football,” the device that the President uses to launch antiballistic missiles to protect the U.S. from a foreign launched nuclear attack was not permitted on the grounds of the Carter home. The “football” allows the President to launch counter measures within five minutes of a notification of a nuclear strike. It was kept with an agent in a military trailer in the neighboring town, Americus, which was fifteen minutes away.

___

Shit, even the wildlife hate his guts: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...rter_rabbit_incident

Oh, and he saw a UFO. Isn't that just perfect?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._Carter_UFO_incident

It was the planet VENUS, ya rube!! We won't even talk about Roslyn's ghost, bless her heart.

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
The Secret Service stories aren’t surprising. Someone I know did some electrical work at his house back in the 1980’s. He wouldn’t allow them to use the restroom in the house so they pissed off his back porch. The SS agents just shook their heads and laughed.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3979 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Maybe they just don’t want him in the afterlife.

Posts: 833 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
Maybe they just don’t want him in the afterlife.
I do believe you're on to something. Big Grin

'course, you do realize this means zombie Carter...

Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I heard he was an A-number one asshole to the USSS agents protecting him. You know- the men who would stand between this lunkhead and a bullet.

Not just Carter. In 1995 Clinton gave the commencement address at Dartmouth. Our hotel was almost fully booked by his various support groups including the USSS. None of them were unprofessional enough to say Hillary Couldn't Understand Normal Thinking, but it was clear they greatly preferred working for Bill over her.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3457 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I was stationed in West Germany when Carter was president. The distain the German people had for Carter was unbelievable. He was such an embarassment to this country.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
The first year I served in the military was under Mr. Carter. I have nothing nice to say.

Posts: 4024 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jimmy must be an immortal Highlander from Scotland. Either that, or peanuts are healthy.

Oh, how the media drooled over him when I was a boy, but the Iran Hostage Crisis revealed that he was a clueless goof.

I read in a book ("In the President's Secret Service", I think) that the aforementioned clueless goof would make the assigned military aide keep the nuclear football 20 minutes away while he was vacationing in Georgia because he wanted his "privacy." This was at the height of the Cold War, when the Soviets had gained nuclear superiority in ICBMs.

The best thing about Carter was that his utter incompetence opened the door for Reagan.

Posts: 1094 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post