SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How is Jimmy Carter still alive?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is Jimmy Carter still alive? Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Personally I think he was a good man that just got too far out of his depth....

How many of you can claim to be married to the same woman for 75 years?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

That's probably the most prevalent view of Carter out there, but I would ask you how many 'good men' would work directly with the Soviet Union at the height of the Cold War to undermine the US president with the intention of sabotaging the military buildup that directly led to the downfall of the Soviet Union?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

“Good” men aren’t anti-Semites.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3979 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Put on a fucking sweater!!

Posts: 5348 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Slow Joe doesn't count since he doesn't know whether it's June or Thursday. The Dems should be charged with elder abuse.

This cartoon is exactly what I was thinking when I read through this thread!

Jimmy Carter is still alive because of advances in pharmaceutical technology. There’s a pill for every ailment.

And para, I remember Dante’s from my years of working in Buckhead. Never went there at night, as all I wanted to do at the end of the day was head OTP!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10499 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
When (soon, please) Jimmy dies, who will take over the 3rd spot as Worst?

And, I was never in Dante's.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Must be all those peanuts.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Also met some actor there but memory fails me as to his name. He was quite nice to us. I can picture him. Gruff hard tough guy were his usual roles.

I remembered... Claude Akins

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16253 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
And, I was never in Dante's.
Why not?? Mad

Posts: 107715 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the 1970's, Russia was unable to feed its people and became a large.importer of US grain - to the great benefit of American farmers. When Jimmy Carter put an embargo on all US grain shipments to Russia due to their invasion of Afghanistan, grain prices took a big hit. My Uncle and cousin were farmers and huge liberal democrats. They were so mad at Carter that they voted for a 3rd party candidate in 1980 and helped elect Reagan!

I also remember Dantes and the alligators. Went there almost every year during my annual work trip to Atlanta in the 90's. It was unique. I seem to recall the owner going around to all the tables and greeting everyone? Didnt know his background tho.

Posts: 585 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Dante made his customers feel as if he knew them personally. The Underground location- yeah, I think I went there twice, but it didn't have the same feel as the Buckhead location, and I didn't see Dante at Underground.

Somewhere just outside Dante's Underground, wasn't there a big wooden statue of a bear on its hind legs? I seem to recall jokingly having my picture taken with the bear. Sometime in the late 1980s IIRC

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Somewhere just outside Dante's Underground, wasn't there a big wooden statue of a bear on its hind legs? I seem to recall jokingly having my picture taken with the bear. Sometime in the late 1980s IIRC

Is this you with the bear??

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Went there several times in the late 80's - early 90's.

I tried to hit every local band venue back then as where I'm from had no culture.

The Metroplex, Roxy, White Dot and many others I can't even remember now.

Downtown and Buckhead used to be so much fun.

Now I wish I had gone to Dante's more often.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34137 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Is this you with the bear??
I guess they added the velvet rope around the bear because too many drunks were stumbling out of Dante's saying "HEY TAKE MY PICTURE WITH THE BEAR!!" There was no rope when I took my pic.

And I don't recall that shady-lookin' dude with the bear.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
For those that didn't know him, a little idea of what he was like.

https://www.ajc.com/things-to-...Q6VAPPIQV4AZJ3RXUVU/

Posts: 9538 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That statue kinda looks like the picture of Dante in the article linked above. I know nothing about it besides what I’m reading here, but if so, it seems like a decent way to remember the man.

From the article:
quote:
He passed away July 25 after a battle with pancreatic cancer.

Ouch. Frown

Posts: 17199 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
That statue kinda looks like the picture of Dante in the article linked above. I know nothing about it besides what I’m reading here, but if so, it seems like a decent way to remember the man.
The staue is in honor of Humbug Square

Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
There is health care for the elite political class; then there's everyone else. That's why Carter is still alive and why McCain lasted far longer than he should have.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3457 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
God has a great sense of humor! Keeping what was previously the worst president in US History alive longer to endure that title. But now that Obama stole that title he outlived his usefulness

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8391 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
He's 96 years old and a couple of years back, I heard he has brain cancer, and that jerk is STILL alive.
Well...when you've made a deal with the Devil......

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post