SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How is Jimmy Carter still alive?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is Jimmy Carter still alive? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
He's 96 years old and a couple of years back, I heard he has brain cancer, and that jerk is STILL alive.

He's the only POTUS I've met. Dante's Down the Hatch restaurant on Peachtree Street in Buckhead in the early 1990s (used to be an exclusive part of Atlanta, until overrun by savages and now Atlanta has a mayor who won't do anything to stop the crime and violence.) I was on a date, must have been a Friday or Saturday night. I walked up the steps to the front door of the restaurant, and there stood James Earl Carter, with a Secret Service man in a trench coat eyeballing me. They had had a birthday party for Amy (so this would have been October 19 or thereabouts). Amy and Roslyn had just left and ol' Jimmuh was waiting for the War Wagon to pull up for him. I recognized him instantly. I smiled and said "Mister President." He barely smiled. I don't recall he said much of anything at all. Perhaps he muttered 'hello'. I guess, with the incredibly inept way he ran this country when he was in office, Carter thought that about half the population wanted to give him an earful. I'm serious- he seemed really wary.

Posts: 107715 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Proof that the Cosmos has a sense of humor?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8361 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Well hopefully he stands there, one foot out the door, the other on a banana peel, just long enough to realize how much he could have done to stem the abysmal tide, rather than welcome it in like so many charlatans before him.

Personally Im hoping he gets a debilitating stroke and hangs in there for some time to come...

Posts: 5154 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
They say the lord looks out for alcoholics and fools. I do not know Mr. Carter to be the former.

Posts: 10760 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, but wait- if he dies with President Shithead Drooling Joke in office, there will be days and days of mourning. Oh, the leftists in Washington will rend their flesh and oh, the leftist "news media" will declare Carter to be the greatest recently dead guy ever.

posted Hide Post
I remember Dante's. Only was there once but thought it was a pretty cool place and the food was good.

As for 3rd Worst President Ever being still alive - all I can think of is that his longevity is somehow related to his ineptness.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Remember that waitress, Amy? She worked there for forever. She was half caucasian and half asian and she was stacked. I was such a dog back then, I was hitting on her while I was there on a date. Woof

posted Hide Post
My mother thought Carter was going to be the President that saved America . It's funny , after he left office I never heard her speak of him again . Mom hated to admit when she was wrong .

Posts: 4068 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Carter’s demon is strong. That’s how.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3979 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Personally Im hoping he gets a debilitating stroke and hangs in there for some time to come...

When I picture the character in your avatar saying that, it makes far funnier than it maybe ought to be. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Oh, but wait- if he dies with President Shithead Drooling Joke in office...

Now that you mention it, he's simply got to be in someone's dead pool for this year.

Posts: 17199 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
I remember Dante's. Only was there once but thought it was a pretty cool place and the food was good.

As for 3rd Worst President Ever being still alive - all I can think of is that his longevity is somehow related to his ineptness.

First worst is in office ... Joe makes Jimmy look like a pro. Carter easily is better than Biden. Shocking for sure but a dead on lock.

Posts: 348 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peanuts!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16117 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Amy was working the night I was there I know I ogled her because back in '87 I was a student at Tech, so any female with a pulse was going to get a good looking over. I probably needed a stack of napkins to wipe the drool off my face if I saw Amy. Smile

Looking up Dante's info. I didn't realize he only closed in 2013/2014 timeframe. I hadn't been back to downtown Atlanta for decades even though I was living in Roswell and Decatur from 1998 - 2009.

Also, I had forgotten that Dante was a SEAL - a plankowner of SEAL Team 2 and left as a full Commander. Here's a link I came across that document Dante's military and restaurant careers:

https://sealtwo.org/dante.htm

Was sad to read he died July 25, 2020 from pancreatic cancer. What a life he lived, though!

Posts: 4988 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Dante's... the expensive place where you had to cook your own food. Jimmy was a GT man, too, for a little while. Couldn't hack it and had to f off to Annapolis. (That's just sarcasm for any of you Sailors.)

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10496 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I wasnt aware that he passed. Dante is the one who filled me in on Amy's birthday party. I walked into the restaurant after meeting Carter. Dante was there and I said "I just met President Carter!" and he filled me in on the details.

I'd always take first dates to Dante's. I didn't go there for the food (fondue). I went there for the atmosphere. I loved the Paul Mitchell Jazz Trio. Those were seriously cool cats and the way the restaurant was laid out, you could sit right there with those guys if you wanted. Live, smooth jazz up close, and they were having a good time, too. You could tell. I don't think I knew how much fun I was having at the time, and how it would all fade away.

Oh, and the moat with the alligators...

If you go to youtube to listen to these, you'll see comments from people who are saying the same as thing as I, about Dante's and these guys.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Jimmy Carter and his extended family was "Reality TV" before there was Reality TV.

And my loathsome thoughts of both, are yet to change.

Hey, Boss.
Speaking of "places of places", did you ever go to Baby Doe's Matchless Mine?

Happened to know a girl that worked there in the latter 80s. Pretty nice view from the top.

The Restaurant. I meant, the restaurant.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43918 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I remember the original Dante’s in the original Underground Atlanta. Just down the street from Lester Maddox’s place with the axe handles for sale. That was in the early 70’s when it was actually safe to go there at night.
After the city ruined Underground, he moved it to Buckhead, across from Lenox.
Both were fun places during their time. Dante was usually there keeping things running smoothly and greeting the customers at some point during their visit.
Sad to see what’s happened to the city since then.

As far as what makes JC vying for the worst President crown?
Most people remember him for the hostage crisis and handing Iran to the crazies. I think an under recognized achievement in poor judgement may be his handing the Panama Canal to the locals who have now mostly sold it off to the CCP which could have even worse long term repercussions.

Posts: 9538 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of us old enough to remember the Carter years, we remember what a totally feckless president he was and what a godsend Ronald Reagan was to our nation. After his utter failure of a presidency he should have stuck to building houses and kept his mouth shut. I have nothing but contempt for him.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5172 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
He has a stash of Billy Beer and consumes two daily.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Can't remember where I'd recently read that he was a vicious politician.

Posts: 11395 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post