SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Woman killed in alligator attack while protecting dog on Hilton Head
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woman killed in alligator attack while protecting dog on Hilton Head Login/Join 
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Good grief. I would do everything I could to protect my dog but no way would I give up my life (or anyone close) for him.

I’m with you but we live in a day when animals are often valued more than human life. I’ve got relatives that treat their dog better than their own children (I’m not exaggerating here) and refer to them as their kids.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:
I wonder if 9mm ball would penetrate an alligator skull I sure hope so
I recommend taking a look at your own signature line. Smile

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30715 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Well, I know more than a few that consider their animals as real, authentic members of the family. I do as well, and all that have passed I still miss each one as if they were at the top of the food chain. Hell, they were a damn sight more 'human' than one or two of the actual so-called humans in my extended family.

Would I have defended my dog? Hell yes. It most assuredly would not have ended well for the gator. I think that my current mix of Polycase ARX and Federal HST loads in 'soft 'n' weak' 40S&W would be just enough to do the trick. My dog nor I don't need anyone else doing that 'euthanizing' for us, thank you very much. Of course freak ASPCA chapter probably would love to have me up on charges, but I'm good with that. I need a new wallet anyways, and any kind of meat that tastes like chicken is fine by me.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Hilton Head 2010. This bad boy was between 8 and 10 feet

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post