SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Jersey sues Sig
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Jersey sues Sig Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The armpit of America

Let's all go have lunch in Orange, NJ.
I hear it's a happening place.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31440 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I would love to buy one of those P229 NJ rejects.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Newark has some of the best Portuguese restaurants around.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5806 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
yet they've all functioned just fine once the state emblems were ground off and they were sold

They were never sold.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5806 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
I would love to buy one of those P229 NJ rejects.

I was thinking the same thing, but the way the government of that State thinks, maybe they will destroy them?

downtownv, I meant no offense when I remarked about the training. I want to say this to you because I respect the way you are involved in working toward firearms rights in NJ. I do not like it when I remember what they do to law-abiding gun owners there. It brings back a lot of memories, none of them good.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
They are suing for $ 2.5M. Seems like small fry these days.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11090 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Eh, that might make it easier to settle than to fight.

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Eh, that might make it easier to settle than to fight

Exactly and admit no wrongdoing. That is a ridiculously low amount in my opinion.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
13121 your NJSP 228 is junk, please send to me for destruction.

Whatever the cause, that was way, way to long to fix the problem. SIG f-ed up, refund the money, fix the problem, sell as CPO and eat the difference.
It's 12131 dude. Somewhere, there's a NIB P228 with that serial number. Probably belonged to JP Sauer himself. Big Grin

Well they can both send me their defective NJSP 228s then.

You try typing on cell phone while sitting on hold on other cell phone with no auto correct.

12131 I'm sorry for the egregious slight. Will you forgive me?

Well, I loaned 13121 the gun, and he disappeared. Can't send it to you for disposal. Sorry. Frown

Q

Posts: 27512 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Grayguns needs to check it out

Posts: 6401 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I don't know how they operate in the factory to produce an order like this, but I am thinking they must have had a special run just for New Jersey SP with the flaw baked in to have this many guns fail. We would have heard about widespread failures in the civilian market if this was a problem spread across the full production of 229's

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4371 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like this is on Sig. I saw the artical below. Every one of those 229s should have been test fired at the factory and running perfect. Wonder what happened? http://taskandpurpose.com/new-...usly-defective-guns/

Posts: 1947 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
I don't know how they operate in the factory to produce an order like this, but I am thinking they must have had a special run just for New Jersey SP with the flaw baked in to have this many guns fail. We would have heard about widespread failures in the civilian market if this was a problem spread across the full production of 229's
Yes, and something is not right in that batch. It's darn near impossible to make a 9mm self loader and have such a large number with reliability issues. Definately a part design, make and fit problem.

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile...they switched to Glock 19s and have had no real issues....This one just might be a Sig issue.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:
yet they've all functioned just fine once the state emblems were ground off and they were sold

They were never sold.

I stand corrected. The Jersey State Police ones were stored and later melted down. They didn't have emblems either.

Posts: 6960 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will they go to Gun Broker or who for resale? LOL

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
In the long run, It's probably good for consumers and good for SIG that someone is holding them accountable. Is it possible NJ is exaggerating? Sure, but I doubt it. The bad PR will likely sting far more than $2.5M, and going in for future contract sales, SIG better be able to demonstrate improved QC in manufacturing and offer better guarantees, or they may not be invited to compete.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10359 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
New Jersey had a number of AD and self inflicted wound issues when they adopted the P7 years ago, yet they've all functioned just fine once the state emblems were ground off and they were sold off to the public. It was a different manual of arms and adjusting to it was the real problem.

Yeah somehow I don't think going from a 228 to a 229 is going to cause that many issues.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
Will they go to Gun Broker or who for resale? LOL

They'll go to who ever pays the biggest kickbacks... Trenton, home of Taylor Ham/ Pork Roll and incredibly corrupt politicians!

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8671 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The armpit of America

Absolutely and Cali and NY close behind

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post