SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Ford Bronco
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Ford Bronco Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
Have only seen a few photos. Not sure I'd like it, but wondering if it might be a fun option. No V8, so V6 for sure. It's available as a 2 door or four door, and is supposed to have a manual option. Anyone with any other insights or thoughts?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5647 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure it's going to have the 2.3EcoBoost I4 from the Ranger

Confirmed to have a 7 speed manual option, with a Crawl gear under 1st.
Will also have disconnectable sway bars & locking diffs.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15343 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Released on OJ’s birthday. No I’m not kidding.

Posts: 3925 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Another tease. I don't think they are ever going to build the damn thing, just peddle the same jalopy that has been in the pictures for the last six years. Roll Eyes

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15343 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Removable top and doors, same as the original 66-77' model it is based on. Idependent front suspension, with a swaybar disconnect. Front and rear lockers will also be optional.

Check out this website Bronco6g. They seem to have the latest info and leaks. Also check out Bronco Nation. this is a Ford sponsered official site.

I am pretty sure, I am going to get one of the 2 doors if it looks like they will be worth it. If not, will start looking for an original 66-77' with a Coyote V8 conversion. Have an itch to scratch and either will work.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4987 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
New Ford Bronco....Too little, way too late, and dead on arrival for me.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Looks like it will be released in 2021. I guess we will see. I think that thing will do really well.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5045 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I haven’t seen the bronco, but the new Chevy Blazer is hideous. Abomination on wheels. I can’t even describe how ugly the blazer is.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4028 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Put me down for a white one, but only if Al Cowlings is willing to drive me around!

Posts: 6487 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Let the smack talking begin! Ford's chief operating officer, Jim Farley, was speaking at the 2020 Global Auto Industry Conference earlier this week and he didn't mince words about the upcoming off-roader battle.

"Ford has proven credibility in the off-road space with Raptor now in both F-150 and Ranger [guise] and people love it," he said. "We're already the No. 1 cross-shopped brand with Jeep. And Bronco is an iconic and beloved franchise. We will soon introduce what we believe is a much superior product."

The apparent emphasis on off road capability is something I am really hoping they are serious about. For a long time now the Jeep Wrangler hasn’t really had any real challengers in the market. Hopefully that changes. I never considered the FJ a real Wrangler competitor because Toyota failed to make a drop top version that actually looked like their iconic FJ. Had they done that I’d be driving one today.

Please please please don’t screw this up Ford!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig226fan:
Removable top and doors, same as the original 66-77' model it is based on. Independent front suspension, with a swaybar disconnect. Front and rear lockers will also be optional.

Check out this website Bronco6g. They seem to have the latest info and leaks. Also check out Bronco Nation. this is a Ford sponsered official site.

I am pretty sure, I am going to get one of the 2 doors if it looks like they will be worth it. If not, will start looking for an original 66-77' with a Coyote V8 conversion. Have an itch to scratch and either will work.

Looks cool...

I'm just never one to buy a new model until it's proven.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24134 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Protect Your Nuts
posted Hide Post
I will say that from owning a 2019 Ranger and having taken it on numerous trails; the engine and crawl system in the stock FX4 configuration is extremely capable off-road, and (IMO) the lariat trim is waaaayyyyy more comfortable on the highway than any Tacoma or Jeep I’ve been in.

The addition of a manual transmission I think will be really appealing. If they brought that option to a raptor edition of the Ranger I’d seriously consider trading up. Just like the Ranger though I’d expect initial sales of the Bronco to be slow, but if Ford remains committed to both platforms I think they will catch on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"deserves" ain't got nothin to do with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 2696 | Location: VA, mostly | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
I haven’t seen the bronco, but the new Chevy Blazer is hideous. Abomination on wheels. I can’t even describe how ugly the blazer is.

It's a shame that the Blazer name has been relegated to a FWD unibody crossover.
They're re-releasing the Trailblazer as well, as a sub-Equinox sized FWD crossover.

The Bronco, on the other hand, it being touted as a genuine Wrangler competitor.

The Enemy's gate is down.

posted Hide Post
Manual trans. only ?

So the two door model will be awesome for the 900 people that actually rock crawl.

But the people who buy them as kid cabs and grocery getters ?

And are they full size ?
Like the " 94" broncos?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54656 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I think it’s stunning and brave when a manufacturer makes a vehicle available with only a manual transmission. They are getting somewhat rare these days. Especially a sports car. What I love most about the Honda S2000 and Dodge Viper is that the designers refused ruin the vehicle with an automatic transmission.

The trend is now for all cars and trucks to have autos with maybe a chance for a manual variant. If someone has the guts to make a manual only vehicle I commend them for making such a bold move.

I had a chance to drive a lifted Wrangler with a 5-speed manual on the northern beaches of the Outer Banks all the way up to the VA state line and it was an ABSOLUTE BLAST! It was lifted quite a bit and on huge tires and seemed quite at home in the sand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Where does it say that it won't have an automatic option? I can't believe they would make this without offering an automatic transmission (not that I would ever in a million years consider buying such a vehicle without a third pedal).

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
There will certainly be an automatic version. I’m more concerned Ford is teasing us with a manual only to pull some BS like Toyota/BMW did with that lame as hell automatic only Z4 with Supra badges.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
Of course there will be an auto. Lol. If not they will shutter the plant before the end of year. The modern buyer who will buy the full on off road version and never use it won’t buy a stick. Money trumps cool every time in business.

If they do this right, which given how slow they have moved, they should, I would definitely be interested. Cool Jeep competition. My last Ford was actually a great car. My last Jeep was not.

Posts: 7538 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post