SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Ford Bronco
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Ford Bronco Login/Join 
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
I like it but it’d be hard to go up against a Jeep Wrangler because of the aftermarket support and how long they’ve been around.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Bigwagon you need to check your reading skills my man. It’s not Nicole Simpson’s birthday, it’s OJ Simpson the murderer’s (allegedly) birthday. He of the slo mo Bronco car chase.

This was no accidental coincidence. Some dumb motherfucker in Ford’s marketing actually thought they were being clever.

Poor form. Bad taste. Polarizing. Stupid as fuck. Whatever or all the above.

Wrong Simpson, but who the fuck knows what day he was born either? Why would anybody even think to check that. There is a zero percent chance it was intentional. For one thing, they delayed the date to begin with. It was supposed to be launched back in March.

Moot point now, since Ford pushed back the announcement date four days to July 13th. And yeah, I'm one who thinks that someone in Ford chose the initial date with conniving malice and forethought. After all, who the hell debuts a new vehicle on a THURSDAY??? Especially when there's no apparent connection to a concurrent event or trade show.

-MG

Posts: 2226 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
After all, who the hell debuts a new vehicle on a THURSDAY???

Ford. Big Grin

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/...20off%20in%20October.

quote:
Ford will officially reveal the 2021 F-150 online on June 25, a company spokesman tweeted

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15862 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Thought about starting a new thread to see if anyone else was anxiously waiting for the new Bronco to launch. Did a quick search and found this so...

Who gives a flying fuck if the original launch date was deliberate or accidental? Born and raised in a Ford Family (back when that was a thing). My first vehicle was a 67 Bronco. It was beat up, rattled going down the road, shift linkage shot, got laughed at by some of my high school classmates, but damn I loved that truck. Early in my career working for the city (digging ditches) I was at the city’s shop and saw an 87 red on red that the cops had confiscated from drug bust getting prepped for auction. I could not believe it had the same name as my VW Thing look-alike and wanted it soooo bad. But alas, wife and daughter to support at home (2 bed 1 bath) no way that was in the cards for me.

Since that time, I have graduated from ditch digger, kids are grown, and I make more than minimum wage. But, by the time all that happened around 2004, my dream vehicle was no longer being produced. So, am I a sucker for the hype... sure. But when Ford said they are bringing it back I went back to my mid 20s (same thing happens while listening to Classic Vinyl). So yeah, I am excited. But more about having a second chance to score my dream rig. Got my MKX paid off and putting money aside to make sure I will be able to option the hell out of what will likely be the last rig I buy.

No brainer for this old man... the 4-door will be the one in my garage.

https://flic.kr/p/2jjCAth

Dave

Posts: 470 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NMDave:
No brainer for this old man... the 4-door will be the one in my garage...
...when its not in the dealer service department to have yet another recall addressed. Razz Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I've got a 93 Eddie Bauer I use for a project because my buddy had one in high school. Top comes off and it becomes a super cool truck. Paid 2K for it so no big deal.

Anxious to see what Ford puts out here.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 7029 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Some of my favorite memories in high school were off-roading with my friend in his jacked up bronco. I love that it’s coming back for a new generation!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
No brainer for this old man... the 4-door will be the one in my garage...
...when its not in the dealer service department to have yet another recall addressed. Razz Wink

Well, I can’t argue the point. In fact, based on owner reviews of the Ranger, if that is the platform they build on, you just might be spot on. Then again, maybe the Ranger got all the bugs worked out for us? Fingers crossed.

Dave

Posts: 470 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
maybe the Ranger got all the bugs worked out for us? Fingers crossed.

now sitting just short of 1000 miles & 2 weeks on the Ranger. Perfect so far.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
quote:
maybe the Ranger got all the bugs worked out for us? Fingers crossed.

now sitting just short of 1000 miles & 2 weeks on the Ranger. Perfect so far.

Congrats on the Ranger! I was so close to getting one myself but, knowing the Bronco was on the horizon, decided to squeeze a little more out of my MKX - 7 years and 125,000 miles With no major failure.

Dave

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then again, maybe the Ranger got all the bugs worked out for us? Fingers crossed.
You are aware that Ford is replacing the current Ranger with a 'new' Ranger in 2022, right? That of course assumes they don't play the Bronco roll out game, at which point the new Ranger should likely hit streets somewhere in 2027.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Interesting... will do more research to make sure my Visio isn’t too tunneled. Thanks for the heads up.

Dave