SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Ford Bronco
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Ford Bronco Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I'll take Big Deals Bronco allocation!

In White over Blue, just like the picture!

Posts: 23525 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Ford delays launch of its new Bronco after being slammed by Nicole Brown Simpson's sister over plans to release it on OJ Simpson's 73rd birthday - 26 years after it became famous as his getaway car amid his double murder charges

Posts: 9166 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well it was pretty stupid to link the new Bronco to OJ in any way. I never checked but I assume that really is OJ’s birthday. Stupid as fuck marketing ploy.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
The first automobile I ever bought on my own was a 1989 Ford Bronco. I have a soft spot for them. That was a fun truck, and I didn't even have the 351. I had the 302.

It sure ate tires, shocks and brakes really fast though.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5415 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Well it was pretty stupid to link the new Bronco to OJ in any way. I never checked but I assume that really is OJ’s birthday. Stupid as fuck marketing ploy.

No, it's not. It's been 26 freakin' years and the only thing that's the same is that the Browns are the same bunch of histrionic attention whores they always were.

Seriously, WITF would anyone buying a Bronco next year have to carry the whole OJ Simpson thing around their necks for-freakin'-ever? Enough with that now-irrelevant crap.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless it was unintentional which is highly unlikely, linking your product release to a most probably multiple murderer is fucking dumb.

Forget the Browns, the first time I heard it was OJ’s birthday I thought some idiot millennial marketing guy thought he was cute.

As soon as it became mainstream news it would annoy some of the population as, at the minimum, callous. If you sell shit for a living don’t piss off people needlessly. That’s stupid marketing. All downside, zero potential upside.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
After 26 years, and a prison sentence, and a lawsuit, it's over. Why in the world would anyone worry about a birthday (and honestly, how many people actually knew it was Simpson's birthday?) after all of that?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
I haven’t seen the bronco, but the new Chevy Blazer is hideous. Abomination on wheels. I can’t even describe how ugly the blazer is.

It's a shame that the Blazer name has been relegated to a FWD unibody crossover.
They're re-releasing the Trailblazer as well, as a sub-Equinox sized FWD crossover.

The Bronco, on the other hand, it being touted as a genuine Wrangler competitor.

And THAT is one of the reasons that I will not own a post-bankruptcy GM vehicle. And this is after being a GM owner since 1968 both new and used and a GM dealership parts counterman from 1970 to 2017. Well, until 2012 when I jumped ship and bought two Jeep vehicles within eight months.

Their product line is a joke, they had a real 4WD offering that was available in Thailand,being near MPG (Milford Proving Grounds) I had seen some of those up close. But GM chose not to offer it here, more great marketing.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8118 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
I haven’t seen the bronco, but the new Chevy Blazer is hideous. Abomination on wheels. I can’t even describe how ugly the blazer is.

It's a shame that the Blazer name has been relegated to a FWD unibody crossover.
They're re-releasing the Trailblazer as well, as a sub-Equinox sized FWD crossover.

The Bronco, on the other hand, it being touted as a genuine Wrangler competitor.

Trailblazer has an AWD option and 1.3L turbo, and the Blazer has AWD option on the 3.6 & 2.0L - FWIW

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
"Ford has proven credibility in the off-road space with Raptor now in both F-150 and Ranger [guise] and people love it," he said.
What Ranger Raptor Jim? Oh, you mean the one you sell overseas but won't make available to us here in the states? Oh, I forgot you and your crew promised you'd 'consider' making the Ranger Raptor available here at some point. And while we're on the topic of the Ranger in general, how many recalls has that thing gone through in a year? Can we simply agree on a metric shit ton? Roll Eyes
quote:
"And Bronco is an iconic and beloved franchise. We will soon introduce what we believe is a much superior product."
Apparently Jim has no idea whatsoever what the term 'soon' means. I've been patiently waiting for years, through promise after promise after promise, for Ford to deliver. Right now, they could make available the best Bronco ever (not a chance of that actually happening) and I'd tell Jim and the boys they shined me and everyone else on for far too many years for me to write them a check now. Good luck with that thing, whenever it actually does see the light of day, in whatever configuration it eventually gets built in. Just do everyone a favor and have the service departments at all North American Ford dealerships ready to field the likely wave of recalls.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I'll take Big Deals Bronco allocation!
You are welcome to it my friend. But if I had to lay money on it, my bet would be the retail version of the Bronco will look (and function) nothing like the custom vehicle in that pic.

quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
After 26 years, and a prison sentence, and a lawsuit, it's over. Why in the world would anyone worry about a birthday (and honestly, how many people actually knew it was Simpson's birthday?) after all of that?
I really can't believe you're arguing this. Marketing groups get paid stupid sums of money to avoid stupid mistakes. And this is a stupid mistake regardless how long ago the original event occurred. The people who screwed this up should be canned. As if Ford doesn't already have enough problems to deal with.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...I would definitely be interested. Cool Jeep competition. My last Ford was actually a great car. My last Jeep was not.

I'm right there with you. I've never owned a Ford, and wish I could stay loyal to Jeep since I need the off-road capability, but my 2017 that I bought brand new has been nothing but issues from the first day I've owned it...

-Broken struts from the factory (I shit you not)
-Replaced the steering column
-Traction control system stopped working
-Replaced joints/knuckles
-Shifter assembly replaced (took it in 3 times before they could "replicate the issue."
-Replaced airbag system/sensors 3 times and still not fixed.
-Infotainment system that will randomly freeze and stop working for hours on end (still not fixed either).

The 4Runner is a little big for my needs. If they brought something like the FJ back, I'd be all over it. But at this point I'd definitely choose anything over a Jeep (I'm frequently 50+ miles out of cell service down "roads" no tow truck could make it through).

Posts: 435 | Location: Utah | Registered: March 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I really can't believe you're arguing this. Marketing groups get paid stupid sums of money to avoid stupid mistakes. And this is a stupid mistake regardless how long ago the original event occurred. The people who screwed this up should be canned. As if Ford doesn't already have enough problems to deal with.

I can't imagine a scenario in a marketing department where anyone would even raise the question, before we pick a launch date, we'd better check what day Nicole Simpson was born. This was simply a bizarre coincidence. Let's just hope they double-checked that the new date isn't Ron Goldman's bar mitzvah anniversary. Or the day Al Cowlings retired from the NFL. Shit, you could probably find some connection to the OJ saga for any day of the year.

Posts: 2490 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Reminds me more of an FJ Cruiser. Hopefully it sells better.

Posts: 17901 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bigwagon you need to check your reading skills my man. It’s not Nicole Simpson’s birthday, it’s OJ Simpson the murderer’s (allegedly) birthday. He of the slo mo Bronco car chase.

This was no accidental coincidence. Some dumb motherfucker in Ford’s marketing actually thought they were being clever.

Poor form. Bad taste. Polarizing. Stupid as fuck. Whatever or all the above.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
You are welcome to it my friend. But if I had to lay money on it, my bet would be the retail version of the Bronco will look (and function) nothing like the custom vehicle in that pic.

Perhaps it will undergo changes, things always do, inevitable between design, accounting and production, some things just dont work in a production environment.

Nonetheless, it's a heck of a nice looking design...

Posts: 23525 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do like it a lot. And I really like the idea of Jeep getting real competition. Good for Jeep and Bronco guys alike.

When is the new launch now?

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
This was no accidental coincidence. Some dumb motherfucker in Ford’s marketing actually thought they were being clever.

Perhaps. But why his birthday? If I were being clever I would have picked a more relevant day, like perhaps the day the chase in the Bronco took place.

Why not the day of the murders? Why not the day of his conviction? Why his birthday? As another poster suggested, you could likely find an OJ connection to any given day. There are only 364 of them.

As to the Bronco itself, I really do like the look of it. I was parked next to a really nice 70s version at the store the other day. If it works as well as it looks Ford might have a winner.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15726 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bigwagon you need to check your reading skills my man. It’s not Nicole Simpson’s birthday, it’s OJ Simpson the murderer’s (allegedly) birthday. He of the slo mo Bronco car chase.

Poor form. Bad taste. Polarizing. Stupid as fuck. Whatever or all the above.

Wrong Simpson, but who the fuck knows what day he was born either? Why would anybody even think to check that. There is a zero percent chance it was intentional. For one thing, they delayed the date to begin with. It was supposed to be launched back in March.

Posts: 2490 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to actually seeing it, the specs and the pricing. Hoping that it is not as outrageously priced as the Wrangler, but that's probably just hope. Also hoping it doesn't get killed off by dealer greed with markups like the Thunderbird did.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11779 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post