SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man buys $92k Ford F-250 and is told it’s not designed to drive over 65mph
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man buys $92k Ford F-250 and is told it’s not designed to drive over 65mph Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
So this guy uploaded this video with the conversation he had with the dealership and was told that the shaking is normal as the truck isn’t made to be driven over 65mph.

I guess only race cars go over 65 Roll Eyes

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Lawyer up!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who pays $92k for a truck? If they said it wasn't designed to go over 95 and that is where the issues cropped up I could see it perhaps.

Glad I have an F150! Big Grin

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Death wobble.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29734 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
Who pays $92k for a truck? If they said it wasn't designed to go over 95 and that is where the issues cropped up I could see it perhaps.

Glad I have an F150! Big Grin

Yeah not sure what the actual price tag was but that was what was stated on FB. Maybe that’s the sticker?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Do a search for the Ford Death Wobble. It's been a common problem for years, and this is just another case of the Ford dealer network not fixing a problem and trying to pass it off as normal.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
Do a search for the Ford Death Wobble. It's been a common problem for years, and this is just another case of the Ford dealer network not fixing a problem and trying to pass it off as normal.

Sound more like a R&D problem than a dealer problem.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
The shaking in that video is ridiculous!! I would be so pissed.

Posts: 5075 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
When could you believe anything the dealer said?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
Why wasn't this shaking noticed during the test drive before making the purchase ?

Not everyone test drives a brand new vehicle.

I'd death wobble that F250 right through the front window of that dealership. Holy Toledo would I be pissed off.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30440 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here in Michigan, we have what is known as the "lemon law". Four unsuccessful attempts to repair a defect within a set time period and the manufacturer buys the vehicle back. Hopefully, this guy is in Michigan.

Posts: 418 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I believe lemon laws are pretty universal throughout all 50 states

Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Are they saying every F250 on the lot does this?

Man, I'd be calling the local news, CNN, Foxnews, anyone who'd like to make some stink over this.

He should also ask the servicemanager where in the user manual it says not to drive the vehicle over 65mph without a load.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6853 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 64dodge:
Here in Michigan, we have what is known as the "lemon law". Four unsuccessful attempts to repair a defect within a set time period and the manufacturer buys the vehicle back. Hopefully, this guy is in Michigan.
Well yay Michigan! EVERY state has a lemon law. Roll Eyes

https://www.carlemon.com/lemon-law-summaries.html

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I’ve been riding with my buddy in his 2012 F250 King Ranch and had the death wobble happen. Scary as hell at 60 mph in that thing in traffic.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
I'd never listen to a dealer. The guy needs to call FoMoCo directly, dealers aren't called stealerships for no reason....

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
Who pays $92k for a truck?

Preach. If I pay $90K+ for a truck, I'm going to expect 65mph+, land, sea, and air.

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dealer is full of it. Truck is unsafe to drive. Owner needs to contact Ford regional manager ASAP.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
I like Ford trucks fine, but I also had a bad experience with a dealer who told me my truck was overheating because it was hot outside. No lie.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I have a an extremely low tolerance for dealer bullshit. They get two shots at me. First time I call them on it, they get one more shot to get it right and then I'm on the phone to the regional rep.

Only had to get ugly with 'em once so far.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15276 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post