SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cuffed & Stuffed suspect left in cruiser parked on RR tracks......
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cuffed & Stuffed suspect left in cruiser parked on RR tracks...... Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Start adding the zero, that will never see the inside of a courtroom.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just saw a bit of it. Looks like they were doing a “felony stop”. Now, that is a situation where you just keep on going then when secured move your cruiser if need be. In this case the cruiser needed to be moved. People can be dumbasses when they get stopped. They stop anywhere and everywhere. A “normal” traffic stop you can usually tell them to pull ahead or something. Where this doorknob stopped put the cruiser right on the tracks. Again, once secured move that cruiser.

Posts: 4059 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
This will cost the taxpayers. It should cost the officers.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of keltoi
posted Hide Post
Will the Leo keep his job and will this be excused away ?

Posts: 630 | Location:  | Registered: December 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Looks like what happens when nepotism is involved when hiring, especially in a small town.
Everybody that was at the scene when the train came should be fired!

Posts: 4629 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by keltoi:
Will the Leo keep his job and will this be excused away ?
Why would you think such a thing?

Do you have a problem with the police? You took the same kind of odd approach in this thread: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...720073664#5720073664

And this: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...680061034#9680061034

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
I just saw a bit of it. Looks like they were doing a “felony stop”. Now, that is a situation where you just keep on going then when secured move your cruiser if need be. In this case the cruiser needed to be moved. People can be dumbasses when they get stopped. They stop anywhere and everywhere. A “normal” traffic stop you can usually tell them to pull ahead or something. Where this doorknob stopped put the cruiser right on the tracks. Again, once secured move that cruiser.

You gotta be kidding me. You're blaming the female suspect for this dipshit cop parking his cruiser on the train tracks? Hilarious.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
What a bunch of clowns. I can't imagine being a law enforcement officer and trying to defend their idiotic actions.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

You gotta be kidding me. You're blaming the female suspect for this dipshit cop parking his cruiser on the train tracks? Hilarious.

I don't see him saying that at all...but you have to understand the training that goes into a high-risk (formerly called "felony") stop to understand where 357fuzz is coming from. Those types of stops are a highly orchestrated event that require precise positioning of the patrol vehicles in relation to the suspect vehicle. Stopping on the tracks is definitely not ideal, though, and if he noticed they were there he should have parked somewhere else, even if it meant compromising his vehicle positioning. It's easy to get sucked in during the heat of the moment and not pay attention to your surroundings...we train to overcome that, but it happens. At the very least somebody definitely should have figured it out once she was secured and immediately moved the car. Whole lot of stupid here...heads are gonna roll and there will be a significant payout as well.

I will say that people do pick some freaking stupid places to stop, even on normal traffic stops. They'll pull into a driveway and stop right at the end leaving me hanging out in the road, or stop in the median, or opt to stop on a busy street instead of pulling into the nice big parking lot I intentionally timed the stop to coincide with. This stop is yet another example of that, but the officers should have seen the danger and adapted their tactics to avoid it.

Posts: 8573 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Most likely the NTSB will have jurisdiction on this investigation. I think that it would be hard for any state agency to bias any investigation when the Feds are doing their thing. This probably won’t go well for the officers. Police procedure on a felony stop won’t justify fouling a RR crossing. Potentially derailing a train is way more harmful than a woman with a gun.

It’s an old RR joke, but the pecking order goes:
God -> RR -> Govt
Never, ever, dick with the RR.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I made a stop, felony or not, I planned the location before hand. If the car stopped in a dangerous or unsafe area, I used the P.A. to have them move to a better location. That worked, most of the time.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
When I made a stop, felony or not, I planned the location before hand. If the car stopped in a dangerous or unsafe area, I used the P.A. to have them move to a better location. That worked, most of the time.

Always try to plan every stop however, it almost always depends on when they plan on stopping. The PA thing works sometimes. Usually not. They can’t hear. Their windows don’t roll down. Plain stupid. Never paid attention in driver’s Ed. Or, do not speak English.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Wow. Please point out where I blamed this F-up on the driver. Just pointed out where they stopped. I don’t think I defended the cops either…. I’m still looking for that part…… I’m waiting…… now if I was the bad ass cop you are I would have shoved those push bars right up their ass and put them where you would put them because you are the boss of the road!!!!

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This is a total lack of situational awareness on the part of the offices involved. Not only do you NEVER park an emergency (or any) vehicle on the tracks, but you could hear the train horn in the distance when they were approaching the vehicle to search and a few times during the search. It's likely they were so task focused they weren't paying attention. Hard to understand as trains aren't known for being quiet and sneaky.

It is beyond me with multiple vehicles on scene, why they would put the suspect in the vehicle parked on the tracks. At least one officer there should have considered whether that was a good idea.

Perhaps there wasn't much choice to leave that cruiser there until the suspect vehicle was cleared. Once cleared of threats that vehicle should have been moved off the tracks.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37966 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Monday Morning Monkey Quarterbacking Late Saturday Night...

From all the "reporting" available.

Gurly Girl (GG) had a "road rage" encounter where a gun was brought into the game.

Po-leece are BOLO'ing the GG and her Pick'em UpTruck™.

Find suspected viewhickle and chased for a while, maybe she had time to throw pizza, panties or a Roscoe oit the winder, maybe not, (meanwhile, lots of lights and sireens, GPS-ing high rate of speed and hastes...)

Finally GG stops at a point that the pursuing Occifer is stucked on them Ray-Road tracks-n-shits, and then e'rybody in the "DON'TLEMMWSEEYOURMOVEGETOUTOFTHEGROUNDONYERHANDSVEHICHLESHOWMESTOPTURNRESITINZGAROUND!!!!" mode of command and control, while GG is axing "WHATDIDTHESEAREMYCELLPANTPHONEDO?".

And the train, hauling 30,000 Pounds of Bananas, while the Ol' Jack Johnson, he was a negro pugilist, couldn't get a job as an engineer on the train, so he just sat down beside the railroad tracks and wrote a blues song about all the shit he sees happening on the railroad tracks...

And rather than drag this out all weekend, there is a thing called the "OODA Loop". Not a ride at 6 Flags over Georgia, and not some bad programming that makes you want to "try turning it off and on again".

But a process when "first nature", can be you best friend in times of need.

It keeps your brain from getting stuck on target fixation or lost while battling a helmet fire, and can save your life and the life of those in your charge.

It had nothing to do with tattoos, or good copping or bad copping, rubber donuts or dogshit with sprinkles. It had to do with loss of situational awareness and the things that are important and getting hung up on minutia.

Once the GG was cuffed and stuffed, and the truck the truck was cleared, the instant "assess the scene" should have been the most important task.

That would have been an "OH! Get the unit off the damned tracks!" and should have been "any/everybody's" task.

I have been in such situations, as a crewmember on aircraft with live munitions and many things going on, to ground crew in situations (with more live munitions) and many things going on. You either are aware and do the right thing, or you are in the report after the fact.

No hating (or gloating) on those folks that cut the wrong wire.

I am just fortunate to have guessed gooder than other folks.

I was not there. I am not going to pretend I would have done better. Only that I hope I would in similar circumstances.

But in all of it, for whatever reason GG and the LEO folks ended up in that episode of life, that no one died, and that all may have opportunity to apply all they experienced in life going forward.

It is too damned short to be pissed away pointing fingers or wanting some retribution handed out to a perceived offense, real or imagined.

(guessing this incident will be in many a training session for a long time...)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wow. Please point out where I blamed this F-up on the driver.

I said you blamed her for where the cop parked, not for the overall screw-up.

quote:
Where this doorknob stopped put the cruiser right on the tracks.

The driver of the cruiser put the cruiser on the tracks. Not the suspect.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
We have to go to a funeral next week from a train accident death.

Tabitha's nephew got struck and severely injured, then lingered on life support for a week.

That woman is beyond lucky it didn't rip her spinal cord from her brain stem like Tab's nephew did.

100% chance her injuries are lifelong and the "compensation" is inadequate to cover them.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34120 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
FYI, Weld County is in northern Colorado, the county seat is Greeley. It’s a mostly rural county that does not include Fort Collins, which lies west of Weld County. There needs to be serious consequences, and I expect there will be.

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
It had to do with loss of situational awareness and the things that are important and getting hung up on minutia.
I'm glad somebody else noted this. It was my thought, too.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

Always try to plan every stop however, it almost always depends on when they plan on stopping. The PA thing works sometimes. Usually not. They can’t hear. Their windows don’t roll down. Plain stupid. Never paid attention in driver’s Ed. Or, do not speak English.
PA might work for me, might not. With my hearing aids, the sound is loud enough but depending on the fidelity of the PA system, I might just hear loud sounds and not be able to distinguish the words.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post