SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cuffed & Stuffed suspect left in cruiser parked on RR tracks......
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cuffed & Stuffed suspect left in cruiser parked on RR tracks...... Login/Join 
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted
I am very pro Law Enforcement, however, these cops need to be prosecuted for negligence:

Police cuff and stuff suspect into cruiser sitting on railroad tracks

Posts: 1296 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Never in my entire career did I park a patrol car on the tracks. We had two lines running thru town, north to south, Amtrak every day, freight all day and night….

W T F

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11286 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was perhaps the dumbest most incompetent thing I’ve ever seen. Those guys need to be making lattes for a living.

Posts: 7500 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Stupid F’ing morons. Did you hear the one guy chuckle about something when they were going through her stuff?
What happened to the woman?

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
Stupid F’ing morons. Did you hear the one guy chuckle about something when they were going through her stuff?
What happened to the woman?

She survived with broken ribs and sternum.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Just incredible.

Assuming she recovers with no lasting physical injuries, I'd say that was her lucky day considering the payout she's about to receive.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
That's astonishing.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Thread drift...

Why do cops always look like they've got their weapons canted at about 45 degrees in these videos? Are they taught that way or is it just the perception from the camera angle?

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Thread drift...

Center Axis Relock. Weapon retention, close quarters sighting.

Like anything, it needs to be learned, practiced and put to use when it needs to be, and not when it is unnecessary.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That for sure will make a training video. Total incompetence for all involved. Searching the vehicle after the collision is them trying to CYA.

Posts: 423 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Thread drift...

Why do cops always look like they've got their weapons canted at about 45 degrees in these videos? Are they taught that way or is it just the perception from the camera angle?

Wearing a vest, it’s hard to bring your arms to a complete locked isosceles triangle with your arms..plus the camera lens is fisheye and distorts what you see. The vest doesn’t compress and many people have a hard plate in the center to cover the heart to help spread the impact from a center shot. So you’re trying to squish that also and it’s not gonna move.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11286 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Center Axis Relock.

Interesting. I noticed the one guy had his AR in that position as well.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I watched without audio so really no idea what was going on in terms of the stop and why rifles and pistol's drawn. Guessing it had to be some kind of a felony stop?

But with all the cops on scene no one could see a train coming? The one cop looks panicked and locked up. Not a good trait for police.

This is a real black eye for the dept. Some should loose their jobs and benefits.

I know the police are just regular folks with jobs. But a pet pev of mine is seeing them all tatted up. Just looks so out of place to me. Rant over.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19190 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, IQ scores are on the decline.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Really sad,hope the lady recovers and lives a happy life after this.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
One of the comments in the article alluded to the fact that she may have been brandishing at a road rage incident, hence the cops looking for and obsessing over a weapon. But that wasn't in the article itself.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3301 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
One of the comments in the article alluded to the fact that she may have been brandishing at a road rage incident, hence the cops looking for and obsessing over a weapon. But that wasn't in the article itself.

Yes, she was reportedly involved in a road rage incident according to another article I read. No mention about brandishing, but that would be my assumption.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This fits the story very well

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Yup, this viewer found that graphic content to be disturbing.

I'd love to see the railroad engineer interviewed for his opinion of the incident.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of the train engineers have experienced multiple close calls as well as collisions. These events are all taped. Some of these engineers cannot get the picture out of their mind.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post