SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Weird trends in pickup truck modification - Carolina Squat
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weird trends in pickup truck modification - Carolina Squat Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFvkr6GBWLw

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See them all over eastern NC. For some reason they also modify the muffler to turn gasoline into noise

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I think “retarded” would be a good name for it.

“I think I’ll lower the rear on my pickup so much that I can’t at all use it for it’s designed purpose for existing.”

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
That could result in a whole new outcome to a common type of accident.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8635 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

“I think I’ll lower the rear on my pickup so much that I can’t at all use it for it’s designed purpose for existing.”

Like wearing a ball cap backwards.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
the 60's are back!

Posts: 1552 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
That's the most retarded thing I've ever seen.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember 60-70s when a “rake” was popular with some. Rear end jacked up and front lowered. Not good for swift cornering as high center of gravity in rear wants to roll over.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I asked my co-worker who is from Wilmington, NC, about this, and he confirmed - very common there.
quote:
Originally posted by maxdog:
I remember 60-70s when a “rake” was popular with some. Rear end jacked up and front lowered. Not good for swift cornering as high center of gravity in rear wants to roll over.

That look was to emulate the drag racing Funny Cars of the era, which used the bodies of the actual cars (on top of a tube frame) they were supposed to represent. Of course, as we all know, Funny Cars only go in a straight line for a quarter of a mile.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
In my old man logic...Anyone who would take a truck, a vehicle designed for towing and hauling, and modify it in such a way as to render it useless for that purpose is a moron. There you have it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I asked my co-worker who is from Wilmington, NC, about this, and he confirmed - very common there.
quote:
Originally posted by maxdog:

That look was to emulate the drag racing Funny Cars of the era, which used the bodies of the actual cars (on top of a tube frame) they were supposed to represent. Of course, as we all know, Funny Cars only go in a straight line for a quarter of a mile.

Or if you took it to the drag strip on Sunday you could put larger wheels and tires on it. AHH. The good old days

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
In my old man logic...Anyone who would take a truck, a vehicle designed for towing and hauling, and modify it in such a way as to render it useless for that purpose is a moron. There you have it.

I agree. My truck doesn't look like that even when loaded and towing.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I live near Charlotte and I've not seen anything like that .....
Maybe a west Virginia thing ! Lol !

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

Like wearing a ball cap backwards.

Not true. Wearing a ballcap backwards keeps the bill off the scope and the sun off the back of my neck while in the prone.

This, however, is TOTALLY useless.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Back in California in the 1980s, "wide-wheelers" (wheels with so much offset that the outsides of the wheels/tires were far outside of the car's fenders) were popular. This went along with the rims being much too wide for the tires.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
It's the Jar Jar Binks of the pick-up modification world

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23101 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
They can keep those trucks, and the Eastern Style BBQ, right there in the East! Smile

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you haul things like furniture you just open the tail gate and everything just slides right out. It makes everything so easy. I call it the dump truck lean.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I must be a trend setter, I've got an '88 Ranger that's been doing that for over a decade. Big Grin

Also does this backwards low-rider bounce going down the highway from no rear shocks, due to the mounts having rusted off the frame years ago. Wink

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post