SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Weird trends in pickup truck modification - Carolina Squat
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weird trends in pickup truck modification - Carolina Squat Login/Join 
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
“I think I’ll lower the rear on my pickup so much that I can’t at all use it for it’s designed purpose for existing.”

Exactly. How's his girlfriend gonna keep herself from sliding out?

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2540 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Oh. Hell. No.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I must be getting old. I don’t see the purpose of it, AND I think it looks stupid.
Many other trends with cars, I saw, and while I didn’t like it, I could appreciate the time, effort and money spent.
This is more ridiculous than the Donk car trend a few years ago.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

Old Guy here, I had no idea what a "Donk car" is, I had to look it up. Hmmm . . . that's pretty cool. Where can I get one?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Where can I get one?

At a ghetto near you!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
I live near Charlotte and I've not seen anything like that .....
Maybe a west Virginia thing ! Lol !

Hey now. Big Grin
I see these trucks en masse every summer in Cherry Grove/N. Myrtle Beach, SC.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
I live near Charlotte and I've not seen anything like that .....

I'm just outside of Charlotte and hadn't either until yesterday. It's actually worse looking in person than in pics. I kind of expected a bunch of circus clowns to get out of it and do a Chinese fire drill at the red light.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Idiocy. Doing something just because it's different- this is what you get from people who lack imagination and who follow the stupid moves of others. That's all it is. It's not a good idea. It's just different, and people who do stuff like this are putting their stupidity on display.

Good luck with selling your broke-ass shit after you get tired of it, and you will get tired of it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
In the world of Tacoma's that's a "Bro Lean" It started with trucks dedicated to off road use and off road racing (Baja et al) where a steeper approach angle helps clear hills and obstacles. However, it's made it's way to everyday vehicles and I think just looks stupid.

A truck without a load in the bed should be higher in the rear than the front. Once a load is added to the bed (that's what it's there for) it more or less evens out. The street Bro Lean trucks are basically Mall Crawlers.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
quote:
Where can I get one?
At a ghetto near you!
I just looked at the picture of the Donk Camaro and had visions of me, an old white guy, driving it through the 'hood, waving at folks. I just can't stop giggling.

The only thing that would make it better would be to make it jump (whatever they call it), like Cheech's car.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Old Guy here, I had no idea what a "Donk car" is, I had to look it up. Hmmm . . . that's pretty cool. Where can I get one?

Vtail, that one is well done. They actually put some effort into body mods to make the wheels fit, somewhat.

Then there is the majority...

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

I need one. I really, really, need one. Cool!

Not sure that I could deal with a boarding ladder at my age, but I'm sure I could figure sonething out.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Hell, even the Donk trend can be useful. Squatted trucks, not so much.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I didn't even know they made tires that thin (middle pic of maroon car - donkey king or whatever it says).

Seems like it would be painful to hit even the smallest hole or bump. And possibly expensive as well.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
In my old man logic...Anyone who would take a truck, a vehicle designed for towing and hauling, and modify it in such a way as to render it useless for that purpose is a moron. There you have it.

I agree. My truck doesn't look like that even when loaded and towing.

Nice looking rig. That's exactly how a properly setup truck should look when towing. I see way too many lifted trucks with big tires and off-road shocks pulling heavy trailers with their ass end on the ground.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
I didn't even know they made tires that thin (middle pic of maroon car - donkey king or whatever it says).

Seems like it would be painful to hit even the smallest hole or bump. And possibly expensive as well.

Are they even actually tires?

It looks like they bought some tread strips from a truck tire retread shop and glued them right onto the rims.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
what's a pre-runner?

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:

what's a pre-runner?
A truck that is used to run an off-road course before the race (pre-run) to familiarize the driver with the course, without using the expensive high-performance truck that will be used in the actual race.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
With Ford leaf springs the "dago" came naturally.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post