SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Philadelphia starts the new year off with a bang
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philadelphia starts the new year off with a bang Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
They are both in critical condition.
Not nearly critical enough AFAIC.

Though it's not the same as the scenario in that story, I would love the opportunity to practice firing a pistol from inside an automobile, through both the windshield and the door glass.

You should look into shooting IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Association). Most state level and above matches (and usually every National match) will usually include a stage starting with engaging targets from inside an automobile. But not through the glass.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

My first guess would be Eddie Johnson....

No.
Our "favorite feeb" judy "Gotta Run" Weis

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
ot nearly critical enough AFAIC.

Though it's not the same as the scenario in that story, I would love the opportunity to practice firing a pistol from inside an automobile, through both the windshield and the door glass.

I took this exact class at the Sig Sauer Academy a few years back - "Bullets on Vehicles". Students had the opportunity to shoot through vehicles from the exterior (learning how useless a vehicle really is as cover) as well as shooting out of the vehicle as both a driver and passenger. The impact trajectories of different calibers through the windshield-to-target were interesting. One of the better classes I have taken there.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Sig Academy has a course --> https://www.sigsaueracademy.co...bullets-and-vehicles

BULLETS AND VEHICLES

Cars have never been so exciting! The SIG SAUER Academy offers one of the only live fire vehicle courses publicly available. With so much of our time spent traveling, mastering vehicle combat is essential.

This course covers the dynamics of shooting from inside a vehicle, shooting from a moving vehicle and through windshield glass, as well as defensive vehicle use and cover. Students learn to use a vehicle to the maximum advantage - shooting through it, under it, and around it.

This is a one day (8:30AM - 5:00PM) course in Epping, NH

3 slots available on April 7, 2022

FYI - All other scheduled dates for this course thru 8/26 are full, so...
____

ETA - Looks like 'Graniteguy' types a little faster than I do, but in my defense, I had to find it on the website and check the schedule! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post