SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Philadelphia starts the new year off with a bang
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philadelphia starts the new year off with a bang Login/Join 
posted
According to the Philadelphia police, as of 6PM on January 1, 2022 TWENTY (20) Philadelphians have been SHOT, 3 fatally. (That's so far. We have more time to get the numbers up. It's 9PM as I write this.) DA Larry Krasner must be very proud. The link below is from earlier today. The twenty count is updated from the Philadelphia PD.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/phi...-shootings-homicides

Posts: 1053 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as it (violence) isn’t touching his family, it doesn’t exist.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Bravo, Philadelphia. Roll Eyes

Krasner, you suck.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But it's the guns fault... Without guns, there wouldn't be any violence in Filthydelphia.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Without guns, the miscreants would just resort to sticks, clubs, knifes, machetes and spears. Just like in the old country.

Demonization of the guns is just to serve the leftists agenda. Which they can't implement without disarming the non miscreant populace. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Krasner is a real piece of work. In a recent interview he denied the surge in crime, stated that it just a misrepresentation by the media.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NOCkid:
Krasner is a real piece of work. In a recent interview he denied the surge in crime, stated that it just a misrepresentation by the media.

I don't know how this works, but I'm officially coining the phrase "acute lead poisoning" instead of "shooting". And I'm doing it right here on the Sig Forum!

Once one of these political hacks figures out all they have to do is change the name/phrase and expect to change the result- that person was "shot", but that one has "acute lead poisoning"! I mean, they both have a bullet in their ass, but it's totally different. Wink

One of our former superintendents wanted to re-classify homicides "indoor" and "outdoor". "We had 25 INDOOR Homicides, but only 20 OUTDOOR Homicides!" Sounds much better than saying "45 people got killed."

It's kinda sad seeing someone that dumb run things and not know how dumb they are.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I might be wrong, but there was a shootout in Philly recently, Police recovered at least 65 pieces of brass, 2 different calibers.

Where are they finding all that ammo?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
I might be wrong, but there was a shootout in Philly recently, Police recovered at least 65 pieces of brass, 2 different calibers.

I also would like to know where they are finding all this ammo.

Take this one for example.

90 shell cases found, no one hurt in southeast Portland!

PORTLAND, Ore. (KPTV) – The Portland Police Bureau said it is investigating a shooting after about 90 cartridge cases were found early Saturday morning in southeast Portland.

PPB said just after 3 a.m. Saturday, a Portland Fire & Rescue crew in the 17400 block of Southeast Division Street reported that shots were being fired in the area. When officers responded, they found about 90 cartridge cases of multiple calibers. They did not find any victims. One unoccupied car was hit.

https://www.kptv.com/news/90-s...html?block_id=994431

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
They changed the numbers. At least 87 rounds, six shooters. Two blocks from an acquaintance's historic building ...

This is what you get when the gov't pays single women to have as many children as they want. No 'family', ill-educated, no values, no morals.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal....-violence-advocates/

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
quote:

I also would like to know where they are finding all this ammo.

Take this one for example.

90 shell cases found, no one hurt in southeast Portland!

PORTLAND, Ore. (KPTV) – The Portland Police Bureau said it is investigating a shooting after about 90 cartridge cases were found early Saturday morning in southeast Portland.

PPB said just after 3 a.m. Saturday, a Portland Fire & Rescue crew in the 17400 block of Southeast Division Street reported that shots were being fired in the area. When officers responded, they found about 90 cartridge cases of multiple calibers. They did not find any victims. One unoccupied car was hit.

https://www.kptv.com/news/90-s...html?block_id=994431

Single mother warehouse is on the corner there.
I pass that on my way to work and do not stop at the lights, just look and keep going.
It got so sketchy that I changed my route.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I remember 1969 going to the parade after being up all night and watching the mummers slamming flasks, and puking on the street and their shoes.
I understand it was cleaned up since then but it was rather funny as an 18 yo group of kids.
I wouldn't go anywhere near that shit hole at this point.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I look forward to the new year, I am also working to revamp my resume and start looking for various ME's Offices and LE Agencies that may be interested in my 20+ years of experience.

As I sat contemplating where I might look, I also reflected on who passed me over and ones I declined. The whole what may have been scenario.

One Dept that I really look forward to joining was the Philly PD. I was all set the first time but AFG called and I was happy as a lark.

The Dept has reached out to me a couple times since but I never pulled the trigger. Now that I turned 50 (two weeks ago) i am thinking: "There is no way I want to put up with that crap".

Besides the Political BS, the level of violence/crime is outrageous and just plain ridiculous.

I even passed on the ME office because of the pay. I told them that I was not going to put up with all that BS and cold weather for such little pay.

I have looked at York and Bucks County but still.

Philly, Baltimore, Chicago, Louisville is taking crime and murder to a whole level of stupidity.

I don't mind running and gunning all night but come on...

Durham is on its way.
The people here put up with it, and the Mayor, City Council etc.. with their hug a thug programs preach and spout all this white guilt rhetoric, and how its not their fault blah blah blah..

The Dumb a!!es here eat it all up, and actually feel sorry for them. They just bend over and pay outrageous taxes for nothing in return.

Edit...

I was talking with a guy at the Planet Fitness in near UNC Campus the other day.

He just moved here from the Philadelphia area after putting up with its decline after 20+ years. He is not a big fan of NC but it is 1000% better than dealing with Philly.

He told me the difference is surreal.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

One of our former superintendents wanted to re-classify homicides "indoor" and "outdoor". "We had 25 INDOOR Homicides, but only 20 OUTDOOR Homicides!" Sounds much better than saying "45 people got killed."

My first guess would be Eddie Johnson....

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A good friend of mine that was a Station House Commander in Baltimore City told tales just like CPD Sig stated in post.

The sad part is that people buy this garbage..

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Seems like a damn good time to be a criminal.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:

Is it all Aguila® brand?

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally. Good news today out of Philadelphia! Two thugs attempted to carjack a Lyft driver in Philadelphia today. Both subjects were shot by the intended victim. They are both in critical condition. The intended victim was not injured. The Lyft driver had a carry permit. The account of the incident clearly indicates the driver was defending himself against the imminent threat of bodily harm. So it looks like criminal loving DA Larry Krasner won't be able to touch him.

https://6abc.com/parkside-carj...1st-street/11424686/

Posts: 1053 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
Finally. Good news today out of Philadelphia! Two thugs attempted to carjack a Lyft driver in Philadelphia today. Both subjects were shot by the intended victim. They are both in critical condition. The intended victim was not injured. The Lyft driver had a carry permit. The account of the incident clearly indicates the driver was defending himself against the imminent threat of bodily harm. So it looks like criminal loving DA Larry Krasner won't be able to touch him.

https://6abc.com/parkside-carj...1st-street/11424686/

Unfortunately Lyft will probably fire him for that Mad

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
They are both in critical condition.
Not nearly critical enough AFAIC.

Though it's not the same as the scenario in that story, I would love the opportunity to practice firing a pistol from inside an automobile, through both the windshield and the door glass.

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post